ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Freiermuth announces he's returning

I hope Franklin and Company can keep some more of these guys from moving on. Whether that be the draft or the dreaded portal... Keep this team together as much as possible and next season could truly be special...

Hell ya!!! That is HUGE!!

I would say Hamler needs another year. His hands are way below average. If learns to catch the ball well he can be a 2nd rounder

I can't believe he's sticking around when he doesn't know who his head coach will be next year! AGH!

Utah te is pretty good. Just ran jet sweep with him. Can that get in the playbook?

I read all week Freiermuth is leaving.
I read all day Franklin is leaving.
Who the heck can I believe on this board???

That's fantastic - let's see what hamler does, but I suspect he's gone
Wouldn't be surprised if he were to decide to play one more season with his buddy Clifford. Especially if it appears the team could be in the hunt for a National Title. Injury-related-loss-of-value insurance contracts are always available to provide some financial protection against loss of NFL Draft position, not to mention the lifetime financial benefits of earning a bona fide academic degree.

But surely you don’t believe it makes the slightest bit of difference to the player? These posts are annoying but irrelevant as far as the player is concerned.
If every post on a message board had to have relevance to the players, message boards would not exist.

Great news! Let the (totally valid) best TE in the country hype begin for next year.

Maybe. But if I put myself in his position, I think it’s in his best interest to go, so long as he graduates. There were a lot of close calls on injuries, especially the Iowa game.

Well, number one, on kickoffs, he can start to fair catch the ball if it's within 10 yards of the goal line or down the ball in the end zone if he doesn't want to get hurt. That would save us from pi$$ poor field position to start off half of our drives.

I can't believe any NFL team would take him in the first 3 rounds at his size. He would be nuts to come out this year. Maybe you had a better view on TV, but that deep ball he dropped looked like it was VERY much catchable. At least from our angle.

That being said, if him and Pat came back, that would be GARGANTUAN!!!!!! Right now, they, and to a lesser degree Dotson, seem to be the only guys that are somewhat dependable in the passing game. Pat is not only dependable, but a literal life saver for this team. Him coming back next year is absolutely FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!! : ^ )

I admit I was wrong and thought he would go. This tells me he was probably advised he would go in the second round and be in the top three TEs drafted. With his recent declaration, he was in the top three, but not a conscientious number one. He decided he wants to be the top TE drafted,win the Mackey Award, and work his way into the first round in the 2021 draft.

If he achieves that goal, he could be looking at doubling the value of his rookie contract. He's probably also confident that PSU is going to have a great 2020 season.

I am very happy Pat is coming back and his existence alone increases the potential of a playoff run. I am also hoping someone purchases him insurance to protect against injury harming his draft status. He seems like a great kid with the potential to become the next Gronk.

I am very happy Pat is coming back and his existence alone increases the potential of a playoff run. I am also hoping someone purchases him insurance to protect against injury harming his draft status. He seems like a great kid with the potential to become the next Gronk.

PSU is allowed to purchase a policy for players like Friermuth . Families and players can also purchase it. Players can use the Student Assistance Funds to purchase it. Costs about $10K for every million.

C'mon, Tom. How many TE's would go higher than Pat if he went pro? Not many. He could make some money if he wanted to come out this year.
Maybe he was advised otherwise...he didn’t even get selected in the final 8 for the Mackey award so maybe not everyone in the country knows him quite as well as we do.

PSU is allowed to purchase a policy for players like Friermuth . Families and players can also purchase it. Players can use the Student Assistance Funds to purchase it. Costs about $10K for every million.
Thanks, I have wondered how much that insurance costs. It is definitely pricy but still well worth it for a guy like Pat that will have so much worth in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT