ADVERTISEMENT

Roberson

Clifford is not healthy, no way he is 100% healthy based on what we saw in the Illinois game.

Last week, Franklin said he would sit down with each of the Quarterbacks and talk about their role and expectations for the Illinois game. My belief is that Franklin may have told Roberson that he does not have what it takes to be a QB at Penn State.
There is absolutely no way a coach would tell a player that during the football season. Especially given that Roberson is a critical link to gaining that important "sixth win" to become bowl eligible. I get the sense that Frankiln has lost this locker room and we are going to watch things fall apart these next five weeks. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Given the fact that Roberson is a run first dual threat with a very similar skillset to Trace McSorley, it is surprising he didn't hit the portal after MY was hired. He lacks the skills to operate in the current offense. Why he was the 2nd string QB is the big question. The next big question is why didn't Franklin bring in a transfer. They were there.

Clifford is not healthy, no way he is 100% healthy based on what we saw in the Illinois game.

Last week, Franklin said he would sit down with each of the Quarterbacks and talk about their role and expectations for the Illinois game. My belief is that Franklin may have told Roberson that he does not have what it takes to be a QB at Penn State.
Maybe he quit because he saw CJF spit on the sideline.

Clifford coming back to the bench in the 3rd quarter during the OSU game and Franklin yelling “SIT DOWN ROBERSON! Cliff still gives is the best chance to win”

1653223-B-BA0-F-419-D-B7-A0-35296-B6-B23-DC.jpg

No way he does that mid season with the starting QB so banged up he couldn’t practice. Just . No. Way.

In JoePa speak "Roberson's got hurt feelings".

No need to worry......PSU has been saving Mason Stahl all season to surprise the Buckeyes.

Last edited:
It's going to be harder for Franklin to retain depth at QB with his track record displaying reticence playing backups and developing depth. Roberson has been with the program for 3 years and is incapable of playing? Didn't Purdue play 3 QBs against Iowa? I like and respect Franklin but his penchant for sticking with the starter at all costs seems extreme. It was the same with McSorley.

So what do you think transpired from Thursday to Tuesday that would make Roberson not show up for practice and potentially choose to enter the transfer portal? You don't think Franklin and the coaching staff had some tough discussions with Roberson? Come on here, this is a business, this is not 'lets hold hands and sing songs together'.
So you think a head coach with a struggling offense, a badly banged up starter, about to face one of the toughest teams in all of college football is gonna tell his top back up QB that he just doesn’t have what it takes? Seriously?

Now maybe they moved Veilleux ahead of him and he saw the French writing on the wall. Still stupid to bail now as he would still have a better chance of playing this season and redeeming his pitiful display in Iowa.

Maybe he has disciplinary issues. Or Academic. Or tested positive for the Wuhan virus. Or has a hangnail. But no coach told him he doesn’t have what it takes.

Last edited:
It's going to be harder for Franklin to retain depth at QB with his track record displaying reticence playing backups and developing depth. Roberson has been with the program for 3 years and is incapable of playing? Didn't Purdue play 3 QBs against Iowa? I like and respect Franklin but his penchant for sticking with the starter at all costs seems extreme. It was the same with McSorley.
I think the problem is QB recruiting more than playing backups

Possibly the product of having a former QB as HC?

Or it could be that he saw the writing on the wall in terms of how QB2 is regarded in Franklin’s program.
But even so, he’s still one hit away from playing. If he wants to transfer, great but you don’t bail when you’re that close….it’s called being a quitter. And you also must be forgetting that the backup QB got a starting role last year after the starter got benched….I know, that was such a long time ago that it’s tough for you to remember.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Did you not watch them last year? He benched the starter. But keep sticking with your story.

Stevens and Levis got to play a good bit and not just in garbage time. If Roberson had any skills then he might have played more.

But even so, he’s still one hit away from playing. If he wants to transfer, great but you don’t bail when you’re that close….it’s called being a quitter.
Do you realize that you're the only poster in this thread engaging in emotionally-unhinged shameless speculation?

Maybe we’re reading into it a bit too much that TR wasn’t at one practice. Maybe he was sick, needed to study for a test he needed to maintain eligibility, etc. If Villauex or whatever his name is can throw a deep ball, maybe we can beat Ohio State by just chucking it deep every play.

Spot on sir!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT