ADVERTISEMENT

'Rockford Files' marathon today on

A young James Woods is in the episode on now. A young Lindsay Wagner was in the previous one. Lindsay is fairgambit's kind of girl. Somebody pick up the flag, please.:)

244b823dc882043b9de8e71a7db0ef81.jpg

All Rockford episodes are available on Hulu. Next in my queue after I get through Route 66, a hugely underrated series from the 60s.

Reactions: artsandletters
Are all Green Acres episodes available on Hulu I wonder? The ultimate would be WKRP, but the record industry won't allow it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nittany dave
George Maharis and ? Martin Milner (had to look it up)
Yes. Milner as a very young man before Adam 12. The show was the first TV show filmed entirely on location all over the US. Few episodes in fact take place on Route 66. A lot of young, before-they-were-famous actors like Robert Duval, James Caan, Robert Redford and Martin Sheen. Ran from 1960 to 1963. The travel in a C1 Corvette.

Are all Green Acres episodes available on Hulu I wonder? The ultimate would be WKRP, but the record industry won't all it.
WKRP is on Hulu. Green Acres is not.

Hulu has stepped up their game with original programming as well. Handmaid's Tale and Chance are two really good shows.

WKRP is on Hulu. Green Acres is not.

Hulu has stepped up their game with original programming as well. Handmaid's Tale and Chance are two really good shows.
I think the wkrp has music dubbed in or out of it. Which is why there are no dvd's.

I think the wkrp has music dubbed in or out of it. Which is why there are no dvd's.
One of my favorite all time TV shows, Frank's Place, never made it to DVD for that exact reason. It was only one season and the music royalties made it cost prohibitive. That was the show Tim Reid did in 1987 after WKRP. Great writing and great characters. Also created by Hugh Wilson.

Yes. Milner as a very young man before Adam 12. The show was the first TV show filmed entirely on location all over the US. Few episodes in fact take place on Route 66. A lot of young, before-they-were-famous actors like Robert Duval, James Caan, Robert Redford and Martin Sheen. Ran from 1960 to 1963. The travel in a C1 Corvette.
I watched it back then when my dad let me.

Never watched Rockford when it was originally televised. In 1982, I had ideopathic cardio myopathy. [No you don't have to be an idiot to contract it.] I was in the hospital for a month. Every day I would watch the morning news, go for tests and/or read 'til lunch, watch the noon news, go for tests and/ or read 'til 4 PM when reruns of the Rockford Files would come on. I enjoyed them tremendously - Rockford's banter. It also was the end of another day and family and friends were coming to visit it.

One of my favorite all time TV shows, Frank's Place, never made it to DVD for that exact reason. It was only one season and the music royalties made it cost prohibitive. That was the show Tim Reid did in 1987 after WKRP. Great writing and great characters. Also created by Hugh Wilson.
Didn't he run a diner?

Rockford is the not quite smart enough guy who always seems to get used by the women who hire him.

He's a flawed, sympathetic, downtrodden, heroic character. After all Rockford has experienced, he's still a romantic idealist at heart. I love the character.
Jim got injured quite a bit doing the show. He was treated badly during the series and told to get lost when the medical bills and disabilities started adding up. After a protracted legal wrangle he actually received a large settlement from the studio.
I think the character he played on the show was probably close to the real James Garner.

Jim got injured quite a bit doing the show. He was treated badly during the series and told to get lost when the medical bills and disabilities started adding up. After a protracted legal wrangle he actually received a large settlement from the studio.
I think the character he played on the show was probably close to the real James Garner.
Yeah, I've read about that. Jim had bad knees from his Oklahoma days. You can see that when he's running during the show. Btw, the Firebirds were the base model but with the souped up, premium engine and suspension. Jim was an excellent driver (the movie Grand Prix).

Reactions: 83wuzme
A golf buddy Mike Post (Theme from Rockford Files, Magnam and quite a few others) was friends with Jim and only had good things to say. He'd second your thoughts on the real James Garner.

Reactions: artsandletters
I looked up Shelley when I saw her in the episode. She's 73 now and hasn't aged well. I guess it's due to an illness she had. In 2000 she received a liver transplant.
Shelley was on the series Coach with Craig Nelson in the early 90's. I am surprised she is 73 because back then, she appeared to be around 40.

Shelley was on the series Coach with Craig Nelson in the early 90's. I am surprised she is 73 because back then, she appeared to be around 40.
Born January 19, 1944 in Santa Monica. Coincidentally, I think Santa Monica is where Rockford's trailer was parked, or supposed to be parked, near the pier.

A golf buddy Mike Post (Theme from Rockford Files, Magnam and quite a few others) was friends with Jim and only had good things to say. He'd second your thoughts on the real James Garner.
Mike Post was the best at what he did. Some great show themes. He was a neighbor in La Costa, although I never met him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT