ADVERTISEMENT

Roberson

It started with Stevens getting dicked over, and snowballed from there. First he was obsessed with McSorley, now Clifford, and kids are smart enough to see what the deal is.
I do not like the way Franklin has handled this QB room. But there was good reason he was obsessed with McSorley, he was really pretty damn good and Stevens didn't get dicked over. If anyone has a complaint it would be Levis and Roberson.

Hackenberg could not do a damn thing with or without an offensive line. We could have 10 offensive linemen in front of him and it wouldn’t make any difference.

Our OL, the Jets OL, the AAF OL, didn’t matter. He was stubborn, uncoachable, and he and his father knew so much more than anybody else.
And he had a completion percentage of 52% with 11 TD’s and 8 INT’s and a QB rating of 76 and a record of 7-5 in high school. I guess Fork Union had a bad OLine as well.

• Love
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
And he had a completion percentage of 52% with 11 TD’s and 8 INT’s and a QB rating of 76 and a record of 7-5 in high school. I guess Fork Union had a bad OLine as well.
What was his competition like in HS?
Did you see him in that Army All Star game? It was a harbinger of things to come.

It's going to be harder for Franklin to retain depth at QB with his track record displaying reticence playing backups and developing depth. Roberson has been with the program for 3 years and is incapable of playing? Didn't Purdue play 3 QBs against Iowa? I like and respect Franklin but his penchant for sticking with the starter at all costs seems extreme. It was the same with McSorley.
Do you mean his “track record” of developing two backups who left and immediately started at other programs?🙄

Welcome to the transfer portal era, Karen.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
I think the problem is QB recruiting more than playing backups

The rotation of OC’s over the past 5 years has played a far bigger role than recruiting. The 1 and 2 year OCs have hurt player development. Roberson has had 3 OC’c past 3 years. Clifford has had 4 in 5 years. We lost 2-4 QB’s last 2 years to portal. Roberson was recruited to play in an RPO offense. We don’t run RPO anymore.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The rotation of OC’s over the past 5 years has played a far bigger role than recruiting. The 1 and 2 year OCs have hurt player development. Roberson has had 3 OC’c past 3 years. Clifford has had 4 in 5 years. We lost 2-4 QB’s last 2 years to portal. Roberson was recruited to play in an RPO offense. We don’t run RPO anymore.
Actually, they do run RPO now.
Roberson was recruited to run read option.

Ok, now do the same thing with Alabama.
Fact is Roberson could have had JoMO for all three years here and he still would t be ready. There have been plenty of reports from insiders saying he doesn’t prepare well and doesn’t take his role as a back up seriously.

I’ll agree with you if Roberson, Bowens and Johnson develop at their new teams. All three of these guys were a reach to be the starting QB with a top 25 team

Reactions: BBrown
I’ll agree with you if Roberson, Bowens and Johnson develop at their new teams. All three of these guys were a reach to be the starting QB with a top 25 team
All 3 of these guys we not even close to the teams #1 choice of QB in that cycle. Heck, many said they took MJJ because they thought they could talk him in to playing WR after a year or two. To be honest I think Cliff was the last top target they actually got at that position.

Hackenberg could not do a damn thing with or without an offensive line. We could have 10 offensive linemen in front of him and it wouldn’t make any difference.

Our OL, the Jets OL, the AAF OL, didn’t matter. He was stubborn, uncoachable, and he and his father knew so much more than anybody else.

Yet he set a bunch of QB passing records.

Actually, they do run RPO now.
Roberson was recruited to run read option.

LOL. With Trace we ran both. MY will run the QB a little, he did that at Texas. Right not with Clifford being dinged up I suspect he will put running the QB away for the rest of the season unless it is a free lance run by Clifford.

LOL. With Trace we ran both. MY will run the QB a little, he did that at Texas. Right not with Clifford being dinged up I suspect he will put running the QB away for the rest of the season unless it is a free lance run by Clifford.
The Moorhead/Rahne offense was read option. At the mesh point, Trace gave the ball to the RB or kept it himself based on what the unblocked DE did.

Yurcich’s offense does not do that. QB hands the ball off to the RB or throws a pass. If the QB runs, it’s because there isn’t an open receiver to throw to, or it was a designed QB draw.

LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT