ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Waitlist Update

breno14

Jan 19, 2014
Got a message from my father yesterday - the Ticket Office called him that afternoon with availability for 2 wrestling season tickets. He has a lifetime's worth of NLC points, but I thought it was worth noting that they're still pulling people for season tickets this close to the season start.

How many NLC points do I get for paying my child’s tuition?

Reactions: therod
Got a message from my father yesterday - the Ticket Office called him that afternoon with availability for 2 wrestling season tickets. He has a lifetime's worth of NLC points, but I thought it was worth noting that they're still pulling people for season tickets this close to the season start.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz and mcpat
I called about the waitlist today. I have 2165 pts and didn't hear anything. The rep said I was ~50th on the list and they had made it to about 25th on the list. He wasn't sure if they were out of tickets, or were still allocating as of this morning.

Reactions: mcpat
Can anyone explain how the waitlist works, and how points factor in? I've never been able to find anything.

Can anyone explain how the waitlist works, and how points factor in? I've never been able to find anything.
Penn State, the school with 7 billion in endowment value, is always in need of more money. So you give the school all your money every year and in twenty years or so they will allow you to purchase a couple tickets.

Penn State, the school with 7 billion in endowment value, is always in need of more money. So you give the school all your money every year and in twenty years or so they will allow you to purchase a couple tickets.
Thx. That part I understand. Just wasn't sure how you figure out you need to donate to be in thebsweet spot between getting tix and a second mortgage.

All of us on the wait list need to meet up in state college on home meet days, take up all the parking spaces, and watch the meet at a bar or something.

As season ticket holders grow more and more frustrated with the parking situation, they’ll non-renew their tickets, freeing them up for us.

Who’s with me? (We’ll put down a few White Claws together!)

Last edited:
All of us on the wait list need to meet up in state college on home meet days, take up all the parking spaces, and watch the meet at a bar or something.

As season ticket holders grow more and more frustrated with the parking situation, they’ll non-renew their tickets, freeing them up for us.

You had me till “white Claws”

Brilliant idea; awful execution. Seltzers are for softies.

Nittany Lion Club Points + existing season ticket holder. That’s it! The so called waiting list is a mirage. If an existing season ticket holder folds, the ticket office gets out a ranked list (by NLC points) of existing season ticket holders and starts calling. Right or wrong ….. this is how they do it.

Nittany Lion Club Points + existing season ticket holder. That’s it! The so called waiting list is a mirage. If an existing season ticket holder folds, the ticket office gets out a ranked list (by NLC points) of existing season ticket holders and starts calling. Right or wrong ….. this is how they do it.
So, pretty much those wanting season tix need to root for current holders to die off? I'm a prick but not nearly a big enough one to pull for that.... lol

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I'll start by saying you're not wrong, but only because all the folks that are high on the waiting list already have at least one season ticket. If someone jumps in with higher NLC Points than anyone on the current waiting list, they would be accommodated. We're talking hundreds of thousands of $$'s over a lifetime, I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: hlstone
So you all know, I'll be continuing to cry to ya'll every year to sell me tickets...
Steel: chum up to someone on this board or possibly a big giver that you may know (someone with north of 2,500 NLC points). Cut an acceptable deal and have them apply for two new 23-24 tix next summer. As a few existing season tix holders fade off, … you new friend can very probably scoop up 2 seats for you. Of course, you will remain beholden to your new friend for the remainder of your life. Normally I don’t spout off like this, but, I feel bad for the serious PSU wrestling fans that live with the futility of the “waiting list”.

I'll start by saying you're not wrong, but only because all the folks that are high on the waiting list already have at least one season ticket. If someone jumps in with higher NLC Points than anyone on the current waiting list, they would be accommodated. We're talking hundreds of thousands of $$'s over a lifetime, I'm pretty sure.
Thanks Mr Roar! I have numerous acquaintances who are seriously into PSU wrestling. They suffer from the severe supply/demand imbalance. I think the best we can do is to use this board to share the wealth when there are occasions when we can not attend.

Reactions: hlstone
I have a friend who probably has a big NLC balance, he has multiple football club seats withhis name on the chairback. I considered asking him to get on the list, but Since I live two hours away I know I can not come to all meets, and with the BJC events, SRO tickets, and people posting here I can normally get to about 2 or 3 meets a year, which wokrs for me.
I could have gone to Friday’s meet (but work got in the way), I have SRO for Oregon State, going to both BJC events, and also going to Lehigh and the Army tournament, so this is a banner year for me. Even considering a Paul and HLStone’s Excellent Adventure 2 trip to see us batter tOSU. Life is good!

I see two options.

1) All matches move from Rec Hall to BJC; or

2) All matches move from Rec Hall to BJC

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I see two options.

1) All matches move from Rec Hall to BJC; or

2) All matches move from Rec Hall to BJC
It blows my mind that the University doesn't own the BJC. The PSU athletic teams have to rent the BJC.
I remember my parents donating money to PSU for the construction of the BJC. My parents weren't rich and it was probably just a couple hundred dollars. It all doesn't make sense to me.

It blows my mind that the University doesn't own the BJC. The PSU athletic teams have to rent the BJC.
I remember my parents donating money to PSU for the construction of the BJC. My parents weren't rich and it was probably just a couple hundred dollars. It all doesn't make sense to me.
PSU owns the BJC. It is operated by the Auxiliary & Business Services Unit.

Why does the wrestling team have to rent it for the BJC events? Or maybe I heard wrong information.
The BJC isn't an athletic department asset, hence the "rent" payment. The athletic department basically operates as a separate entity from the rest of the university. All transactions between the two must be accounted for. For instance, the athletic department pays the university for each scholarship (~$55k for a full scholarship).

The BJC isn't an athletic department asset, hence the "rent" payment. The athletic department basically operates as a separate entity from the rest of the university. All transactions between the two must be accounted for. For instance, the athletic department pays the university for each scholarship (~$55k for a full scholarship).
Thank you for the clarification on the BJC.

WOW!! That means the Athletic Department pays the University about 2.3 million for wrestling alone. 9.9 scholarships each year x 4 years = 40 scholarships per year.. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT