ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Title Game Thread

How far do people think Georgia is going to fall if they lose to #8 Bama by 3 in a CCG? You're all acting like they'll drop 5 spots or more.

They’re either going to be 5 or 6 depending what the committee does with UT and FSU.

Yes if FSU wins. If FSU wins, they’ll be 5 because Texas will pass them too, which they should.
What is this based on? History doesn't say that
Why should Georgia fall 5 spots for a 3 point loss--when does that ever happen let alone to Georgia?

Are you sure? When have we ever seen a team fall that far by using by 3 in a CCG game?

When have we seen a 1 loss conference champ game loser ever get in over a 13-0 conf champ?

You’re arguing for something that we’ve never seen.

Again, I hope the SEC does get screwed. The Big Ten and SEC can form their own playoff and everyone can be happy.

When have we seen a 1 loss conference champ game loser ever get in over a 13-0 conf champ?

You’re arguing for something that we’ve never seen.
As are you. You realize that, right?
Georgia lost by 3--their first loss in 30 games--and you think they SHOULD drop 5-6 spots, why?

Georgia is out even if FSU loses… have to let FSU in if they win and would the committee pick Tex over Ala? They should. SEC could be out.

If 2024 had a 4 team playoff and #1 Penn State lost to #8 Oregon no one here would be saying a 13-0 FSU team without a QB or a 12-1 Big XII champ is more deserving
People here just hate the SEC because of their success
We all know both these teams are among the 4 best.

That was horrible by GA. You have to spy the Bama QB.

I'll admit I'm surprised. I didn't know much about GA but I knew that the were lucky to beat Missouri.

I did see a few Alabama games and they struggled to beat a lot of teams (S FL, Miss, AK, A&M, TN, and Auburn who handed the game to them last week). Based on all those near misses I didn't think they could beat GA.

History
The last three times Georgia lost the SEC title game they fell 1 spot, 1 spot and 2 spots. Now they're falling 5-6?

Georgia is out even if FSU loses… have to let FSU in if they win and would the committee pick Tex over Ala? They should. SEC could be out.
Georgia will be out. Committee will be hoping for fsu loss that way both Bama and Texas can get in to make it easy for them

Reactions: bdgan
History
The last three times Georgia lost the SEC title game they fell 1 spot, 1 spot and 2 spots. Now they're falling 5-6?

So you can cite history and I can't?

When was the last time a 13-0 p5 champ was left out in favor of a ccg loser? When was the last time a 13-0 p5 champ was left out for any team with 1 loss?

So you can quote history and I can't?

When was the last time a 13-0 p5 champ was left out in favor of a ccg loser? When was the last time a 13-0 p5 champ was left out for any team with 1 loss?
Because we've never had a 13-0 champ that lost their QB before being compared to a 2-time defending national champ that lost a game by 3 points.

Apples oranges dude. Every season is different and there are too many teams hovering
You honestly believe a team that has now won 29 of 30 should fall 5 spots
If this was Penn State that was ranked 1 in this exact scenario you would be saying we should be a lock and the only reason we'd be out is bias
Do you think Georgia is one of the best 4 teams?

History

They only have to fall 4.

Also, what did the 5-8 look like those times? Did they lose to one of them as they did this year? Did one of them beat the team that beat them?

The arguing on this board is pure gold. Imagine what it will be like among members of the committee.

If FSU and Michigan win, which is likely, then any decision the committee makes is going to infuriate a fan base. Georgia to #5 or #6 makes no sense. Big12 Champ Texas kicked out after beating the SEC champ in their own stadium. SEC totally excluded, or .... two SEC teams in the playoffs and piss off a whole lot more people so that the "4 best teams" are playing.

History
The voters have no choice this time. Do you really think they'll keep GA 2nd or 3rd ahead of TX, UM, FL ST, & WA?

They only have to fall 4.

Also, what did the 5-8 look like those times? Did they lose to one of them as they did this year? Did one of them beat the team that beat them?
So twice as much as any previous time?
I don't understand why everyone is assuming Bama who was 7 spots behind them will be ahead of them
FSU is far from impressive. Texas isn't overly impressive either. I think Ohio State is better than Texas.
I think people are overvaluing a conf title.

As are you. You realize that, right?
Georgia lost by 3--their first loss in 30 games--and you think they SHOULD drop 5-6 spots, why?
You can't get all caught up in how far they will drop. They will go to 5, four spots.

You have to think about this logically and not focus on "well they can't drop that far".

If FSU wins and they are at #4 now. Mich wins they are #1. Washington was #3 goes to #2. Alabama has just won the SEC with one loss so they have to get in. They are either going to be 3 or 4.

Back to FSU. They are #4 now. They win and you would say they have to slide back to #5 because UGA "can't fall that far". Do you see that does not pass the logic test and the committee knows it. They would have to be the most incompetent and criminal group ever to allow 2 SEC teams in each with a loss and ignore an undefeated ACC champion. Not happening.

If FSU wins I can see Texas jumping to #4 and UGA still out.

The CBS shills are slyly suggesting that both Georgia and Alabama should get in.

Not gonna happen...and it would be a travesty if it did.

But it's great that on the last year of its existence the 4-team playoff is finally going to blow up in the faces of those who created it.

The voters have no choice this time. Do you really think they'll keep GA 2nd or 3rd ahead of TX, UM, FL ST, & WA?
Yes, I think there's a decent chance they put them at 3. They're at least strongly considering it.
If Michigan and FSU win and I had a vote I'd have

Michigan
Georgia
Washington
Bama
Ohio State
Texas
Florida State
Penn State
Missouri
Oregon

The Big Ten and SEC are tougher leagues. It's just reality.

Winning the ACC or Big XII or even Pac XII isn't comparable to playing in the Big Ten or SEC and that has been proven repeatedly. I actually think Penn State and Missouri could arguably be ahead of FSU. FSU is a glorified G5 team with that schedule

You can't get all caught up in how far they will drop. They will go to 5, four spots.

You have to think about this logically and not focus on "well they can't drop that far".

If FSU wins and they are at #4 now. Mich wins they are #1. Washington was #3 goes to #2. Alabama has just won the SEC with one loss so they have to get in. They are either going to be 3 or 4.

Back to FSU. They are #4 now. They win and you would say they have to slide back to #5 because UGA "can't fall that far". Do you see that does not pass the logic test and the committee knows it. They would have to be the most incompetent and criminal group ever to allow 2 SEC teams in each with a loss and ignore an undefeated ACC champion. Not happening.

If FSU wins I can see Texas jumping to #4 and UGA still out.
But why are they falling behind FSU? Using logic that doesn't make sense
They aren't sliding back because "Georgia can't fall that far"...they're sliding back because Bama jumped them. Georgia remains ahead of them.
I don't know how you just watched that game and don't think those are 2 of the best 4 teams.

You honestly believe a team that has now won 29 of 30 should fall 5 spots
If this was Penn State that was ranked 1 in this exact scenario you would be saying we should be a lock and the only reason we'd be out is bias
Do you think Georgia is one of the best 4 teams?
For starters they are 12-1 not 29-1. Previous season don’t matter. They aren’t taking two sec teams this year especially with Texas being the option. Georgia played a terrible out of conference schedule and it will cost them. I’ll be honest Ohio state deserves to be in over them. Close loss over who most likely will be number 1 team tomorrow. Georgias only hope is Iowa and Louisville unless you think they should be in over Bama.

For starters they are 12-1 not 29-1. Previous season don’t matter. They aren’t taking two sec teams this year especially with Texas being the option. Georgia played a terrible out of conference schedule and it will cost them. I’ll be honest Ohio state deserves to be in over them. Close loss over who most likely will be number 1 team tomorrow. Georgias only hope is Iowa and Louisville unless you think they should be in over Bama.
They do matter. History always matters in college football. Always has (look back to the late 60s and Obsorne needing a title in 94) and always will.

You truly watched them play today and don't believe they're one of the best 4 teams. You said "deserve"--that's not the committee's job. The job is the best 4 teams.

They do matter. History always matters in college football. Always has (look back to the late 60s and Obsorne needing a title in 94) and always will.

You truly watched them play today and don't believe they're one of the best 4 teams. You said "deserve"--that's not the committee's job. The job is the best 4 teams.
I have no idea if they are the best 4. They lost today . They played a weak schedule. I think Ohio state is better honestly. No way two teams from same conference get in this yearunless Iowa and Louisville win. It’s too jumbled

Yes, I think there's a decent chance they put them at 3. They're at least strongly considering it.
If Michigan and FSU win and I had a vote I'd have

Michigan
Georgia
Washington
Bama
Ohio State
Texas
Florida State
Penn State
Missouri
Oregon

The Big Ten and SEC are tougher leagues. It's just reality.

Winning the ACC or Big XII or even Pac XII isn't comparable to playing in the Big Ten or SEC and that has been proven repeatedly. I actually think Penn State and Missouri could arguably be ahead of FSU. FSU is a glorified G5 team with that schedule

Dude, you have noooo idea what they are or aren't considering.

Reactions: AvgUser
So twice as much as any previous time?
I don't understand why everyone is assuming Bama who was 7 spots behind them will be ahead of them
FSU is far from impressive. Texas isn't overly impressive either. I think Ohio State is better than Texas.
I think people are overvaluing a conf title.

What was the scenarios before? I'm guessing 5 down all had 2 losses or lost that weekend.

Why shouldn't Bama be ahead of UGA now? They just beat them. Head to head has to matter.

If FSU has no shot at 13-0, why rank them? Just seems stupid and futile.

Texas has played better than OSU overall this year. Bigger road win, and a closer loss (Buckeyes were never a threat to beat Michigan).

Conference championship either has value or it doesn't. That means you pick UGA or you pick Bama, but not both. Otherwise, why are they even playing all year? Just give them their auto berths for the best recruiting essentially?

Georgia will fall behind any conference champ with 0 or 1 losses. The number of spots they fall will depend on how many teams fit the criteria.

If both FSU and UM lose then sure Georgia can be as high as 4

I have no idea if they are the best 4. They lost today . They played a weak schedule. I think Ohio state is better honestly. No way two teams from same conference get in this yearunless Iowa and Louisville win. It’s too jumbled
What do you mean you don't know?
That's the entire discussion is who are the bet four teams
If you don't know what are you arguing?
Why can't two teams from the same conference get in? The ACC is garbage, no?

What do you mean you don't know?
That's the entire discussion is who are the bet four teams
If you don't know what are you arguing?
Why can't two teams from the same conference get in? The ACC is garbage, no?
Texas should be in.

What was the scenarios before? I'm guessing 5 down all had 2 losses or lost that weekend.

Why shouldn't Bama be ahead of UGA now? They just beat them. Head to head has to matter.

If FSU has no shot at 13-0, why rank them? Just seems stupid and futile.

Texas has played better than OSU overall this year. Bigger road win, and a closer loss (Buckeyes were never a threat to beat Michigan).

Conference championship either has value or it doesn't. That means you pick UGA or you pick Bama, but not both. Otherwise, why are they even playing all year? Just give them their auto berths for the best recruiting essentially?
Because they were 8--7 spots behind them--and it's not all about H2H
I don't think Texas was better than Ohio State this year
Why do the MAC and CUSA and MWC conference play? The ACC isn't significantly better. It's definitely not on the level of the Big Ten or SEC. I can absolutely pick both as we've seen conference gets two in the past. Big Ten last year.

Texas should be in.
Why? Because they beat Alabama 3 months ago?
Because they beat Oklahoma State who lost to UCF by42 today?
What specifically makes Texas more deserving than Georgia?
It's not just Texas vs. Bama--you have to rank every team before you bring in H2H between Bama and Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT