ADVERTISEMENT

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S......STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steelers Win!!!

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC

Can they hang on and beat KC after dominating the first half but underachieving on the score board.......?

LeVeon with a dominate performance....

No....Steelers D plays shutout for most of the game but will give up the big play at a critical part of the game. They will do it again today.

Steeler receivers don't seem to be getting any separation in the 2nd half. Ben had lots of time on the 3rd down, just no one open.....

...KC went 4 for 4 on their last drive of the game - incompletions, that is...
... :) ...

Defense played great and Bell and Brown were the offense.

Overall, their best effort as a team so far this season. If you would have predicted before the season began that Ben would be playing very average and yet the Steelers would have the same record as NE after 6 games, only 1 game out of overall home field playoff advantage, I would have been ecstatic....

Overall, their best effort as a team so far this season. If you would have predicted before the season began that Ben would be playing very average and yet the Steelers would have the same record as NE after 6 games, only 1 game out of overall home field playoff advantage, I would have been ecstatic....
The counter is if you told me they would knock off an unbeaten Kansas City in week 6, I would have expected them to be 5-1 at worst. The 2 losses were inexcusable.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
If they end up with home field advantage throughout the playoffs, have no major injuries during the regular season, then that is a perfect regular season as far as I'm concerned..... Today's win gives them the tie breaker against KC.

No doubt about Bell and Brown having great games and Ben had better stats than in the losses, for sure.

Don't really understand why they end up with only 19 points (or, with the safety, the offense got only 17). Can't finish drives with TDs often enough.

Reactions: BBrown
No doubt about Bell and Brown having great games and Ben had better stats than in the losses, for sure.

Don't really understand why they end up with only 19 points (or, with the safety, the offense got only 17). Can't finish drives with TDs often enough.

Nowhere to go for Ben but up this week, after trying for the record for INT's last week - in fairness, 2 of the 5 were deflections.

Not finishing drives - Exactly. First and goal at the 3 and get a FG, one of the 1st half drives. With the way the Steelers dominated the first half the halftime score should have been 23-0. Couldn't finish drives.

And not fielding the free kick was pretty stupid as well. Teams score on a pretty high percentage of possessions after getting a Safety and receiving the free kick due to the usually good field possession that you get on the free kick from the 20. Can't let a free kick hit the ground........ and that has to be on Tomlin. Some teams use a kickoff kicker, but when a team uses a punter it seems the receiving team should have multiple return players on the field to make sure the punt is caught. I believe it can be "fair caught"....

Nope. But possibly another championship for the City of Champions. Never can have too many of those...

2017 is the Last hurrah for Ben. The ceiling is the AFC title game, as it was last year

The franchise is a long, long way from another super bowl win

The next legit chance won't be before the 2020s

There does not seem to be a dominant team in the AFC so far. The Steelers defense looks to be as good as any in the AFC so far. Eli looked like he had his last hurrah before tonight. A wise man would not count Ben out yet....... since with a top D, LeVeon, and AB, Ben does not have to win games by himself........

Can they hang on and beat KC after dominating the first half but underachieving on the score board.......?

Watching that game was eerily like watching our game against Iowa. Complete domination, but couldn't put them away. All's well that ends well, though.

2017 is the Last hurrah for Ben. The ceiling is the AFC title game, as it was last year

The franchise is a long, long way from another super bowl win

The next legit chance won't be before the 2020s

They have the best RB and WR in the game. With those playmakers they are a super bowl favorite.

Seems to be the mo with tomlin. Can’t put away teams. Goes conservative when it counts. Couldn’t believe the prevent defense at the end. Then when they did finally bring back pressure, smith couldn’t handle like the 3 quarters before that. Steelers won thanks in part to a lucky grab that Brown somehow caught and the defender missed. Same thing happened last week and they were pick 6’s so looks like a wash. The play was 3rd and 3 and as usual they ran a 20 yard low percentage pass play. Well we escaped with one just like we barely lost two in previous weeks. Tomlin is a real head scratcher. My wife and dad thought I was nuts watching it but every week they come down to the wire after moving the ball pretty well and defense keeping other team at a low score in the first 3 quarters. It was nice to see bell and the oline moving the ball.

Interesting that you thought the defense played great. I thought they were avg. at best and what does it say about the rest of your DL that your 40 year old LB'r is the only guy that can get pressure.
It was a good win in a tough place but I didn't think anything about the Steelers looked "Great".

Can't figure this team out- its like the receivers other than Brown get no separation. They don't move the ball in chunks, and when they get to the red zone, they are lost. Their defense was all over Smith- that should have been a 30-13 game if the offense could do anything.

The teams that scare you in the NFL can whip it around and score fast when need be, and for some reason, this team can't.

Can't figure this team out- its like the receivers other than Brown get no separation. They don't move the ball in chunks, and when they get to the red zone, they are lost. Their defense was all over Smith- that should have been a 30-13 game if the offense could do anything.

The teams that scare you in the NFL can whip it around and score fast when need be, and for some reason, this team can't.

And there is no team like that this year.

KC can’t beat Pittsburgh
NE looks bad
Atlanta has taken a huge step backwards
Denver has no QB

Reactions: BBrown
And there is no team like that this year.

KC can’t beat Pittsburgh
NE looks bad
Atlanta has taken a huge step backwards
Denver has no QB

True, but there are still teams that can still throw and put up points fast- but they have other problems. One of them now has a broken collarbone.

And I would still argue that New England will still get it together. Their problems are more on defense than anything. Brady is still sitting at 13 TDs and 2 INTs.

But you are right, there is a lot of parity this year.

Wow, after a really good win this is what I see this morning...
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drama-pittsburgh-martavis-bryant-reportedly-wants-trade-022219995.html
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drama-pittsburgh-martavis-bryant-reportedly-wants-trade-022219995.html
He's a cancer, trade him, maybe they can pick up a competent LB'r, DE or CB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT