ADVERTISEMENT

Should you happen to be in the Orlando area, be sure to visit...

My son and I are here for the week. We did an airboat ride on Tuesday at the mouth of Shingle Creek, lots of gators, some as big as 12-13 feet and 700-800 pounds, and other wildlife. We sat right next to the captain and my son got to step off in a shallow part in his bare feet!

Tomorrow we are swimming with manatees in Crystal River over by Tampa.

Last edited:
My son and I are here for the week. We did an airboat ride on Tuesday at the mouth of Shingle Creek, lots of gators, some as big as 12-13 feet and 700-800 pounds, and other wildlife. We sat right next to the captain and my son got to step off in a shallow part in his bare feet!

We did manatee swimming there. Manatees weren’t in the river, which sucked because the water is so clear, but it was still great. One grabbed me and did 3 barrel rolls. People were so peanut butter and jealous.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Crystal River is awesome! We’ve been wanting to rent a cabin on the river with some friends one weekend, but haven’t been able to yet.

Manatees serenely swimming under your kayak is a pretty surreal experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT