ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Courtney Smith clarifies the 2015 investigation

You certainly created your own narrative which seems like pure fiction to support a liar.

Aren't you creating your own narrative to vilify him...just like people did with Joe
I really hope you supported those people attacking him

Again, what does this have to do with an employer? Does WalMart have to fire everyone accused of any domestic crime? Seriously, if anyone ever accused of something is unemployable we're all in trouble. How are we going to support them all?
I was referring to him being dangerous. Do not change the narrative!

I was referring to him being dangerous. Do not change the narrative!

You changed it. At the time he was only dangerous to Courtney...if Courtney is being truthful. You created a scenario in which he is somehow a danger to future non-existent wife/girlfriend.

Again, what does this have to do with an employer? Does WalMart have to fire everyone accused of any domestic crime? Seriously, if anyone ever accused of something is unemployable we're all in trouble. How are we going to support them all?
Dude, that's not helping your cause.

You changed it. At the time he was only dangerous to Courtney...if Courtney is being truthful. You created a scenario in which he is somehow a danger to future non-existent wife/girlfriend.

You just couldn't help yourself throwing in an "IF" into the equation for Courtney.
You seem certain of everyone elses actions and motivations and you add an "IF" to Courtney.

good man.

Reactions: acg116
How did he go "way out of his way"? He kept him on the staff because he added value (great value) as a recruiter. If he couldn't recruit he wouldn't have been retained...like any job. You don't have to be a saint to have a job.

Let's say she loved her husband and wanted to give him a chance--why is that Urban's fault?

Why is her being afraid of Zach (possibly) Urban's fault?

You know why this all pisses me off--this is the same BS that we heard about Paterno. Moral obligation, blah, blah, blah. We aren't the morality police

He allowed an awful lot of misbehavior before canning him. Was it because he was a great recruiter or because he was Earl Bruce’s grandson?
Nobody is saying you have to be a saint. But being a morally inept human being is not usually a way to keep a job.
Where did I say or imply her being afraid of Zach is Urban’s fault?
I think you are fighting a war on many fronts and may be confused with who you are battling. I’m not talking about Urban’s moral obligation.

Actually, what is happening here is those that want to see Meyer and Ohio State punished aren't using critical thought--that would be you. No one wants to blame Courtney but she made the decision. She focused on financially stability over her safety (assuming she even was abused). She's not the first and won't be the last. That's not on Urban or anyone else. That's on her. Sorry that you need to make excuses for her. She's always been about the money--we see that daily
She was abused....according to Zach Smith’s one words. And why do you spend so much time and energy defending Meyer if you truly are a PSU fan?

Reactions: chrisrn1965
Critical thinking isn't comprehending that Courtney Smith valued financial gains over supposed safety? I think that's critical thinking at its finest. The issue is you aren't getting past what Florida/Ohio State have done to see what Courtney did. Do you really think Urban cared that much about a GA? Smith wasn't even a coach in 2009...now in 2015 that's a different discussion but we're talking about a grad assistant. Hardly vital to the program
He’s never been vital to the program...Urban protected him because of his grandfather and that’s it. It had jack to do with his “recruiting” ability....it was a personal favor for his second father.

Everyone in life has ulterior motives. I never said it was for her good. I said, he educated her on what would happen (which he provided factual information) and she made a decision. Courtney could have pressed charges after but she valued money over everything else which is true for a lot of people

Urban would sell anyone he had to for the betterment of his name and program so, no, I don't think he cared about the GA

You don't know that "she valued money over everything else", you are making that up like everything else you make up here, Schlicter!!!!! Perhaps, Defries told her that if she didn't drop charges, she would have a "late night" meeting with Aaron Hernandez???? See, my explanation for CS dropping charges makes as much sense as yours given the history of the past 10 years or so!!!

You just couldn't help yourself throwing in an "IF" into the equation for Courtney.
You seem certain of everyone elses actions and motivations and you add an "IF" to Courtney.

good man.

I don't believe anyone in this situation

She was abused....according to Zach Smith’s one words. And why do you spend so much time and energy defending Meyer if you truly are a PSU fan?

you're taking "I know" as an admission of guilt in a text--not an admission of guilt by any stretch of the imagination
I'm going to argue anything that I think people are being ridiculous about and this is the main example right now

I don't believe anyone in this situation

So you don't believe the victim. But you also don't believe the abuser who in his own words, said he did what he did.
You don't believe her pictures or close family members.

You believe in the integrity of Urban Meyer and Ohio State.

Got ya.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
So you don't believe the victim. But you also don't believe the abuser who in his own words, said he did what he did.
You don't believe her pictures or close family members.

You believe in the integrity of Urban Meyer and Ohio State.

Got ya.

The victim isn't credible. Her mom didn't believe her either. I don't believe Urban or Ohio State. Again, don't believe anyone

The victim isn't credible. Her mom didn't believe her either. I don't believe Urban or Ohio State. Again, don't believe anyone

If you had actually read anything about this, you would have seen that her mom had submitted texts as evidence.
Years later she recanted and said it was a lie. But she forgot that her texts were evidence, so SHE not courtney was proven a liar.

so if you don't believe anyone or anything. Why even bother posting on here and telling everyone they are wrong?

If you had actually read anything about this, you would have seen that her mom had submitted texts as evidence.
Years later she recanted and said it was a lie. But she forgot that her texts were evidence, so SHE not courtney was proven a liar.

so if you don't believe anyone or anything. Why even bother posting on here and telling everyone they are wrong?

Her mom knows exactly what Courtney is doing here....
Because you guys seem to only believe one side so there's a discussion
I'm not saying people are necessarily wrong (some are) but they're definitely being hypocrites.

I'm not saying people are necessarily wrong (some are) but they're definitely being hypocrites.

Ahh got it, you believe her mom and you think that Courtney is a liar.

Seems strange you would decide you want to believe her mom. Wonder why

Especially considering she sent these texts to Zach.
39053385_2059419897415397_5427622426190020608_o.jpg

38949104_2059419500748770_1689062985131098112_o.jpg

39002403_2059418164082237_2115097356910198784_o.jpg

Aren't you creating your own narrative to vilify him...just like people did with Joe
I really hope you supported those people attacking him
I didn’t create any narrative - Urban is a liar, that is not in question.

I believe that most people see through Courtney including her mom...most people not here

Did you read the texts FROM Courtney's mom at the time of the incident?
You know, the ones that were actually submitted as evidence?

I can't believe you are victimizing a battered wife

I believe that most people see through Courtney including her mom...most people not here

So in summary.

Zach was cheating on his wife.
Zach was drinking and driving
Zach was going to strip clubs
Zach was filming himself cheating at work
Zach was taking naked pictures of himself at the white house
Zach admitted he pushed her

Courtney said he hit her.
Courtney provided photos

Courtney's mom provided text evidence to the police

You think courtney is a liar.

Do I have that right?

It’s not that he should be unemployable across the board, but just not in a position to be directing young adults. Teachers and coaches are generally held to a higher moral bar than other professions. Regardless, most employees that have sex on company property with subordinates, even if not direct reports, will be terminated even at Walmart. Outside of the domestic violence issues, the dude had a bunch of work related offenses that were fireable.

Did you read the texts FROM Courtney's mom at the time of the incident?
You know, the ones that were actually submitted as evidence?

I can't believe you are victimizing a battered wife

Alleged...when Zach is convicted you let me know

It’s not that he should be unemployable across the board, but just not in a position to be directing young adults. Teachers and coaches are generally held to a higher moral bar than other professions. Regardless, most employees that have sex on company property with subordinates, even if not direct reports, will be terminated even at Walmart. Outside of the domestic violence issues, the dude had a bunch of work related offenses that were fireable.

Coaches should be hired based upon their ability to coach and recruit. The moral card only comes into play if it hinders them in that regard. I don't have an issue with him being fired given everything that occurred (proven or allegedly) but I understand why he was still employed at the same time.

I think the biggest point we disagree on is coaches being held to higher moral bar...I don't see coaches as role models.

You've never once told a lie in your life?

Yes, I have lied. Its been many, many years since I last lied. Not proud of it. You say everyone lies, not everyone has lied. You make it sound like its a common everyday occurrence for people to lie.

If you said, "everyone has lied", that is different. If you are an adult and lie, you have issues.

Let's look at this another way - Let's assume OSU was coached by someone other than Urban Meyer. He was a decent guy, but had a .500 winning percentage. Everything else that has transpired is exactly the same. Would that coach be coaching at OSU right now? If not, why not. If so, why? And you can't use winning as a reason.

Yes, I have lied. Its been many, many years since I last lied. Not proud of it. You say everyone lies, not everyone has lied. You make it sound like its a common everyday occurrence for people to lie.

If you said, "everyone has lied", that is different.

Yes, it is a common, every day occurrence...most times it harmless white lies but they're still lies. I think you lied when you just said it's been many, many years since you have. You never tell anyone you're busy when you're not, or your wife she looks good in something when she doesn't. Without lying society would collapse.

Let's look at this another way - Let's assume OSU was coached by someone other than Urban Meyer. He was a decent guy, but had a .500 winning percentage. Everything else that has transpired is exactly the same. Would that coach be coaching at OSU right now? If not, why not. If so, why? And you can't use winning as a reason.

Why can't I use winning as the reason? That is the reason. Ohio State believes keeping Urban is worth the headache because of his coaching ability. Same reason any company keeps any employee. Risk vs reward.

Zach acknowledges the situation was volatile, but that any injuries were just due to him trying to exit the situation. Never because he fought back or initiated. Yet his texts don’t attempt to refute her accusations of choking him. She might be crazy and she might have abused him but it’s a real tough sell to believe that a guy with alcohol/drug problems that cheats on his wife, misuses his company credit cards, and lies to his employer about skipping job duties is believable.

Reactions: demlion
Yes, it is a common, every day occurrence...most times it harmless white lies but they're still lies. I think you lied when you just said it's been many, many years since you have. You never tell anyone you're busy when you're not, or your wife she looks good in something when she doesn't. Without lying society would collapse.

Yes indeed. Lying is the fabric that is holding society together.

Reactions: ouirpsu
Bullshit! Ever spend time with someone with Autism? Ever live with one, or two, people with Autism for 20 years? Ever spend a weekend at a conference with 200 adults with ASD? Adults with autism rarely, if ever, lie and it's a pleasure to spend time in their world without any of the games we neurotypicals play. Not only would society not collapse, but the world would be a much better place without lying.

More holier than thou BS...
Honestly making my day that people are claiming they haven't told a single lie in many, many, many years

You certainly come off as one that not only lies, but is strong in the belief that it is important to do so. That is an odd stance to take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT