ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - Suriano article

thanks for posting....not sure I've seen a high school kid that is physically ripped like Suriano. Of course, there aren't many that are as driven and hard-working as he is.

Really look forward to seeing him on the mat; I'm guessing there will be very little drop-off at all for PSU at 125

Thank you for posting this. It's hard to believe anyone will out-work him. His advantage is his mind which allows him to rise above physical discomfort to a greater degree than all but a very few.

I have a friend who took some of the kids on his team to a club practice in North Jersey last fall. Suriano was at the practice too. When my friend and his wrestlers went to leave after a punishing 2 1/2 or 3 hours of wrestling, they saw Nick in the parking lot with his feet up on the curb banging out a few dozen push ups.

Thank you for posting this. It's hard to believe anyone will out-work him. His advantage is his mind which allows him to rise above physical discomfort to a greater degree than all but a very few.
No problem - saw it on FOS and had to share with my fellow knuckleheads on here.

This kid is so good. Four state championships and unbeaten in a 1-class state as good as NJ is amazing.

I think the top of our lineup is in good hands. Him and Nico are going to have some wars when Nico takes a break from NLWC practices

http://www.si.com/edge/2016/04/18/nick-suriano-wrestling-mike-nunziato-training
“They’re getting the best guys, they’re getting the guys that are not the best and they’re making them the best,” Suriano said. “They’re making them champs and that’s what I want to be a part of. They’re national champs, they’re D-I All-Americans, so I’m going in to a lion’s den and that’s what I want.

“This is what I am, a warrior.”

“They’re getting the best guys, they’re getting the guys that are not the best and they’re making them the best,” Suriano said. “They’re making them champs and that’s what I want to be a part of. They’re national champs, they’re D-I All-Americans, so I’m going in to a lion’s den and that’s what I want.

“This is what I am, a warrior.”

That's not the least of it - he's gaining Spyker as a post-practice confidant. ;)

Reactions: lionlover
.... and Creedo is so bummed he's isn't going to Rutgers :)
Hold on, Creedo is thinking Penn State and then a transfer to Rutgers. It was very obvious, you guys should have been able to read between the lines, from that interview, that he's ultimately heading to Rutgers. If that interview is not a ringing, although veiled endorsement of Rutgers, I don't know what one is.;)

Last edited:
I think the top of our lineup is in good hands. Him and Nico are going to have some wars when Nico takes a break from NLWC practices

http://www.si.com/edge/2016/04/18/nick-suriano-wrestling-mike-nunziato-training
Suriano for a year at 125. Then we should have Spencer coming in at 125 !!!! Those 2 guys at 125 and 133 will be winning a lot of individual titles and team Titles as well !!!! Nico, Gomez, Molinaro and the list goes on of the great partners. WOW !!!!

Suriano will slide in nicely and should achieve AA status. I wish we had someone in place as a solid stop-gap to allow him to redshirt though. Then again, he could go the Nico route...

Reactions: AgSurfer
Wow - go watch Enter the Dragon. Suriano is built like Bruce Lee! He looks like he's at about the 3-5% body fat level in that photo at the bottom of the page. Is 125 still within his range?

Wow - go watch Enter the Dragon. Suriano is built like Bruce Lee! He looks like he's at about the 3-5% body fat level in that photo at the bottom of the page. Is 125 still within his range?
Like Nato, he is going to be a very strong 125 pounder.

Kid has tremendous discipline so if 125 is physically possible, he will be there. He is shredded so not much to cut if he grows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT