ADVERTISEMENT

Safe to say Davey Jones finally got under CJF skin

I don't know which voice belonged to Jones since he always has the luxury of hiding behind a keyboard. Maybe he's still pouting over his nephew's team getting drilled by PSU.

Franklin's obsession with "Explosive Plays" is what is killing this team. He keeps mentioning it and you can tell that Rahne and Clifford are under pressure to deliver "Explosive Plays".

Such will be the cause of Franklin's eventual demise..hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84Lion
Wow. You’re as dumb as Davy. Shocking :)

You don't have to like someone to admit they're right. Franklin was asked a question and gave a BS answer about reading the chart then falsely claimed it no impact on the game. It was as dumb as an answer as Narduzzi defending his decision to kick a FG. Own the mistake. It was too early in the game to make that decision. We all know it even if some, like Franklin, still refuse to admit it.

Proven to suck? Alabama 8-1. Oklahoma 7-1. Georgia 7-1. See the pattern?
Why are you comparing CJF to these coaches? It makes no sense. These coaches have proven they can run the gauntlet and get to the dance. CJF hasn’t proven that. Your argument is of no relevance.

Reactions: wcg207
New Franklin's obsession with "Explosive Plays" is what is killing this team. He keeps mentioning it and you can tell that Rahne and Clifford are under pressure to deliver "Explosive Plays".
Which is why they continued to run Journey between the tackles after the 2 big runs in the first half. SMFH

Why are you comparing CJF to these coaches? It makes no sense. These coaches have proven they can run the gauntlet and get to the dance. CJF hasn’t proven that. Your argument is of no relevance.
As I’ve stated in previous posts. Let’s see what happens next week. CJF has an opportunity to reverse a glaringly negative trend of his.....following a loss with a loss every year he’s been a D1 coach. If he can reverse this trend next week then maybe he has a chance and maybe this program has a chance under his guidance. Let’s talk next week.

I don’t want to be rude, but I don’t want a politically correct coach. I want an unconventional coach. Through an unconventional approach you grow, improve, and become a standard bearer.

ThoseAnnualCod-max-1mb.gif

They were just born great coaches? We now have the talent to "run the gauntlet" and have one loss just like your "proven coaches".

:) :) :) .....this PC world we live in would melt down with the site of a Bobby Knight approach!!

By the way PJ Fleck and many others are “CEO” coaches. Fleck was never a play caller and couldn’t call a game if his life defended on it. However that cornball does seem to have a better vision of what he wants his offense to be and sets a tone regarding their identity.

As I’ve stated in previous posts. Let’s see what happens next week. CJF has an opportunity to reverse a glaringly negative trend of his.....following a loss with a loss every year he’s been a D1 coach. If he can reverse this trend next week then maybe he has a chance and maybe this program has a chance under his guidance. Let’s talk next week.

That's not true. We did not lose back-to-back football games in 2016.

That said, our record against-the-spread is poor under Franklin when coming off a loss. We tend to look flat.

I'd guess we'll be a 14-point favorite vs Indiana, so we'll have some margin of error. Could win without covering.

Reactions: hoflane
They were just born great coaches? We now have the talent to "run the gauntlet" and have one loss just like your "proven coaches".
Nope....but these gentlemen proved they learned to adapt and adjust. We are still waiting for this to occur under CJF. When it does occur....I’ll be the first to praise him.

Wow--he admitted he used the chart on the decision of going for two. Horrible answer. I hate to defend Davey put he's right. And Franklin was dead wrong with his decision, he knew it and wouldn't own it.

The player failed to execute by picking wrong side of block. STFU with it. You have whined now about 20+ times (so I seems) about the play. Have no doubt but you are a troll, which makes me a dumbass for even responding to one of your many idiotic posts.

Franklin's obsession with "Explosive Plays" is what is killing this team. He keeps mentioning it and you can tell that Rahne and Clifford are under pressure to deliver "Explosive Plays".

Such will be the cause of Franklin's eventual demise..hopefully sooner rather than later.
Your wrong

That's not true. We did not lose back-to-back football games in 2016.

That said, our record against-the-spread is poor under Franklin when coming off a loss. We tend to look flat.

I'd guess we'll be a 14-point favorite vs Indiana, so we'll have some margin of error. Could win without covering.
Good rebuttal. We had one win between Pitt and UM. I stand corrected.

The player failed to execute by picking wrong side of block. STFU with it. You have whined now about 20+ times (so I seems) about the play. Have no doubt but you are a troll, which makes me a dumbass for even responding to one of your many idiotic posts.

It isn't about the execution. Even if we convert it was the wrong decision.
You're a dumbass but not for responding to me. It was the response.

Wow--he admitted he used the chart on the decision of going for two. Horrible answer. I hate to defend Davey put he's right. And Franklin was dead wrong with his decision, he knew it and wouldn't own it.

An esteemed HC making $4 or 5 million a year should not be utilizing a chart. Everyone knew it was the wrong decision.

The player should not have been in the game. Because he is back #3

Rhule needed 3 OTs and a couple lucky bounces to beat 4-4 TCU
This is a weird response. You and a few others fail to realize that Rhule has matched what Franklin has done at every stop and Rhule has done it better. Plus, he isn’t a CEO guy and he bleeds blue and white. Why would you not want him? Rhule takes ownership and accepts responsibility, rule 101 for coaching. Rhule is the best thing we could do for this university.

Reactions: Storm at Sea
This is a weird response. You and a few others fail to realize that Rhule has matched what Franklin has done at every stop and Rhule has done it better. Plus, he isn’t a CEO guy and he bleeds blue and white. Why would you not want him? Rhule takes ownership and accepts responsibility, rule 101 for coaching. Rhule is the best thing we could do for this university.

Matt Rhule will always be available to come to Penn State. I don't think firing Franklin after a 10-2 season for Rhule is the smartest business decision... especially because Franklin still has the locker room and recruits buying in. If we start to derail (which I don't see happening) within the next 2-3 years then yeah, perhaps a change is needed. But lets be real, you don't make this move yet after where we were just 3-4 years ago.

Matt Rhule will always be available to come to Penn State. I don't think firing Franklin after a 10-2 season for Rhule is the smartest business decision... especially because Franklin still has the locker room and recruits buying in. If we start to derail (which I don't see happening) within the next 2-3 years then yeah, perhaps a change is needed. But lets be real, you don't make this move yet after where we were just 3-4 years ago.
I understand your logic but I respectfully disagree. Rhule would bring an element missing from the Franklin regime. Someone who understands the history of the school, someone who bled for the school, someone will bring “elite” back to the school. Purely my perspective, but imagine the ceiling for Rhule as PSU, a school he played at and adores, when compared to what he has accomplished everywhere else without the same motivation as working at “his” school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT