ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders to NFL?

Interested to hear his decision, but I'm sort of indifferent about it. I don't really think 2019 changes at all either way. The other RBs on the roster are adequate.

I really hope Miller stays but that is wishful thinking.

I would think so. There’s not much else he can demonstrate next season to make himself more marketable.

Interested to hear his decision, but I'm sort of indifferent about it. I don't really think 2019 changes at all either way. The other RBs on the roster are adequate.

I really hope Miller stays but that is wishful thinking.

This is where I am. If he comes back, he provides us with a legitimate B1G back who while not necessarily explosive runs hard and gets tough yards. If he leaves I'll wish him well and look forward to the younger kids.

The reality is that Sanders does not have much of an NFL future. I would guess that he perhaps has a two-year NFL career. It is a shame to see guys leave before graduation for that. It's one thing when you are a LaVar Arrington or Saquaon Barkely, and you are expecting millions and millions of dollars, and at least six or seven years in the league based on your on name alone. It's quite another thing to leave for a few hundred thousand dollars over two years, followed by nothing.

The reality is that Sanders does not have much of an NFL future. I would guess that he perhaps has a two-year NFL career. It is a shame to see guys leave before graduation for that. It's one thing when you are a LaVar Arrington or Saquaon Barkely, and you are expecting millions and millions of dollars, and at least six or seven years in the league based on your on name alone. It's quite another thing to leave for a few hundred thousand dollars over two years, followed by nothing.

Sanders should have already graduated. The goal is three years and you have your degree. He shouldn't be missing out on anything.

Why is that confusing? Franklin has stated repeatedly he wants kids to graduate in 3 years. That's what should be happening so they can enter the draft, transfer as a grad student or just walk away. Coaches don't want MOST kids sticking around for 4-5 years. It limits recruiting. Franklin won't be disappointed at all if Sanders, Miller, McGovern and Bates leave.

Sanders should have already graduated. The goal is three years and you have your degree. He shouldn't be missing out on anything.

What major do these kids select to be able to play football at this level and graduate in three years? Not every kid has to major in Chemical Engineering or Quantum Physics but are they really selecting degrees that will allow them to be successful after they are done playing?

He’s only been in school for two and a half years. He won’t have been in school for three years until May.
First off, he was enrolled in the summer so he should be able to completed the course work.
Second, if not he can do what Barkley did
After your third eligible season you should be ready to move on. If don't you failed accomplishing what you were told to do.

I have not seen that he has graduated yet

2020 is just making up shit, per usual. He's saying that Franklin wants kids to graduate in 3 years, and Sanders didn't graduate in his 2.5 years, so that's on Sanders and good riddance. This is why 2020 is worse than a pitt fan.

Reactions: stormingnorm
What major do these kids select to be able to play football at this level and graduate in three years? Not every kid has to major in Chemical Engineering or Quantum Physics but are they really selecting degrees that will allow them to be successful after they are done playing?

Are we really pretending most of these kids are here primarily for the degree? Just get that piece of paper like most of America and figure things out from there.

They take a full load year around(Both summer sessions) to get out early no matter what the major.

This brings up a bigger question of why more people don't finish their undergraduate education in 3 years. It is very doable.

I don't think it matters if he stays. If Cain is a hammer like he looks, Slade is fine, Devyn Ford is smooth and Journey is serviceable who cares really.

Reactions: Nitwit
This brings up a bigger question of why more people don't finish their undergraduate education in 3 years. It is very doable.

Because delaying "real life" and hanging out with your friends is more fun than starting a job that probably pays 30k-70k a year.

I don't think it matters if he stays. If Cain is a hammer like he looks, Slade is fine, Devyn Ford is smooth and Journey is serviceable who cares really.

I just hope Franklin uses Bama/Georgia's system with backs next year. Play all three. Make sure they all get touches. Ride the hot hand.

Cause normal people have to pay for summer session which is taught by TAs, have longer classes and you can't complete an internship if you're stuck in SC for the summer.

Cause normal people have to pay for summer session which is taught by TAs, have longer classes and you can't complete an internship if you're stuck in SC for the summer.
Summer session is not always taught by TAs. I took several summer courses and all were instructed by full professors.

Did you graduate in three years from Penn State plus play a D-1 sport? And what was your major?

No, but when I went to school 5 years was pretty much the norm. I graduated in 4 years (finance) without taking summer classes but if I was planning on playing in the NFL I absolutely would have tried to graduate in 3. Completely possible when you're on campus all summer.

Did you graduate in three years from Penn State plus play a D-1 sport? And what was your major?
He was a triple major in Math, Physics and Chem E and a 4 time first team All-American QB and held 2 full-time jobs. He also played ice hockey at the top junior level on the side.

Reactions: Nittany Security
No, but when I went to school 5 years was pretty much the norm. I graduated in 4 years (finance) without taking summer classes but if I was planning on playing in the NFL I absolutely would have tried to graduate in 3. Completely possible when you're on campus all summer.

I don’t see a football player majoring in Finance graduate in three years. Poz majored in Finance and didn’t graduate in three years. And he was pretty smart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT