ADVERTISEMENT

Should our AD give our current WBB coach her walking papers?

Should our AD give our current WBB coach her walking papers? If so, who would replace her?

• Yes

Votes: 154 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • Still to early

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Should have never been hired in the first place

Votes: 21 10.1%

• Total voters
The "it" that Portland would not have in her locker room was intimidation of straight players by lesbian players. That was a common unspoken problem in WBB in those days, I have no idea whether it remains a problem today.

Over the length of her PSU career, nearly half of the players Portland recruited left her program without a degree; they either transferred out or were dismissed by Portland. She once pulled the scholarships of three players on the bus ride home from a bad early-round NCAA loss. Coaches should be able to decide who plays and who does not, who occupies a roster sport and who does not. But pulling a scholarship, with a kid's education at risk, should be vetted first with the AD. One wonders why she recruited so many players that didn't "fit," Jennifer Harris being just one example.

Her last two seasons were 13-16 and 15-16. She ran her program as if it was autonomous from the rest of the athletics department. She could definitely coach the game, but a bit like Bobby Knight, it was time, past time, for her to go.

Reactions: krichards
Just like anything from the Portland camp is automatically fair, balanced and truthful, with no agenda?
Please do not put words in my mouth. My rule of thumb is to recommend folks be at least half as skeptical of their own side at they are of the other side--and I try to follow that too. That is currently not the position of most political talk--on either side of the aisle.

But we are veering pretty close to test board topics at this point. Time to move on.

Her last two seasons were 13-16 and 15-16. She ran her program as if it was autonomous from the rest of the athletics department. She could definitely coach the game, but a bit like Bobby Knight, it was time, past time, for her to go.

And I think that's one reason they decided to go outside of the program for the new hire. But that was beginning to be the policy of the athletic department at that time. They'd realized they'd become far too insular. And at the time, I thought Washington was a good choice. But all coaches have sell by dates. She may be approaching hers.

And I think that's one reason they decided to go outside of the program for the new hire. But that was beginning to be the policy of the athletic department at that time. They'd realized they'd become far too insular. And at the time, I thought Washington was a good choice. But all coaches have sell by dates. She may be approaching hers.

She has 'passed' her sell-by date.

Her time has expired!!

20 point lost last night on BTN was embarrassing. the stats sheet tells you part of the problem. her offense is terrible it's a screen for jumpshot offense, guards took a combined 48 shots and 45 were jumpers forwards took a combined 12 shots, the team only had 6 assist on 61 shots. Mich had 21 assist on 69 shots. CW has has guards that do not make other players around them better, I mean your starting guards have a combined 2 assist in a 20 point blowout. this team won't get any better if it continues to play this way.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT