ADVERTISEMENT

So 4-0 and 9th in both polls....Feeling like we will pull this out

Just feel like maybe we will have just enough things bounce our way, I don't know, some reason

Losing Bosa is a much bigger deal than anyone else is making of it, in my view. It's an enormous loss for them. Doesn't mean we will win: We need a whole bunch of things to go our way, but I think we have a shot without Bosa. With him, I think they win easily.

You guys will have your work cut out for you just trying to keep it close. The Buckeyes really want to atone for the game 2 years ago and Urban wants to make a statement, IMO. Of course, anything could happen.

Losing Bosa is a much bigger deal than anyone else is making of it, in my view. It's an enormous loss for them. Doesn't mean we will win: We need a whole bunch of things to go our way, but I think we have a shot without Bosa. With him, I think they win easily.
Easily? You're a troll.

If we can hold OSU to under 35 points, we win. Early prediction-our freshman kicker rights himself and kicks the game winner to break a tie as the clock winds down. PSU 38 OSU 35.

Reactions: NedFromYork
You guys will have your work cut out for you just trying to keep it close. The Buckeyes really want to atone for the game 2 years ago and Urban wants to make a statement, IMO. Of course, anything could happen.

Hope someone is helping Urbey with his “statements”.....his recent efforts in front of cameras are pretty pathetic.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN and royboy
Thanks I am sure Franklin wasn’t aware Liar wants to make a statement.

You needed 3 gifts to score a flukey win over currently Unranked TCU a week ago.
14 points were gifted to them, true. Penn State has more than a "punchers chance" this week, but the defense has not figured out how to play a complete game yet.

14 points were gifted to them, true. Penn State has more than a "punchers chance" this week, but the defense has not figured out how to play a complete game yet.

And OSU hasn’t played a road game yet. The last two white outs clearly had an effect on them.

And OSU hasn’t played a road game yet. The last two white outs clearly had an effect on them.
Correct. And, this is Haskins first true road game. And it's at night. White Out. Toughest place to play in the nation and the loudest crowd. His buddy Joe Burrow didn't do him any favors with the dis.

The lions really want to atone for the game last year when the buckeyes got a flukey win. Let’s also not forget the 2014 travesty, when the refs stole the game for OSU. Franklin wants to make a statement.

Just feel like maybe we will have just enough things bounce our way, I don't know, some reason

Unfortunately, this has been set up in such a way that even if we win, we might only move up one spot as we are the lowest ranked 4-0 P5 Team in the nation and only ND and Stanford play each other in front of us. IOW, if duhO$U wins they're clearly a top 4 team, but if we win, duhO$U was young, over-rated and PSU exposed them.... UGa just struggled mightily with a Mizzu team that would probably lose badly to AppState, but remained at #2 because the "gutted out a win" (ditto OU falling one spot after being outplayed by a near-DIAA Mid-Major Army team)??? The biggest shame of this, if PSU wins, would be that PSU would have taken 2 of last 3 from duhO$U (and came within 1 point, and losing the lead in closing minutes at their place, of going for 3 in a row....), but may be ranked 8th with duhO$U ranked 9th even if PSU wins. If PSU wins this game, they should unquestionably ranked Top 4 if duhO$U is already ranked Top 4 with no such win (keep in mind, TCU has 2 losses and isn't even ranked anymore!). If PSU wins, They will be the only 5-0 B1G team and the only team in the nation that would own a win over a consensis "Top 4 Team", but that's not how it will play out even if PSU wins, but you'll have moronic a-hole poser-troll fraud PSU fans (that are actually ASWP or b1g shizhole douches) telling us how much sense this bullshit, corrupt, "beauty-pageant" invitational system, that is not a "playoff" in any way, shape or form, makes...go figure!

Reactions: Creek Side
Feelings won't help. I'm sure Franklin, his coaches, and team will work like crazy people to win this week. Probably more than any of us will ever know. I'm sure he'll leverage every advantage and positive energy the home crowd and stadium can give us. If OSU wins it will be the result of all those # 1 ranked B1G and top 2 or 3 nationally ranked recruiting classes they've put together the past 5 years. They are suppose to be here, we're not. That should concern their fans. It's truly remarkable what Franklin has done in his short time with all the weight this program and University has had to carry. OSU is wearing the crown and everyone eventually comes for the king. This game will show how much we're closing the gap. If we lose it won't be anyone's fault or blame. It will simply show where we have to get better and stronger to take the crown.

Unfortunately, this has been set up in such a way that even if we win, we might only move up one spot as we are the lowest ranked 4-0 P5 Team in the nation and only ND and Stanford play each other in front of us. IOW, if duhO$U wins they're clearly a top 4 team, but if we win, duhO$U was young, over-rated and PSU exposed them.... UGa just struggled mightily with a Mizzu team that would probably lose badly to AppState, but remained at #2 because the "gutted out a win" (ditto OU falling one spot after being outplayed by a near-DIAA Mid-Major Army team)??? The biggest shame of this, if PSU wins, would be that PSU would have taken 2 of last 3 from duhO$U (and came within 1 point, and losing the lead in closing minutes at their place, of going for 3 in a row....), but may be ranked 8th with duhO$U ranked 9th even if PSU wins. If PSU wins this game, they should unquestionably ranked Top 4 if duhO$U is already ranked Top 4 with no such win (keep in mind, TCU has 2 losses and isn't even ranked anymore!). If PSU wins, They will be the only 5-0 B1G team and the only team in the nation that would own a win over a consensis "Top 4 Team", but that's not how it will play out even if PSU wins, but you'll have moronic a-hole poser-troll fraud PSU fans (that are actually ASWP or b1g shizhole douches) telling us how much sense this bullshit, corrupt, "beauty-pageant" invitational system, that is not a "playoff" in any way, shape or form, makes...go figure!
You're getting way ahead of yourself, dude. If we win on Sat, we will move up several spots.

If we win, even by just 1 point and on a flukey play, PSU will most certainly jump up by more than 1 spot in the polls. They’d pass the loser of ND vs Stanford, OSU and LSU, maybe even OU. Worst case, they’d be at #6.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I love comments like Urban wants to make statement. As if it’s as simple as the coach decided he will dominate PSU so it will happen. Like Joe always said when the game was closer than fans expected, the other guy has pretty good scholarship players too.

It's 21guns with another new handle. He isn't really a troll. He bleeds blue and white and makes others bleed red at parking lot tailgates if they cross him on any of the various message boards from which he is intermittently banned.
I don’t know, mn. It’s not really his style of writing - caps, obnoxiousness, absolute certainty of his opinions, misspellings. It would be difficult for a strapper like Gunsie to have changed his style so much, something he hasn’t done in the past. I’m reluctant to agree that this cat is Gunsie. I think we should form a commitee:eek:, have meetings:eek:, take polls:eek:, expense accounts:D, the whole bit:eek:. You’ll be in charge of the financing. :cool:

Reactions: mn78psu83
I love the rant!!! If we win we move into top 5. We need to win the game 1st though before we start worrying about next week's rankings.

WE ARE!

Reactions: KnightSlayer
I understand winning takes care of these things but, how do we drop three spots when we go to overtime with App State in the first game of the year and, Oklahoma only drops one spot going into overtime with Army in their 4th game of the season?
Getting votes in the polls is kind of like being chosen homecoming queen in high school- you have to be in the right crowd

Feelings won't help. I'm sure Franklin, his coaches, and team will work like crazy people to win this week. Probably more than any of us will ever know. I'm sure he'll leverage every advantage and positive energy the home crowd and stadium can give us. If OSU wins it will be the result of all those # 1 ranked B1G and top 2 or 3 nationally ranked recruiting classes they've put together the past 5 years. They are suppose to be here, we're not. That should concern their fans. It's truly remarkable what Franklin has done in his short time with all the weight this program and University has had to carry. OSU is wearing the crown and everyone eventually comes for the king. This game will show how much we're closing the gap. If we lose it won't be anyone's fault or blame. It will simply show where we have to get better and stronger to take the crown.
I disagree. Feelings do help. Confidence. Controlled emotion.

If feelings didn't help wouldn't the more talented team always win?

I disagree. Feelings do help. Confidence. Controlled emotion.

If feelings didn't help wouldn't the more talented team always win?
You misunderstood. I was not talking about the players or our coaches feelings and emotions. Of course that matters! I was referring to mine, yours or others feelings as fans as not having any predictive power on the outcome of the game. I feel and hope the dickens we win, but it won't be by magic. I'll take some luck, but in the concrete we'll have to out play, out hit, and out last them. The poster said "just feel like maybe we'll have just enough things bounce our way....for some reason". That was my reference point. Sorry, I could have been clearer.

Reactions: PSU87
just want to reference Old Dominion over VaTech here....bigger upset than App State vs Michigan was in my opinion

college football isn't like the NFL where its almost a coin flip but man be ready for any freaking thing

Kentucky, Duke, and Syracuse are ranked ahead of us?
He meant out of the first nine. Overall, out of 12 RANKED unbeaten teams we are ranked 9th. Not much respect.

That all ends Saturday if PSU wins. We'll move up to 5th. Remember, the Big Ten devalued it's own championship. Even Ohio State with all their media glory and love, isn't respected like Georgia and Clemson, and Clemson just benched their darling starting QB.

You misunderstood. I was not talking about the players or our coaches feelings and emotions. Of course that matters! I was referring to mine, yours or others feelings as fans as not having any predictive power on the outcome of the game. I feel and hope the dickens we win, but it won't be by magic. I'll take some luck, but in the concrete we'll have to out play, out hit, and out last them. The poster said "just feel like maybe we'll have just enough things bounce our way....for some reason". That was my reference point. Sorry, I could have been clearer.
You certainly don't need to apologize, but I'm kinda bummed that me getting amped up doesn't actually help the team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT