ADVERTISEMENT

Should Barkley come out and say he won't play for the Browns?? I think so!

marisa45

Feb 2, 2007
Hell Josh Rosen already did! I do not want to see this kid go to the place where talented college players go to die and are never heard of again. Let them draft a quarterback which would most likely put Saquon in New York where that megawatt smile would really pay off!!

Left to his own temperament he won't (he's too humble) but that's what agents are for.

Either his agent or the giants GM should float the idea. Just saying.

https://vergecampus.com/2018/01/teams-that-should-draft-saquon-barkley/

The Browns would be a great landing spot for him. And even if he didn't realize that fact, he'd never come out and speak negatively about an organization. He's not that type of guy.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
NO, and he already said referencing the Browns that would relish an opportunity to basically bring back the franchise. I just don't think the Browns take him for some reason anyway. They have to get a QB and defensive help, specifically in the secondary. I say whichever QB and Fitzpatrick at CB. Saquon lands in between to Giants or Colts or a team that trades up for him.

The Browns would be a great landing spot for him. And even if he didn't realize that fact, he'd never come out and speak negatively about an organization. He's not that type of guy.
I think in college you live the ideal and in the NFL you live for your career and your family's livelihood. It's a business. I've heard it said, these kids could affect several generations of their family with the right contract.

You can always blame the agent?? I understand Cleveland has a half decent offensive line but that franchise has just been run into the ground. Maybe the worst franchise in all of sports. It's not Saquon's responsibility to save anything.

Hell Josh Rosen already did! I do not want to see this kid go to the place where talented college players go to die and are never heard of again. Let them draft a quarterback which would most likely put Saquon in New York where that megawatt smile would really pay off!!

Left to his own temperament he won't (he's too humble) but that's what agents are for.

Either his agent or the giants GM should float the idea. Just saying.

https://vergecampus.com/2018/01/teams-that-should-draft-saquon-barkley/
In a word, No.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Have no idea what the Eagles have to do with what Saquon does or doesn't do.
Alright, alright, I may have gotten over my skis a little bit here. But for a Giants fan, the thought of watching this kid for another 10 years is too tempting, and the thought of the team where Courtney Brown went to die is just, well, yuck. Here's hoping they like a quarterback.

Alright, alright, I may have gotten over my skis a little bit here, but for a Giants fan, the thought of watching this kid for another 10 years is too tempting. And the thought of the team where Courtney Brown went to die is just, well, yuck. Here's hoping they like a quarterback.

Courtney Brown was done in by injuries, more so than anything the Browns did.

I hope his career starts off better than Ki Jana Carter's did.

Alright, alright, I may have gotten over my skis a little bit here. But for a Giants fan, the thought of watching this kid for another 10 years is too tempting, and the thought of the team where Courtney Brown went to die is just, well, yuck. Here's hoping they like a quarterback.
Sorry to say it, but I like the future of the Browns a lot more than the future of the Giants right now

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I could see Barkley being the type of guy that would go to Cleveland and expect to change things.

I have no problem with a guy refusing to play for a certain organization for whatever reason. See Elway & Eli. To have any control like that you have to be a special/generational player. Saquon could dictate that. Rosen can say whatever he wans. Unlike Eli & Elway he wouldn't sit out a year to force someone's hand. Rosen would sign with Cleveland. Eli would have sat out for a year. Elway would have played baseball for the Yanks. Saquon just wants to play so he won't have that kind of demand

Reactions: 10 Years After
First, Barkley is going to be a wealthy young man.

Second, don't look now but the Browns are (finally) putting together a pretty nice looking front office. John Dorsey, the guy that put together KC, just hired Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith.

Third, best to buy low and sell high. If Barkley comes to CLE and helps transform the Browns into a Superbowl team, he'll be immortalized in this city. NY? Chicago? LA? SFO? Just another good player on the way to one of the dozens of championships earned in those cities.

When it is all said and done, he'll be wealthy no matter. And as a wealthy guy, he'll have wanted to have left a legacy. I can' think of no greater legacy than to be the guy that made the Browns a superbowl team.

Obliviax, I agree with you about Barkley going to Cleveland. I would love to see him go there. Great opportunity to be the key cog to turn around a pretty embarrassing franchise.
However, if he were to go to any of the other cities you mention and perform the way we all expect him to and win a championship he would be a hell of a lot more than "another good player". He would be legendary.

Obliviax, I agree with you about Barkley going to Cleveland. I would love to see him go there. Great opportunity to be the key cog to turn around a pretty embarrassing franchise.
However, if he were to go to any of the other cities you mention and perform the way we all expect him to and win a championship he would be a hell of a lot more than "another good player". He would be legendary.
I don't disagree....but he'll be a legend in CLE
pIqeHTL.gif

No. That’s not Saquon’s style.

I hope he gets drafted by a franchise that values OL play (Giants or Colts)

Definitely a douche move. I'm hard on the browns but eventually they are going to stockpile enough talent to be good. this coming draft may be the one to finally get there. Hey, Houston just won the world series.

He didn't want to play for an owner who moved the team out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Irsay sucks!
Elway was a jerk. He may still be one. Putting yourself before the team in a team sport qualifies you.

He didn't want to play for an owner who moved the team out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Irsay sucks!

"The Colts finished 0–8–1 in the strike-shortened 1982 season, thereby earning the right to select Stanford quarterback John Elway with the first overall pick. Elway, however, refused to play for Baltimore, and using leverage as a draftee of the New York Yankees baseball club, forced a trade to Denver.[12] Behind an improved defense the team finished 7–9 in 1983, but that would be their last season in Baltimore."

Elway will always be referred to as a jerk and coward.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I expect Cleveland to contend for playoffs in two years. The team is lacking experience and a passing attack.
Once those blanks are filled in they become middle of the pack. Adding top players thru drafting and free agency will get them there.
I don’t know if they’ll be a championship contender but they will be better.
Saquon would be a great start.

"The Colts finished 0–8–1 in the strike-shortened 1982 season, thereby earning the right to select Stanford quarterback John Elway with the first overall pick. Elway, however, refused to play for Baltimore, and using leverage as a draftee of the New York Yankees baseball club, forced a trade to Denver.[12] Behind an improved defense the team finished 7–9 in 1983, but that would be their last season in Baltimore."

Elway will always be referred to as a jerk and coward.

LOL--a coward and a jerk. LMAO. He was an elite two star athlete that was able to leverage himself into a better spot. Denver wasn't elite. He didn't demand to be traded to a contender. He didn't want to play for Irsay or Frank Kush. Hard to argue either of those decision. Denver was coming off a 2-7 season--he turned them into a 9-7 team his first year. Baltimore improved to 7-9.

If anything Baltimore Colts fans should respect and agree with his decision given everything that transpired.

A coward--lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT