ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor has it that the Patriot News is moving on from Dave Jones after this year

Is he off to CNN to do weather?
snow-philadelphians.jpg

55621721.jpg

I give the SOB his due. He's aware that PSU is not a monolith enjoying blanket fan support from the readership of the P-N, therefore his endless attacks and snark play well with the half to 60% of his readership (like him) who despise Penn State, and the other 40-to-50% of his readership (the PSU supporters) read him just to get pissed off. When he finally slinks back into the high grass from wherever he came, the next one will copy his style and agenda chapter and verse because it generates clicks, which is the only measurable that matters in his world.

I'm sure he'll find a new job or start a blog so we can still bash him lol

Does anyone actually subscribe to the Patriot?

When asked to clarify if the rumor was true, Davey boy did not want to comment. Championship week column. Championship week column. Championship weak column.

Is it really that hard for a disheveled, no-talent, siht stirrer to start over?

Newspapers are cutting costs due to declining advertising revenue brought about by internet news (and shopping). It’s a business model which has become obsolete. Reporters are lucky just to have a job. No one is going to be paying Jones more money to join a paper in Ohio or elsewhere. If he leaves it’s probably a forced resignation.

Reactions: YorkLion
I'm sure he'll find a new job or start a blog so we can still bash him lol

Does anyone actually subscribe to the Patriot?

Not many anymore. It only publishes 2-3 times a week IIRC. You had a mix of the death of newspapers seen nationally and the Patriot News taking more of a slant over the years abandoning much of its audience.

Jones wrote articles that he knew would rile up Penn State fans (the great majority in the Harrisburg area). He also tapped into the anti PSU crowd. As the state capital there are a lot of Philly and Pittsburgh transplants in the Harrisburg area that never seem to leave now.

Not many anymore. It only publishes 2-3 times a week IIRC. You had a mix of the death of newspapers seen nationally and the Patriot News taking more of a slant over the years abandoning much of its audience.

Jones wrote articles that he knew would rile up Penn State fans (the great majority in the Harrisburg area). He also tapped into the anti PSU crowd. As the state capital there are a lot of Philly and Pittsburgh transplants in the Harrisburg area that never seem to leave now.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I feel like the anti-Jones crowd actually read his articles more than those that didn't hate him (if those people exist haha) based on the links provided.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I feel like the anti-Jones crowd actually read his articles more than those that didn't hate him (if those people exist haha) based on the links provided.

True. ;). Most don’t like him from his snarky articles and agenda stuff like the Franklin to USC rumors.

Growing up in the area you never saw Pittsburgh gear. Now it seems like half of Pittsburgh has relocated here. (IIRC Cumberland county just across the river from Harrisburg is the fastest growing county in the state with Lebanon and Lancaster counties near the top too).

True. ;). Most don’t like him from his snarky articles and agenda stuff like the Franklin to USC rumors.

Growing up in the area you never saw Pittsburgh gear. Now it seems like half of Pittsburgh has relocated here. (IIRC Cumberland county just across the river from Harrisburg is the fastest growing county in the state with Lebanon and Lancaster counties near the top too).

Some of the Pittsburgh gear might just be bandwagon Pens fans :)
But, no, I get your point and it does make sense

Reactions: psu00
When asked to clarify if the rumor was true, Davey boy did not want to comment. Championship week column. Championship week column. Championship weak column.

Good riddance.

This is the guy who claimed to have heard a “graphic account” of the Sandusky Victim 2 shower incident 3 months before McQueary even came forward, then lied to Scott Paterno by claiming Joe had covered it up. (He had actually heard about the 98 incident, which was fully investigated by authorities, but no charges were brought because the boy ardently defended Sandusky)

David Jones may be the individual most responsible for the whole “Penn State Scandal”, though admittedly Andrew Shubin and Mike Gillum are also up there.

I’d still like to know how the OP “heard” about it. As we know from Gunnie, the voices inside one’s head aren’t accurate.

Newspapers are cutting costs due to declining advertising revenue brought about by internet news (and shopping). It’s a business model which has become obsolete. Reporters are lucky just to have a job. No one is going to be paying Jones more money to join a paper in Ohio or elsewhere. If he leaves it’s probably a forced resignation.

Internet news = oxymoron.

So if Jones isn’t getting canned does that invalidate all these pithy comments?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT