ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Bates beast mode at practice

There are some old tweets out there showing off his chop that he uses when DL lean too much while engaged. It's devastating and awesome.

Even as a 4 star recruit, imo he was very much underrated by the services. He should have been a top 10 maybe even top 5 OL recruit. Just so athletic

In the state finals his SR at Wood he was on the hands team for receiving an onside kick. He made an unreal play to recover the final attempt by (I forget team that Jordan Whitehead was on ). Very few of any others O lineman would have recovered that kick

Reactions: LionJim
interesting clip, couple of things
1) there is a 6? on the C
2) The coach yells, kick him out Mike
3) Mike Menet is the starting C, with Gonzo at LG, from what is on this clip
next, the play they run it looks like Bates blocks down, and the OG and C pull, which is the new 'it' play, they call it a buck sweep (which it really isn't) but that's the name coaches hang on it. More of a power sweep than a zone stretch play.

I've been hoping all along that Menet would end up starting at center. With his athleticism, I think it's the right position for him.

I'm not sure how it will sort out, but I'm really looking forward to see the O-line depth chart.

Wow Bates is so quick. He's so athletic they could conceivably run counter treys with him.

If anybody beats out McGovern, that would be one hell of an offensive lineman.

If it's even a close call that's a real tribute to Menet.

Loved the last shot with Bucholtz vs. Bates. I bet Bucholtz and Miller love going against Bates in practice because if you can get any advantage against that guy, that gives you confidence you can do it against anybody.

Iron sharpening iron.

Wow Bates is so quick. He's so athletic they could conceivably run counter treys with him.

If anybody beats out McGovern, that would be one hell of an offensive lineman.

If it's even a close call that's a real tribute to Menet.

Loved the last shot with Bucholtz vs. Bates. I bet Bucholtz and Miller love going against Bates in practice because if you can get any advantage against that guy, that gives you confidence you can do it against anybody.

Iron sharpening iron.
Nobody's beating out McGovern. It's a toss up between him and Bates as to who our best OL is.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT