ADVERTISEMENT

Runner slaps TV reporter’s backside. Caught on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's your quote:

"despite this guy trying to publicly humiliate her."

I mean this guy must be some sort of super genius to have made a thoughtful decision to publicly humiliate someone else in split seconds.

A genius of epic proportions.

I like how you suddenly revert to the law after you said something completely stupid though.

LdN

"split seconds" isn't a thing ... "split second" refers to something less than a second. You're welcome.

Regardless, uh, yeah ... of course someone can make a decision to publicly humiliate someone in a couple seconds. That's just ... well, common knowledge. Obvious.

Some folks don't have good judgment. He could have been running and then decided he was going to pants her. That would obviously be publicly humiliating. Obviously. Is your contention that he could have NEVER come up with that idea in a couple seconds? People exhibit horrible judgment all the time. They do so when they have time to think, or in the spur of the moment.

Certainly we as critical thinking human beings can differentiate between when someone is serious and when someone is joking....oops, maybe not.

Of course he was joking.

But you're a reasonable guy. So I don't need to explain to you how people use a sarcastic joke to make an easily-recognizable point. :)

So again, I ask, what did she do that would make her not a coward? Yes, rape victims that come forward are not cowards, in fact they are heroic. This particular person was on camera, so she didn’t really “come forward”, she reacted to something that happened to her that a bunch of people saw (did I type that slow enough so you understand?).

I already answered that. Twice. She did, in fact, come forward. Just because the act happened on camera, doesn't mean she didn't then come forward to address the issue. Again, the things you state just don't make any logical sense. It happens over and over again that the logical connections just aren't being made. She stood up for herself after being publicly humiliated (or, at least, facing an attempt to do so). She could have just let it go. She could have ignored it. She could have said, "eh, it's OK, no big whoop." But she put her neck out there and addressed it, and did so in a way that could empower other women to not take shit from others.

And you lose all credibility with your “old, white men” discussion. I’m quite sure there are white men that agree with her 100% just like I’m quite sure there are black men that think it was not that big a deal. My wife thinks it was a stupid thing for the guy to do but she feels it needs to be kept in perspective (you know, so women who do actually get assaulted will be taken seriously)...I guess my wife falls under the “old, white women”’group that are out of touch. Apparently only young, men and women of color get it....that means you’re assuming a who lot of people don’t get it just because of the color of their skin...do you know what that makes you?

LOL! The last thing I'm worried about is whether you think I have credibility, sport.

And you need to re-read what I wrote, so you'll hopefully understand why your response was nonsensical. You just keep getting derailed off the tracks of logic.

Just because I pointed out the old, out-of-touch, white men on this board who are exhibiting the problem behaviors I discussed doesn't mean ALL old white men exhibit such behaviors, nor that it's limited to only that subset of folks.

Come on, sparky ... I'd like to say that you're better than this, but the evidence to the contrary is too strong and too consistent to support that statement.

Hang in there schoolie. wbcincy is normally a good poster but I think he went way off the deep end in this thread. I'd give him another chance. demlion is as big of a jerk as there is on here. Went on my ignore list long ago and I'm much better for it. Cut him loose and never look back.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure I was "off the deep end" by attacking folks who want to defend this guy, but I understand if you feel that way. I know I've mentioned this before, but I've dealt with way too many domestic violence and violence against women situations where I had to hear all the excuses and defenses, had to watch the children as bystanders witnessing it, watch it escalate to murder etc., to not react strongly on this topic when I hear others continue to make those defenses. Of course this situation isn't like many of those, but it's still the general attitude by some towards victim women that has a tendency to set me off. Maybe I go too far as a result, but I'm not really sorry for it.

Reactions: demlion and GreggK
Here's your quote:

"despite this guy trying to publicly humiliate her."

I mean this guy must be some sort of super genius to have made a thoughtful decision to publicly humiliate someone else in split seconds.

A genius of epic proportions.

I like how you suddenly revert to the law after you said something completely stupid though.

LdN
He did it in public. It was offensive touching on live TV. He DID humiliate her, and a second of reflection is more than enough for him to know that it would humiliate her, but that is not an element of the crime, because even though everyone knows that it was humiliating, it is enough that he did it on purpose knowing it was offensive.

He did it in public. It was offensive touching on live TV. He DID humiliate her, and a second of reflection is more than enough for him to know that it would humiliate her, but that is not an element of the crime, because even though everyone knows that it was humiliating, it is enough that he did it on purpose knowing it was offensive.
Wow, humiliated her? HOLY SHIZZ this is so blown out of proportion . So you know what he was thinking right? It was a dumbass move but people like you are ridiculous. I bet your neighbors really love you.

I already answered that. Twice. She did, in fact, come forward. Just because the act happened on camera, doesn't mean she didn't then come forward to address the issue. Again, the things you state just don't make any logical sense. It happens over and over again that the logical connections just aren't being made. She stood up for herself after being publicly humiliated (or, at least, facing an attempt to do so). She could have just let it go. She could have ignored it. She could have said, "eh, it's OK, no big whoop." But she put her neck out there and addressed it, and did so in a way that could empower other women to not take shit from others.

LOL! The last thing I'm worried about is whether you think I have credibility, sport.

And you need to re-read what I wrote, so you'll hopefully understand why your response was nonsensical. You just keep getting derailed off the tracks of logic.

Just because I pointed out the old, out-of-touch, white men on this board who are exhibiting the problem behaviors I discussed doesn't mean ALL old white men exhibit such behaviors, nor that it's limited to only that subset of folks.

Come on, sparky ... I'd like to say that you're better than this, but the evidence to the contrary is too strong and too consistent to support that statement.
Your response always dealt with all white men, sparky...never certain white men. You kept posting about the privileged old white men...not certain privileged white men. Sorry sparky, you can’t backpedal and change who you’re insulting.

Reactions: RU31trap
Wow, humiliated her? HOLY SHIZZ this is so blown out of proportion . So you know what he was thinking right? It was a dumbass move but people like you are ridiculous. I bet your neighbors really love you.
Lol. My neighbors like me fine. No question she felt humiliated.

Lol. My neighbors like me fine. No question she felt humiliated.
So your neighbor feels humiliated? Would make sense. I always love when people like you know what everyone is actually thinking and say it in absolutes. Which makes you a liar.

For all the moral outrage and hand wringing about this and again,the guy was stupid. The reality is, it's likely the best thing that ever happened to this woman.

So your neighbor feels humiliated? Would make sense. I always love when people like you know what everyone is actually thinking and say it in absolutes. Which makes you a liar.
I know what my neighbors think. I talk to them all the time.

Well dem, you surely have yourself convinced that you’re right, just not anyone else. So, you know, congrats on that!

Your response always dealt with all white men, sparky...never certain white men. You kept posting about the privileged old white men...not certain privileged white men. Sorry sparky, you can’t backpedal and change who you’re insulting.

So you’ve resorted to lying after you realized that you kept getting tripped up by logic.

You keep fighting the good fight, on behalf of assaulting ass-slappers everywhere.

Reactions: demlion
So you’ve resorted to lying after you realized that you kept getting tripped up by logic.

You keep fighting the good fight, on behalf of assaulting ass-slappers everywhere.
You’re just so wrong that it’s scary...but keep hanging on.

Well dem, you surely have yourself convinced that you’re right, just not anyone else. So, you know, congrats on that!
Never figured I could convince those who think this is a harmless prank that it is not one. Especially those who say it is wrong but should not be a crime even though it is one.

Based on this thread, there are plenty of people who want to hire him.
It is fun to think about what sort of conduct would disqualify a guy like this in their view.

Oh, wait, now I've got it! He could kneel for the National Anthem!

Reactions: nits74
I say focus on crime that has a real impact on society. For example, murder, aggravated assault or battery, Manslaughter, maybe animal cruelty, what about vehicular homicide, larceny, I think we can all agree that arson is a biggie and finally, a pet peeve of mine, Burglary.

Misdemeanor crimes should be treated like moving violations. Issue this guy a $1000 fine and move on. To arrest him, file charges, and have a hearing, requires an army people who live off the government’s nickel (aka tax payers). Western Europe and many of the Scandinavian countries are going this route and we should too!! No one here is saying that this guy is innocent, but to pursue criminal charges for something like this is costing society a mint and potentially ruining his life. If you do a cost analysis study to see the cost of filing charges against this guy, you may have a completely different opinion on his ill advised act.

Last edited:
Wow. Wrong again.
I think the pushback from some here is about that vague, squishy , #metoo
movement inspired term about him trying to "take her power' ...what diws that even mean?, and shouldn't we teach young women to be strong in the face of any wrongdul actions against them?
She did her job, despite this guy trying to publicly humiliate her. She noted that he tried to take her power. Hows that working out for HIM? Looks to me like he is getting whacked, as you and schoolie cry about the unfairness of it all.

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215
movement inspired term about him trying to "take her power' ...whatdoes s that even mean?, and shouldn't we teach young women to be strong in the face of any wrongdul actions against them? We need to teach more resilience, rather than teaching people to embrace victimhood.

If the acts broken or forever changed by this (not saying she is...i dont know), isn't she ceding some of her power?

Wow, what a bigoted thing to say. Seems 8 year old boys are not as woke as you. Better send up more virtual signals...

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2007/07/unruly_schoolboys_or_sex_offen.html

Yes, that was a truly brilliant observation you brought to this board ... that 8 year olds (and, apparently, many old white men on this board) aren't as cognizant of social mores and legal standards as an informed, rational adult.

Any other deep thoughts you want to share with the class?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure I was "off the deep end" by attacking folks who want to defend this guy, but I understand if you feel that way. I know I've mentioned this before, but I've dealt with way too many domestic violence and violence against women situations where I had to hear all the excuses and defenses, had to watch the children as bystanders witnessing it, watch it escalate to murder etc., to not react strongly on this topic when I hear others continue to make those defenses. Of course this situation isn't like many of those, but it's still the general attitude by some towards victim women that has a tendency to set me off. Maybe I go too far as a result, but I'm not really sorry for it.
I appreciate your stance. Watching these guys respond in a way that is on a par with new arrivals to a Batterer's Intervention Program is certainly eye-opening.

If I had a nickel for every time I have heard the same excuses and "jokes" that people put up here, FROM GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF SERIOUS DV CRIMES, I would be wealthy.

DV escalates out of this mindset. It finds justification in these attitudes. Having lost a close friend/coworker to these attitudes, I am far past any tolerance for any of it. I understand these may make me unpopular. As you can tell, i find it heartbreaking, lol.

movement inspired term about him trying to "take her power' ...whatdoes s that even mean?, and shouldn't we teach young women to be strong in the face of any wrongdul actions against them? We need to teach more resilience, rather than teaching people to embrace victimhood.

If the acts broken or forever changed by this (not saying she is...i dont know), isn't she ceding some of her power?
I dont see her acting broken. She has lit a candle under his entitled ass. Guys here are whining that she is ruining his life.

I think she IS being strong. As for your question, she worked hard and got a career in the media. SHE is the one telling her community what is happening each day. By belittling her, and he DID belittle her, he took a shot at her position. Took her power. She is taking it the F back. She could have maced him, slapped him, shot him. Instead she is following the law.

Some folks here are afraid she is hurting him TOO much. Given the kind of guys they are, you can rest assured she therefore did the right thing.

Last edited:
movement inspired term about him trying to "take her power' ...whatdoes s that even mean?,

It's referring to acts and attitudes that belittle women in various ways. Whether that's the ultimate power play of something like rape, or "smaller" transgressions like slapping her on the ass while she's working, or referring to her condescendingly as "honey," or the such.

and shouldn't we teach young women to be strong in the face of any wrongdul actions against them? We need to teach more resilience, rather than teaching people to embrace victimhood.

Isn't that what she's doing? She's standing up to him, and demanding he faces the consequences of his actions?

Why do you consider that embracing victimhood? What, exactly, would it entail, in your opinion, to see her "acting strong in the face of any wrongful action against her"? Are you another "grin and bear it" kinda guy, or do you want her to assault him in return? How is her response not the appropriate one?

Reactions: demlion and wbcincy
People like Dem really do believe that this country couldn't survive w/out him being here to help them through these pretend hate crime/me too moments.

Reactions: Jerry
I dont see her acting broken. She has lit a candle under his entitled ass. Guys here are whining that she is ruining his life.

I think she IS being strong. As for your question, she worked hard and got a career in the media. SHE is the one telling her community what is happening each day. By belittling her, and he DID belittle her, he took a shot at her position. Took her power. She is taking it the F back. She could have maced him, slapped him, shot him. Instead she is following the law.

Some folks here are afraid she is hurting him TOO much. Given the kind of guys they are, you can rest assured she therefore did the right thing.
Ah, the righteous one has spoken. “Given the kind of guys they are”.....moral superiority runs amok.

...Reasonable people would agree that a man smacking a woman ... a stranger ... on the ass, on live TV, would be an attempt to belittle her.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's doubtful he would have swatted her ass if he didn't feel she had a nice one. This guy wasn't randomly swatting asses throughout the race. He chose her ass to swat because, in his adrenaline high, it seemed like a fun thing to do. He meant her no harm. He obviously didn't put a lot of thought into that choice, but I'm sure his apology was about as sincere as you can get.

OTOH, I wish she had handled the matter with a little more grace. Tough spot to be in, I'll admit. I just think there's a better way to handle this than what I'm seeing out of her.

Reactions: AvgUser

Not saying she deserved any of this, but let's not glorify her too, too much. A career in the media doesn't necessarily correlate with hard work, nor does it imply accurate reporting of what is happening.

She could have set up a reenactment where at the last second, she turns and slaps his face as he runs by. Shake hands, raise a few thousand for local charity, and call it a lesson learned.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I was referencing reasonable people, not you. For the definition of "old, out of touch white man" they just have a picture of you.

It's doubtful he would have swatted her ass if he didn't feel she had a nice one. This guy wasn't randomly swatting asses throughout the race.

WTF?!? So, it matters if he swatted her ass because he liked it?!?! In which backward, criminal world do you live? If she had protested on the spot, I'm guessing you would have been OK with the runner just saying "take it as a compliment, toots"? I'm so glad you dinosaurs will have your backward thinking replaced by reasonable people soon enough.

He chose her ass to swat because, in his adrenaline high, it seemed like a fun thing to do. He meant her no harm. He obviously didn't put a lot of thought into that choice, but I'm sure his apology was about as sincere as you can get.

Yeah, saying that he hit her on the back, but isn't sure where is really sincere when he obviously slapped her on the ass. And saying that if he saw she didn't like it at the time, he would have apologized ... that's sincere (the implication is that he thought she would like it). You guys aren't even trying.

OTOH, I wish she had handled the matter with a little more grace. Tough spot to be in, I'll admit. I just think there's a better way to handle this than what I'm seeing out of her.

So, he did something "naughty" because he had adrenaline coursing through his veins and couldn't resist that sweet ass, and if he gives a fake apology, that's OK ... but the victim stating that being slapped on the ass while working isn't acceptable isn't handling it with grace?! LOL. Why don't you just tell her to smile more, talk less, and get under your desk?

Last edited:
That's the kind of attitude that allows these kinds of behaviors to continue.

No, it's not.

You remind me of one of those people at work who write me a three page email when all I wanted was a 'yes/no' answer.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT