ADVERTISEMENT

Safe to say Davey Jones finally got under CJF skin

I don’t think the natives would be nearly as restless if we had two straight Heismans, 2 cfb appearances, and every NFL franchise kicking the door down for our coach.

In fact, this is kind of insulting to Lincoln Riley the more I think of it.
Send him my name then. The insanity after a loss to a 8-0 team is just too much

You said this. Saban's D gave up 559 yards in a loss. He's not a CEO so it's all cool, right?

"Why are you comparing CJF to these coaches? It makes no sense. These coaches have proven they can run the gauntlet and get to the dance. CJF hasn’t proven that. Your argument is of no relevance."
You’re getting more granular with details than what I was referring to. You are assuming I was implying certain thoughts. I think our defensive coaching is the strength of our program. Obviously the performance today says otherwise.

ISU withing a TD at Oklahoma with 3 min + left. Fire Lincoln Riley if they loose? Careful what you wish for. This national champion has gotten so blown out of proportion ONE team a yr wins that. Id rather have a competitive team to watch yr in yr out.

Riley's already been to the playoff but they have major problems with their defense that he needs to work on. Trusting Hurts toward the end of this was a mistake as well. Riley deserves a ton of criticism if they lose. Just like Franklin deserves criticism for our loss. Neither should be fired.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
You said this. Saban's D gave up 559 yards in a loss. He's not a CEO so it's all cool, right?

"Why are you comparing CJF to these coaches? It makes no sense. These coaches have proven they can run the gauntlet and get to the dance. CJF hasn’t proven that. Your argument is of no relevance."
Saban is a championship caliber coach with a proven championship pedigree. This is like comparing Bear Bryant to Barry Alvarez. It just doesn’t make sense.

Personally I don’t think Franklin is a bad guy. I think he’s a good dude who relates well to kids. However, I don’t believe he has the “it” factor required to elevate the program to the next level. Again, my perspective, take it for what it is. Hopefully you’ll all be pointing a finger at me and laughing and making rude comments if I’m wrong. I just don’t see it.
So now you moved the discussion to your personal view that he doesn't have the "it" factor. According to you, I guess Saban never had the "it" factor until he was at Bama. So why does Rhule have the "it" factor? He hasn't won anything.

So now you moved the discussion to your personal view that he doesn't have the "it" factor. According to you, I guess Saban never had the "it" factor until he was at Bama. So why does Rhule have the "it" factor? He hasn't won anything.

Saban had it at LSU if not Michigan State

Reactions: hoflane
Saban is a championship caliber coach with a proven championship pedigree. This is like comparing Bear Bryant to Barry Alvarez. It just doesn’t make sense.
559 yards against with how many 5 stars in a loss with a weak ass schedule? They should be around 15th on Tuesday. Championship pedigree my ass.

Please refer to the comment below. Just watch Rhule coach vs CJF coach and tell me if you don’t see a difference. I’ll respect your opinion. Why bring Saban into this equation? He’s obviously head and shoulders above everyone else. He’s the exception to the rule, he’s not the rule itself.

559 yards against with how many 5 stars in a loss with a weak ass schedule? They should be around 15th on Tuesday. Championship pedigree my ass.
Another emotional and illogical response. I understand why you side with CJF.

Just for perspective how many yrs was OKie really bad after Switzer? How many yrs did it take? All the crap that went down PSU didnt have a losing season during that, are a top 10 program , worth getting upset a bit about and can't wait for the next game . 13-0 every yr isnt realistic. Like I said careful what you wish for

Just for perspective how many yrs was OKie really bad after Switzer? How many yrs did it take? All the crap that went down PSU didnt have a losing season during that, are a top 10 program , worth getting upset a bit about and can't wait for the next game . 13-0 every yr isnt realistic. Like I said careful what you wish for
I don’t disagree with your statement. I just have different expectations for the team. Doesn’t mean I’m right and you’re wrong or vice versa.

Yeah, but O'Brien deserves a ton of credit for that and he gets none. This is year 6 for Franklin so at what point do we start holding him accountable for getting to the playoff? Year XX....

I want Franklin to be here for a long time but the goal is the playoff...anything less isn't good enough. That should be the standard every year while knowing you're not going to always make it.

Name 14 teams that should be ranked higher than them after a 5 point loss to #2....just curious at this point.
A shit ton of teams that are better than a team that calls A&M their only good win and gets boat raced for 559 yards.

Yeah, but O'Brien deserves a ton of credit for that and he gets none. This is year 6 for Franklin so at what point do we start holding him accountable for getting to the playoff? Year XX....

I want Franklin to be here for a long time but the goal is the playoff...anything less isn't good enough. That should be the standard every year while knowing you're not going to always make it.
Honestly to me either make it a real playoff like the lower divisions or just go back to the old way. This insane rush for 4 teams and undefeated in these now super conferences? Hard to say with Clemson what would have happened. make them play ND at least a real opponent. look at that ISU OU game .

We all want to be Bama, right? Isn't that the goal on the field?
If not, why to we celebrate Cael and Penn State wrestling or the Penn State Women's volleyball program under Rose. The goal is to be elite. To be the best of the best.

Honestly to me either make it a real playoff like the lower divisions or just go back to the old way. This insane rush for 4 teams and undefeated in these now super conferences? Hard to say with Clemson what would have happened. make them play ND at least a real opponent. look at that ISU OU game .

I'm all for a real playoff (not going back) but you have to play with the system that exists. The goal is to be good enough in this system.

Give me a 16-20-24 team playoff and then the "standard" changes.

We all want to be Bama, right? Isn't that the goal on the field?
If not, why to we celebrate Cael and Penn State wrestling or the Penn State Women's volleyball program under Rose. The goal is to be elite. To be the best of the best.
Apples and Oranges , the money out there in football. I hope PSU is clean , nothing has come up but look at OSU the nemesis. If OSU were clean its a level field . Franklin's defense on his best team the sanctions and injuries cost him at the beginning of the yr. My perspective comes from a long time Indiana Bball fan, Been Psu football within a yr or so as kid finding sports and the 74-76 IU yrs. They are last undefeated in bball, more games but 45 yrs no one since . Knight had issues but same thing careful what you wish for. In reality even if not for the Sandusky mess PSU made a great transition and then add in the Scholly losses. 20 yrs later IU never recovered save a run with Knights players .

Apples and Oranges , the money out there in football. I hope PSU is clean , nothing has come up but look at OSU the nemesis. If OSU were clean its a level field . Franklin's defense on his best team the sanctions and injuries cost him at the beginning of the yr. My perspective comes from a long time Indiana Bball fan, Been Psu football within a yr or so as kid finding sports and the 74-76 IU yrs. They are last undefeated in bball, more games but 45 yrs no one since . Knight had issues but same thing careful what you wish for. In reality even if not for the Sandusky mess PSU made a great transition and then add in the Scholly losses. 20 yrs later IU never recovered save a run with Knights players .
I don’t disagree with your post but I truly hate the word “if”. It doesn’t make sense to me. Additionally your argument of “careful what you wish for” is applied from both perspectives. You never know the potential of a change until you make the decision to change.

This is a weird response. You and a few others fail to realize that Rhule has matched what Franklin has done at every stop and Rhule has done it better. Plus, he isn’t a CEO guy and he bleeds blue and white. Why would you not want him? Rhule takes ownership and accepts responsibility, rule 101 for coaching. Rhule is the best thing we could do for this university.
Look Rhule is not coming to PSU he has said his next stop is the NFL. Ask Tennessee or Florida State or Nebraska or USC if they would like to have Franklin as their head coach. I’m certain all would take him. Being a CEO is what is required in today’s college football. Ask Saban or Meyer or Sweeney. Franklin won at Vanderbilt. Vander freaking bilt! They have not been to a bowl game since. He has won 71% of his games and his kids graduate. Thankful to have him.

Hotflane and some others who keep on whining about CJF, send your coaching credentials to Sandy. You keep on repeating your opinions to what end? Most of us are already disappointed with the loss but you are piling it on. CJF is an awesome coach with great experience. He brought this program to this level from ashes, if you remember. How many of you are perfect with what you do? If YES, then keep complaining!

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with your post but I truly hate the word “if”. It doesn’t make sense to me. Additionally your argument of “careful what you wish for” is applied from both perspectives. You never know the potential of a change until you make the decision to change.
If , yeah OSU isnt clean . As far as careful what you wish for? Who are you bringing in to be coach? Knute is dead . Bobby Knight to Franklin ? Yes , he is no where close even different times , but tell me what other current coach suspends a important player for the spitting incident?

I’m game for this. I think my body can tolerate heavy doses of whiskey for a few more years during football season while watching CJF and Rhane pretend to “make adjustments”. :)

How did your body tolerate all the Whiskey when we started the 2000's decade with 4 out of 5 losing seasons? You must have needed cases of whiskey every weekend back then if a 10-2 season gets you in this much of a hissy fit.

Reactions: 81b&w
If , yeah OSU isnt clean . As far as careful what you wish for? Who are you bringing in to be coach? Knute is dead . Bobby Knight to Franklin ? Yes , he is no where close even different times , but tell me what other current coach suspends a important player for the spitting incident?
CJF is not a great coach for suspending a player for spitting. That’s his job. There are better coaches than CJF.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
How did your body tolerate all the Whiskey when we started the 2000's decade with 4 out of 5 losing seasons? You must have needed cases of whiskey every weekend back then if a 10-2 season gets you in this much of a hissy fit.
Lol...good point. I’m slowly starting to feel the side effects.

CJF is not a great coach for suspending a player for spitting. That’s his job. There are better coaches than CJF.
Then name them That are coming here and which ones suspend said player on their own with no league intervention? Saban? Good chance but he has more horses in the barn than PSU

The one thing he did admit it that was correct, the team played with no sense of urgency. That was glaring from the onset. They we’re lackadaisical, and there is no excuse for them to have overlooked this game

Disappointing loss.

You don't have to like someone to admit they're right. Franklin was asked a question and gave a BS answer about reading the chart then falsely claimed it no impact on the game. It was as dumb as an answer as Narduzzi defending his decision to kick a FG. Own the mistake. It was too early in the game to make that decision. We all know it even if some, like Franklin, still refuse to admit it.
Spot on. It was a bonehead call but it really didn’t impact the outcome... missing twice on 4th down in the red zone instead of kicking FG’s cost them the game. Those was bonehead, too.

I don't blame Franklin for being irked by being asked stupid questions
I don’t either, and I thought as usual that Franklin was masterful during the post game press conference — except when responding to Jones. I can’t stand Jones, but he was correct that (a) Franklin did not really answer the prior reporter’s question and (b) it absolutely would (or at least could) have made a difference in how the game played out — which is the part that led to Franklin’s testy and weak “I checked the book, I asked our other coaches, and we all agreed” response.

If you’re agreeing with Jones about anything then you’re an idiot.

Believing someone is always wrong makes you an idiot. Davey is wrong a large majority of the time. He's right here, Franklin knew it and that's why he reacted the way he did. Franklin didn't want to own the mistake. It happens. Just like Narduzzi against us.

Believing someone is always wrong makes you an idiot. Davey is wrong a large majority of the time. He's right here, Franklin knew it and that's why he reacted the way he did. Franklin didn't want to own the mistake. It happens. Just like Narduzzi against us.
Wrong...someone’s character (or lack thereof) makes me disregard anything they say. He has an agenda much like you which means he’s going to twist his opinions (much like you).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT