ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Semi OT: Kanye Clary headed to Miss State

Both him and his dad went into Rhoades office middle of the year demanding more NIL, as he didn't feel he was compensated enough.
That’s crazy as it doesn’t work that way. At least not to my understanding.

Coaches aren’t even allowed to get involved in NIL discussions…. right? Isn’t NIL is supposed to separate from the school?

I had also heard they were complaining during games he should be getting more playing time.

A real headcase. Hope he learns from this and matures.

Reactions: psu1969a
Maybe he'll mature as a person and teammate at Miss St., but I'm glad he's gone if the reports are true. Coach Rhodes doen't need to try and build his program with these types of distractions during the season. Or during the off season for that matter. It's tough enough to get a team prepared and focused on playing the way a coach wants his players to play. Great that Rhoades put an end to it when he did.

It's not exactly something that you'll see a press release broadcasting...but that's the word.
I'm not defending Clary but I bet that happens a lot these days.

I also wonder how much NIL money PSU has to attract basketball players. I read an article that had OSU ranked near the top at $20 million and PSU was 12th at $12 million. It must be difficult to decide how much to allocate to each sport

Thank you Richie O'Leary formerly known as Richie schnyderite. ?????

That’s crazy as it doesn’t work that way. At least not to my understanding.

Coaches aren’t even allowed to get involved in NIL discussions…. right? Isn’t NIL is supposed to separate from the school?

I had also heard they were complaining during games he should be getting more playing time.

A real headcase. Hope he learns from this and matures.
Legal or not, if you think that's not what's happening at every major school across the country I've got some swamp land to sell you. College sports are a complete free for all right now and the players have all of the leverage. The NCAA needs drastic overhaul, and a collective bargaining agreement, and needs it yesterday.

Did the change occur in time for St. Patrick's Day? Welcome to the Irish American community.

Legal or not, if you think that's not what's happening at every major school across the country I've got some swamp land to sell you. College sports are a complete free for all right now and the players have all of the leverage. The NCAA needs drastic overhaul, and a collective bargaining agreement, and needs it yesterday.
Until they get cut like Clary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT