ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Courtney Smith clarifies the 2015 investigation

78SweetRevenge

Jan 8, 2017
Odd I don't see this anywhere

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nt-zach-smith-clarifies-details-police-report

I know it doesn't help what most here want everyone to believe but, if anything, Urban's smiling this morning

First time Urban was thrilled
According to the Dispatch, the 2015 police report said that Courtney Smith told police that Ohio State sent a lawyer to her home after a previous incident in hopes of "convincing her to drop the charge because it would embarrass OSU if she proceeded with the prosecution." Smith said she doesn't remember telling police about any such conversation.

"No way. I would have never said that," she said Wednesday night

Second time Urban was thrilled
Courtney Smith said she did tell police that she dropped charges against Zach Smith in 2009 when the couple lived together in Florida. Zach Smith had worked as a graduate assistant for the Florida Gators under Urban Meyer. She said that she was approached in 2009 by a Florida football staff member, Hiram deFries, who told her that pursuing charges would damage Zach Smith's career. Courtney Smith's encounter with deFries has been previously reported. DeFries, who is now employed with Ohio State's football program, was formerly an attorney.

You didn’t see it because you were too busy posting a new thread you missed it in other threads Ozone-Man

You are a one man Buckeye Rapid Reaction Email Force

tenor.gif

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nt-zach-smith-clarifies-details-police-report

I know it doesn't help what most here want everyone to believe but, if anything, Urban's smiling this morning

According to the Dispatch, the 2015 police report said that Courtney Smith told police that Ohio State sent a lawyer to her home after a previous incident in hopes of "convincing her to drop the charge because it would embarrass OSU if she proceeded with the prosecution." Smith said she doesn't remember telling police about any such conversation.

Courtney Smith said she did tell police that she dropped charges against Zach Smith in 2009 when the couple lived together in Florida. Zach Smith had worked as a graduate assistant for the Florida Gators under Urban Meyer. She said that she was approached in 2009 by a Florida football staff member, Hiram deFries, who told her that pursuing charges would damage Zach Smith's career. Courtney Smith's encounter with deFries has been previously reported. DeFries, who is now employed with Ohio State's football program, was formerly an attorney.
all of that is immaterial, IMHO. there were a dozen reasons to fire Zack Smith, and if tOSU sent someone to talk her out of filing charges is only one. You may be able to bat down one or two, but the rest will stand and have been affirmed by the University's report.

all of that is immaterial, IMHO. there were a dozen reasons to fire Zack Smith, and if tOSU sent someone to talk her out of filing charges is only one. You may be able to bat down one or two, but the rest will stand and have been affirmed by the University's report.

All I'm saying is Urban is very happy right now...that helps his stance and Ohio State's decision to keep him. When the alleged victim says things the public pays attention to that over any report IMO

If Meyer can make the case that Zach Smith was fired for an accumulated history of bad behavior the same can be said for him not taking steps each time those incidents occurred.

Regardless, it's a virtual certainty that the endowment that funds the head coach's compensation isn't growing any time soon. Meyer may or may not be smiling about that, but you can be sure that (Gene) Smith and Drake aren't.

Reactions: ImaWright
All I'm saying is Urban is very happy right now...that helps his stance and Ohio State's decision to keep him. When the alleged victim says things the public pays attention to that over any report IMO
It helps his stance that he sent a fixer to talk her out of charges in 09? Or it helps his stance that the cops thought he sent one in 15, but she denies it?

If he were not a sociopath, his stance would be cringing in shame. Same for you.

I imagine that Meyers isn't particularly happy in the realization that his bulletproof shield is only good for one use.

It helps his stance that he sent a fixer to talk her out of charges in 09? Or it helps his stance that the cops thought he sent one in 15, but she denies it?

If he were not a sociopath, his stance would be cringing in shame. Same for you.

Assuming he sent the staffer (who is an attorney) to accurately advise her that it would hurt Smith's career (which again is a fact) it absolutely helps him. She made a choice to put her husband's career first as that also benefitted her life.

These comments were great for Urban--you just made up your mind on things before anything was actually determined (much like many did with Paterno) so you ignore what is actually happening here. This story is fading--sorry

Assuming he sent the staffer (who is an attorney) to accurately advise her that it would hurt Smith's career (which again is a fact) it absolutely helps him. She made a choice to put her husband's career first as that also benefitted her life.

These comments were great for Urban--you just made up your mind on things before anything was actually determined (much like many did with Paterno) so you ignore what is actually happening here. This story is fading--sorry
It does nothing but ensure more abuse and hide the problem. That you think this is ok is what makes you a sociopath.

giphy.gif

Urban is happy? That is what you took from that crack boy?
OSU is happy, as is their president, however, Urban is not happy

Just my .02 but I think her statement actually enhances her credibility. In essence ESPN made a factual error in a story (imagine that), the error created a bad look for OSU, but instead of letting it out there she said no, that's not correct. I say good for her. But I think even the most fervent Scarlet and Gray zealots have given up on pushing the narrative that somehow Courtney Smith is a villain who was never abused. Going down that road will only hurt OSU, Urban and anyone else who appears to be a part of pushing that narrative. She may not be a saint, but she is not the one who is causing problems for OSU.

It does nothing but ensure more abuse and hide the problem. That you think this is ok is what makes you a sociopath.

So, explaining to someone that if she moves forward with charges it will negatively impact her husband's career is hiding a problem instead of simply being honest. Courtney valued money over her well-being--assuming there was any abuse.

and what does stooping to name-calling when you disagree with someone make one?

So, explaining to someone that if she moves forward with charges it will negatively impact her husband's career is hiding a problem instead of simply being honest. Courtney valued money over her well-being--assuming there was any abuse.
Interfering in a criminal case to protect your organization is always wrong. Keeping a dangerous nut like Zach Smith on your staff is always wrong...and stupid.

You didn’t see it because you were too busy posting a new thread you missed it in other threads Ozone-Man

You are a one man Buckeye Rapid Reaction Email Force

tenor.gif

We disagree--Urban's probably read that today about a thousand times smiling ear to ear

Smiling ear to ear? So you think it looks good that Meyer had his fixer deFries, an employee of UF at the time meet with CS and persuade her to drop charges on ZS in 2009??

In this case--you're someone without an argument. This is the same nonsense as when you said last time you didn't start the personal attacks--you do, you just dismiss it as the truth

At which point, do you ask yourself. "why do I spend hours a day on a website filled with people who don't like me, and who I annoy"
There is literally nobody on here that values your opinion on anything. So why bother being here? Why not just stick to the buckeye board?

Interfering in a criminal case to protect your organization is always wrong. Keeping a dangerous nut like Zach Smith on your staff is always wrong...and stupid.

It's not interfering at all--that's where we differ. Who says he was dangerous to anyone? Especially anyone other than his wife

Because he was involved with a cover-up at UF?

There's no cover up--that's what you're not getting. I think it's hysterical people here see that as a cover up. Using this logic I understand why so many people outside our fan base hate Paterno--they see what they want to see

Smiling ear to ear? So you think it looks good that Meyer had his fixer deFries, an employee of UF at the time meet with CS and persuade her to drop charges on ZS in 2009??

deFries simply provided information so Courtney could make an informed decision. Courtney valued money over charging her husband with crimes he may or may not have committed. Who says he persuaded her...those aren't her words

There's no cover up--that's what you're not getting. I think it's hysterical people here see that as a cover up. Using this logic I understand why so many people outside our fan base hate Paterno--they see what they want to see

"our fanbase" haha yeah.

So a lawyer from UF and Urban Meyer's "fixer" go to talk someone out of pressing charges and it isn't a cover up? This is a many who's athletes murdered people under his watch, who shot people, who were involved in some very bad things. Who most likely cheated on his wife with a student. Who allowed a horrible human being, to follow him around for years. But yeah, it is just fantastical to suggest he tried to cover this up.

deFries simply provided information so Courtney could make an informed decision. Courtney valued money over charging her husband with crimes he may or may not have committed. Who says he persuaded her...those aren't her words

"The report states that in 2009, Zach Smith was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery of his then-pregnant wife. Courtney Smith says Hiram deFries—Meyer's "life coach"—and former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce (Zach Smith's grandfather) talked her into not pressing charges."

Urban isn’t happy or even cracking a smile about any of this mess. His reputation is destroyed beyond repair. And his life as a coach will be very uncomfortable for the foreseeable future. I doubt he lasts out his contract.

"our fanbase" haha yeah.

So a lawyer from UF and Urban Meyer's "fixer" go to talk someone out of pressing charges and it isn't a cover up? This is a many who's athletes murdered people under his watch, who shot people, who were involved in some very bad things. Who most likely cheated on his wife with a student. Who allowed a horrible human being, to follow him around for years. But yeah, it is just fantastical to suggest he tried to cover this up.

Telling someone what the ramifications would be isn't talking them out of something...it's educating them.

Now Urban's responsible for Aaron Hernandez...gotcha

Urban's not required to have choir boys as his coaches...his job is to put together the best possible staff to win games--you may not like that in college football but this is big business--accept that

In what world does an employer send a lawyer to talk to the wife of one of their employees out of pressing charges.
Do you not realize how absolutely bizarre that is?

I assume you have broken the law once or twice 78. Could you imagine your employer sending a lawyer to talk your victim out of pressing charges?

But you don't find that odd at all? You are a troll, or just incredibly stupid. (most likely both)

Reactions: chrisrn1965

I just assume they’re all lying. And there is nothing wrong with that, right?

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
"The report states that in 2009, Zach Smith was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery of his then-pregnant wife. Courtney Smith says Hiram deFries—Meyer's "life coach"—and former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce (Zach Smith's grandfather) talked her into not pressing charges."

Now what Courtney actually said
"Courtney Smith said she did tell police that she dropped charges against Zach Smith in 2009 when the couple lived together in Florida. Zach Smith had worked as a graduate assistant for the Florida Gators under Urban Meyer. She said that she was approached in 2009 by a Florida football staff member, Hiram deFries, who told her that pursuing charges would damage Zach Smith's career. Courtney Smith's encounter with deFries has been previously reported. DeFries, who is now employed with Ohio State's football program, was formerly an attorney."

Telling someone what the ramifications would be isn't talking them out of something...it's educating them.

Now Urban's responsible for Aaron Hernandez...gotcha

Urban's not required to have choir boys as his coaches...his job is to put together the best possible staff to win games--you may not like that in college football but this is big business--accept that

It is bananas and it is intimidation. What employer does this?
It sounds like straight up organized crime behavior.

Urban isn’t happy or even cracking a smile about any of this mess. His reputation is destroyed beyond repair. And his life as a coach will be very uncomfortable for the foreseeable future. I doubt he lasts out his contract.

LOL--I'm not sure if this is you being naïve or just wishful thinking
Urban's ego won't allow him to believe for a second his reputation is damaged let alone destroyed. I think it's comical people actually believe this is going to hurt him as a recruiter which you're indicating.
Urban only walks away if his wife makes him (see Florida)...Ohio State isn't getting rid of him

Reactions: kijanalives
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT