ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor has it that the Patriot News is moving on from Dave Jones after this year

True. ;). Most don’t like him from his snarky articles and agenda stuff like the Franklin to USC rumors.

Growing up in the area you never saw Pittsburgh gear. Now it seems like half of Pittsburgh has relocated here. (IIRC Cumberland county just across the river from Harrisburg is the fastest growing county in the state with Lebanon and Lancaster counties near the top too).

Well, once Pittsburgh enjoyed a bit of a revival, the bit grads couldn’t afford to live there anymore.

Good list. I really got the mental picture on this one.

04b3f5144f4441f187109d566c020687.jpg
Uh, no.... it's a tuba player that does it....

Reactions: royboy
I'm disappointed for him. After all that time and he still couldn't type out a good article. Monkeys have better luck.

ESPiN heard his latest question to Franklin and liked it, so they offered him a job. They feel he will fit right in with the culture there and will go after Franklin at some point to cost him his job and ruin his legacy.

Good point; usually the tuba player, but sometimes a celebrity (Woody Hayes, Earle Bruce) and sometimes the drum major.

th
The drum major leads the tuba (actually a sousaphone) player (or designated celebrity) to the spot. He doesn't dot the I. I have a fair number of friends who were in the band....

The picture you are showing is part of the pre-game--a la the Blue Band's drum major flip.

The drum major leads the tuba (actually a sousaphone) player (or designated celebrity) to the spot. He doesn't dot the I. I have a fair number of friends who were in the band....

The picture you are showing is part of the pre-game--a la the Blue Band's drum major flip.

You know way more about "dotting the I" than I like. I'm keeping an eye on you.;)

Was always morbidly interested in their (DJ and Flounders') post-game videos where they would smirk and giggle at every PSU failing or challenge. I don't need or want cheerleaders to be covering the team but their efforts to seemingly go out of their way to antagonize the fan base always amazed me. Some of his analysis-based articles were well written and thought out but overall, he seemed to troll the program. Flounders is simply incompetent and shouldn't be up-front face or content provider for any publication. He should be covering local high school sports at best.

I suppose part of my issue also is that I'd trade places with both of them (except the living in Harrisburg part). They both seemed to give off a 'hate my lot in life' vibe while covering our team and program. That negativity was prevalent in everything they did as a 'team.'

Reactions: odshowtime
I cancelled the Patriot years ago because of Jones and Flounders. Could never understand why so - called beat writers would trash the home school they were supposed to cover.
Flounders did it while at The Easton Express. He was a real prick about it.

Has any person ever signed up for or retained a Patriot News subscription because of Mr. Jones? I dare say not. Has any person ever cancelled a subscription because of him? Almost undoubtedly. Hard to believe he's still around.

There are idiots who think Uncle Fudd is objective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT