ADVERTISEMENT

Shirts are coming off

Junglekitty

Feb 15, 2018
I know people opened this thread hoping to see a gif, but not the case. Sorry fellas.

Looking to next year, this might be the most excited I am for a bunch of guys to make their debut (other than the 3 Ns, Nolf Nickal and Nevills)

Next year: ( some possible, some probable, some for sure, I’ll even throw some true frosh out )
Teske
Brooks
Beard
Nevills
Kirkleveit (sp)
Schultz
Sasso
Carr

I’m sure I’m missing a ton of talent. Of the names mentioned, or not mentioned, anyone think one of these, if not a few, will challenge for NC?

I know people opened this thread hoping to see a gif, but not the case. Sorry fellas.

Looking to next year, this might be the most excited I am for a bunch of guys to make their debut (other than the 3 Ns, Nolf Nickal and Nevills)

Next year: ( some possible, some probable, some for sure, I’ll even throw some true frosh out )
Teske
Brooks
Beard
Nevills
Kirkleveit (sp)
Schultz
Sasso
Carr

I’m sure I’m missing a ton of talent. Of the names mentioned, or not mentioned, anyone think one of these, if not a few, will challenge for NC?

You forgot Lucas Byrd.

Teske
Brooks
Beard
Nevills
Kirkleveit (sp)
Schultz
Sasso
Carr

I think Sasso and Carr have shots in clearer weight classes. I think Kirk may want to shirt and rehab, but what do I know. And Brooks/Beard if they don’t redshirt. Maybe also Lewan, if not for UMich’s seeming postseason curse at underperforming.

Reactions: tikk10
Schultz is very likely shirting, with Tanner Hall coming off shirt for his SR year.

Among true freshmen, Alirez might make the biggest splash this year if he starts.

Non-PSU RSFR not listed above: Wittlake, Hoffman, Camacho, Teemer, Hidlay.

Schultz is very likely shirting, with Tanner Hall coming off shirt for his SR year.

Among true freshmen, Alirez might make the biggest splash this year if he starts.

Non-PSU RSFR not listed above: Wittlake, Hoffman, Camacho, Teemer, Hidlay.
Alirez is the best guy nobody talks about. With that being said, most of his big wins are freestyle wins, so we may have to wait and see if he's an elite folkstyler. I think he beat Dean Heil and Bryce Meredith at the Schultz this year as a high schooler.

Reactions: CropDuster507
Brayton Lee at Minnesota will be pretty good at 149.

Cole Matthews will be pretty good at Pitt, probably 141.

Someone who knows a whole heck of a lot more than me, and has known him for his whole life told me he’s going to be the real deal.
He's a hammer. Had some nice wins. Was kind of outgunned a little at times against really good guys but he's a lot of fun to watch.

Pitt is gonna have a nice team, there's no reason they shouldn't be in the fold every year in the ACC. None. Gavin is doing well. Now they just need to turn the corner.

Alright! I can’t take it any more. Too many serious replies in a row. That will not stand!!

tenor.gif

Joey Melendez (UNC)
Jakob Camacho (NCST)

Seth Gross (Med. ???)
Joey Silva (MU)

Real Woods (STAN)

Sammy Sasso (tOSU)
Jacori Teemer (UM)

David Carr (ISU)

Shane Griffith (STAN)

Mike Kemerer (Med, IOWA)
Trent Hidlay (NCST)

Hunter Bolen (VT)
Gavin Hoffman (tOSU)

Ben Darmstadt (Med, CORN)
Tanner Sloan (SDST)

Anthony Cassioppi (IOWA)
Tanner Hall (ASU)

Anthony Valencia will be back for ASU. Not sure where he fits unless Zahid finally moves up to 184. With Maruca and Teemer at 149/157, I would not think that Shields would drop to 157.

Reactions: andegre
Also have Nelson Brands at 165, but not sure he will make the lineup with Young and Marinelli back

Anthony Valencia will be back for ASU. Not sure where he fits unless Zahid finally moves up to 184. With Maruca and Teemer at 149/157, I would not think that Shields would drop to 157.
Yes, there are others I could have added too. It's just one man's opinion, my list above consists of those I believe have a realistic shot at 2019-20 AA. Keep them coming, I'm sure there's more.

Alirez is the best guy nobody talks about. With that being said, most of his big wins are freestyle wins, so we may have to wait and see if he's an elite folkstyler. I think he beat Dean Heil and Bryce Meredith at the Schultz this year as a high schooler.

Not to mention Nick Lee at Junior WTT or Nationals....

Reactions: donboy6499
Not to mention Nick Lee at Junior WTT or Nationals....
That match is a great example of why he is somewhat of an unknown in folkstyle at this point too. Takedown to 4 laces in 30 seconds and it's over. He was previously beaten soundly that summer by Max Murin (8-1 I believe).

He has an elite head inside single that he can hit on just about anyone. Other than that, I'm not sure what he has in folkstyle. I'm going to guess that he's going to be incredible in college, though not a bonus machine like we've seen from the most recent top guys. I haven't seen that big move/pinning potential yet. I could see him having a Yianni-like style where he doesn't blow out top 10 guys, but is in control the whole way. Cenzo and Mark fit that mold too.

The other unknown is what weight he'll go. He wrestled 152 this year, but didn't cut at all. I think he's a 141 right now, but he could be a kid that doesn't like to cut and go 149. I really hope he pans out because that would be great for Northern Colorado and Nickerson.

That match is a great example of why he is somewhat of an unknown in folkstyle at this point too. Takedown to 4 laces in 30 seconds and it's over. He was previously beaten soundly that summer by Max Murin (8-1 I believe).

That's the reason I like folkstyle more than freestyle. I know I am probably in the minority there, but a 10-0 score in 30 seconds off one move.... no thanks!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT