ADVERTISEMENT

Site has become stale. Very few interesting threads.

Those who have been around these boards for a bit know exactly what you are doing and why.

You 100% started this thread as retribution for having your political posts removed. 100%.
Do you even realize how laughably delusional you have become? How exactly is starting this thread and asking for ways that we can improve the board some kind of "retribution"?

I would put you on ignore except that your spurious paranoia and conspiracy theories have become somewhat entertaining comedy whereby you are the joke. I almost look forward to whatever fanciful illusions or odd personal attacks you concoct next.

Do you even realize how laughably delusional you have become? How exactly is starting this thread and asking for ways that we can improve the board some kind of "retribution"?

I would put you on ignore except that your spurious paranoia and conspiracy theories have become somewhat entertaining comedy whereby you are the joke. I almost look forward to whatever fanciful illusions or odd personal attacks you concoct next.
I’m sure you starting this thread attacking this board within 48 hours of having most of your posts removed was just a coincidence.

You have also previously been banned under an alternative screen name for the same behavior.

I’m sure you starting this thread attacking this board within 48 hours of having most of your posts removed was just a coincidence.

You have also previously been banned under an alternative screen name for the same behavior.
Just stop! You're being rude and obnoxious. No one, I mean no one wants you to continue with this stuff.

Last edited:
The portal is a big buzzkill. There's no point in getting interested in players on the team when it changes so much. No use in getting attached to any players anymore because they may leave at anytime. Someone somewhere has probably run the numbers but it would be interesting to see the percentage of players that stay at one school their whole career today as opposed to 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. It's just less interesting this way. Like that Jerry Seinfeld bit says, you're rooting for laundry.

Re. the OT posts, if an OT post gets going and then it starts getting nasty then the mods should just cut off the people in the thread that are being nasty and let the rest keep posting. If a bunch of people are getting nasty then close the thread, but if it's just two or three, ban then and let the thread go on.

LOL... The board jester continues.

Reactions: bison13
Those who have been around these boards for a bit know exactly what you are doing and why.

You 100% started this thread as retribution for having your political posts removed. 100%.

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

You should apologize to the board for being such an insecure wuss who just knows what every poster is thinking.

I have previously posted about how some posters knowing that the political views of other posters from the old test board are incongruent with their own, are incapable of separating the content from posts of those posters from their own feelings about the known political leanings. Such people are irrational, emotionally driven, and will attack the posters of known opposing political leanings in any post for any reason. You illustrate this point very well.

Nothing in this thread implies any poster is having a temper tantrum or displaying any strong emotion outside of maybe general disappointment. But being ruled by your emotions, you had to launch a personal attack simply because you know that another poster holds different views. You may not realize this, but that reflects negatively on you, not on the poster that you are attacking simply because they hold different political views. It tells everyone that you cannot control your emotions and you aren't logical or rational.

Spend more time abiding by board rules and spend less time trying to rationalize your inability to do so.

You want to spice up the board? Maybe try Persona #57, as this one quickly became stale with its mindlessness and repetition. You should have left on the "high" note of your "goodbye, cruel world" outro post(s) when you were Online Persona.

The other site is unbearable to use. All the topics get condensed into a single thread. Ugh.

Amen. Posted about the judge ordering FSU/ ACC into mediation on the other board as well. It lasted all of about 15 minutes before the head nanny over there locked it. He merged it into a completely unrelated thread about ‘USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten and conference reaction’.

Is it really unreasonable in the down time of the year to have a thread about FSU and the ACC separate from a thread about the Big Ten and USC/ UCLA? Both Penn St boards are a shadow of what they used to be IMO.

Last edited:
I get that we are in the off-season. But there are lots of players entering the portal, committing to new schools, the NFL draft is this week, etc. We just have very little discussion of it here. And there are few OT threads that are interesting. Those used to be a big part of this site during the off-season. But we can't have that anymore. Too many people take offense to anything said.

I hope that the site doesn't die off but I'd have to believe the traffic is declining. Is there something we can do to grow the community here? Are there any OT discussions that are interesting that we can add that won't trigger easily offended posters? Any new thoughts or ideas to revive this site?

And for the record, the other site that bolted from here is just as stale.
The site will get interesting again when we start tracking flights again because we need a new coach. Those moments, when we rely on Sekrah for input, are lit.

The sight sucks, why save it?

Amen. Posted about the judge ordering FSU/ ACC into mediation on the other board as well. It lasted all of about 15 minutes before the head nanny over there locked it. He merged into a completely unrelated thread about ‘USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten and conference reaction’.

Is it really unreasonable in the down time of the year to have a thread about FSU and the ACC separate from a thread about the Big Ten and USC/ UCLA? Both Penn St boards are a shadow of what they used to be IMO.
Do you know how many I glitches I deal with here? It’s not worth the effort .

Last response if all you want to add is personal attacks. We are literally in a thread about the board going downhill and how to improve it and you can only lash out with personal attacks. Do you have no self-awareness? This is a big part of what is wrong with this board.

Who has hurt you? You don't have to try to drag everyone around you down. Are you that miserable? Thank God we only have to experience you in a virtual community and we can put you on ignore if we chose. It must be grating to those around you in real life.

Just because another holds different views, you can still treat people reasonably and respectably. In fact, intelligent and confident people seek out different points of view to challenge their ideas. Lashing out with only personal attacks is a clear admission of inability to think critically and reason, at least rationally and on topic. If you want to discuss the topic of this thread or have ideas of how to improve the board, then I will interact with you. If you want to have real discussion in another thread on topic, likewise. Otherwise, you are not worth my or any other posters' time. I've given you more opportunity than you deserve.

So @GregInPitt actually has taken a positive step adding an NFL draft thread considering the draft is this week. Some others have proposed a few ideas above to improve the site.

I'm wondering if maybe we can produce a list of OT topics that would be interesting? What other interests do posters on this board have that would be fun discussions?

I've tried financial planning and investment but it was deemed that we couldn't handle that. I quipped above about gardening but I do have 5 raised beds and space that I grow sunflowers and corn. I would actually be open to that topic. Maybe a topic on pets? Maybe a travel thread? Maybe a workout/training thread?

What other things could we share here that may be interesting topics?

Last edited:
So @GregInPitt actually has taken a positive step adding an NFL draft thread considering the draft is this week. Some others have proposed a few ideas above to improve the site.

I'm wondering if maybe we can produce a list of OT topics that would be interesting? What other interests do posters on this board have that would be fun discussions?

I've tried financial planning and investment but it was deemed that we couldn't handle that. I quipped above about gardening but I do have 5 raised beds and space that I grow sunflowers and corn. I would actually be open to that topic. Maybe a topic on pets? Maybe a travel thread? Maybe a workout/training thread?

Come you know what’s okay to post and what’s not. It’s not that difficult to understand.

Reactions: NJPSU
Come you know what’s okay to post and what’s not. It’s not that difficult to understand.
I was merely asking for potential topics that would be interesting to discuss in the offseason. This is only triggers those who cannot control their dislike of others who hold different points of view. We all know who those posters are and why they cannot participate like rational adults in this conversation. Do you have some ideas to contribute or are you only wanting to attack others?

Reactions: Ski

Travel threads asking for advice always got lots of responses and good recommendations. I based trips to San Diego and Seattle on recommendations from posters.

Season is over. Olympic trials are over. Not a ton of stuff to talk about till the Last Chance Qualifier and Olympics.

Probably some rumor mill stuff about transfers, weight changes, is Carter coming back for No 5, commits. Maybe a few summer tournaments for high schoolers.
Even with that, there's still more new info on the Wrestling Board than on the football boards. Hopefully, we'll have some new football commitments after a bunch of visits in early June.

Who has hurt you? You don't have to try to drag everyone around you down. Are you that miserable? Thank God we only have to experience you in a virtual community and we can put you on ignore if we chose. It must be grating to those around you in real life.

Everybody.

Spend more time abiding by board rules and spend less time trying to rationalize your inability to do so.

You want to spice up the board? Maybe try Persona #57, as this one quickly became stale with its mindlessness and repetition. You should have left on the "high" note of your "goodbye, cruel world" outro post(s) when you were Online Persona.

LOL.... @NJPSU fluffed you............... So typical

And Tom's threads about "nothing" (minor other PSU sports) get updated by him continuously so that any real PSU football topic thread gets pushed to the bottom or off the first page. They need an "other topics" sub-board for all that $hit and then let individual PSU topics spread out. But that's against their mods priorities. So I just don't go there. The upside is that the majority of the name callers, verbal fight instigators, and just plain rude posters followed Tom over there which has made the more limited discussions here more civil....
The "updates" are nothing more than links to tweets. For example I follow the men's volleyball thread and you can count the number of actual posts in there on one hand, the rest are all Tweets. If I want to read Twitter, I browse to Twitter.

Reactions: dailybuck777
The off sesson contributes to the staleness you describe. As mentioned, one gap in content is recruiting. There is nothing posted. We get a few updates but no real discussion.

Here is one topic....Why do we have trouble recruiting the D-Line? This year seems to be particularly weak. Do we have the right D-Line coach

Here"s another one....Can Franklin finally won a big road game when we go to LA to play U$C?

Another topic...
How will we utilize Quinton Martin this year?

I like PSU hoops but it seems only a small minority on this board really care about it. It would be interesting to have a discussion on the recent BB portal additions and how they will make us better or not.

Another broader thread could be what will it take for PSU hoops to become a consistent Dance participant or will that never happen.

I like the OT about the stock market/economy but that inevitably turns into a political mud fight.

The off sesson contributes to the staleness you describe. As mentioned, one gap in content is recruiting. There is nothing posted. We get a few updates but no real discussion.

Here is one topic....Why do we have trouble recruiting the D-Line? This year seems to be particularly weak. Do we have the right D-Line coach

Here"s another one....Can Franklin finally won a big road game when we go to LA to play U$C?

Another topic...
How will we utilize Quinton Martin this year?

I like PSU hoops but it seems only a small minority on this board really care about it. It would be interesting to have a discussion on the recent BB portal additions and how they will make us better or not.

Another broader thread could be what will it take for PSU hoops to become a consistent Dance participant or will that never happen.

I like the OT about the stock market/economy but that inevitably turns into a political mud fight.
You should start those topics. All are good ideas for discussion. Maybe not all at once that they are competing against one another, but maybe a couple per week. I'd love to participate in those topics.

Reactions: Parkland Fan

Since the board is slow, maybe you can tell us the story of how you were scammed by an honors program at Penn State 🤣

If I recall, they took your money. You then bragged on the forum about being a member. They were then thrown off the Penn State campus 🤣 🤣 🤣

Did you try taking the batteries out and putting them back in?

Speaking of your screen name, whatever happened to Phil Grosz? I listened regularly on Saturday's with Jed Donahue. Donahue went full Clown when the AM radio station he broadcast from wanted a monthly subscription to listen in. Aren't these people aware of something called the InterWebs and the free content available?

I'm one of those weirdo Penn State fans who never hated Pitt. I mean, why? They had a great 7-year run with Cavanaugh and Marino slinging the rock and in that period played some memorable games against us...but other than that they've never remotely been a threat or a factor.

Hell, I even rooted hard for them when they played southern teams in a couple major bowls during that stretch of the mid-70's to early 80's..

I would have loved for the old-time in-state rivalry that we totally dominated to have continued. For a few years it was a rivalry game on par with Alabama-Auburn, Texas-Oklahoma, and so forth. That was a good thing for Pennsylvania football, which has since fallen a long way down from the glory days.
😮

I'm one of those weirdo Penn State fans who never hated Pitt. I mean, why? They had a great 7-year run with Cavanaugh and Marino slinging the rock and in that period played some memorable games against us...but other than that they've never remotely been a threat or a factor.

Hell, I even rooted hard for them when they played southern teams in a couple major bowls during that stretch of the mid-70's to early 80's..

I would have loved for the old-time in-state rivalry that we totally dominated to have continued. For a few years it was a rivalry game on par with Alabama-Auburn, Texas-Oklahoma, and so forth. That was a good thing for Pennsylvania football, which has since fallen a long way down from the glory days.
I used to be a semi pit fan as well until the Sandusky fiasco. The majority of Pit fans were extremely ignorant and irrational and turned me against any positive feelings I had for Pit. The final nail in the coffin was when they made Penn State fans buy season tickets in order to get tickets to the last PSU/PIT games at Pittsburgh.

I used to be a semi pit fan as well until the Sandusky fiasco. The majority of Pit fans were extremely ignorant and irrational and turned me against any positive feelings I had for Pit. The final nail in the coffin was when they made Penn State fans buy season tickets in order to get tickets to the last PSU/PIT games at Pittsburgh.

The only time I actively rooted for Pitt was a few times during their glory run of the mid-70s to early 80s when they played southern teams in major bowls. That's because I've always been anti-SEC and couldn't stand the SWC either when that conference existed.

Other than that, I never cared much about Pitt except to root against them when they played Penn State.

But that's my point. We were generally so far above them in football class for so many decades that they weren't worth hating. The fact they may have hated us so much speaks to this disparity of standing between the programs. That said, I still regretted when the annual rivalry, such as it was, came to an end.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT