ADVERTISEMENT

Roberson

kevin-w

Oct 27, 2006
I see this kid was a 4 star recruit. Some teams don't see many 4 stars. How has the coaching staff failed so badly he can't even serve as a competent backup?

I see this kid was a 4 star recruit. Some teams don't see many 4 stars. How has the coaching staff failed so badly he can't even serve as a competent backup?
We have the only coaching staff in the world that has a highly ranked recruit not work out. Some of you people live in fantasy land.

We have the only coaching staff in the world that has a highly ranked recruit not work out. Some of you people live in fantasy land.
The kid couldn't even get off a snap in Iowa. He was a backup to a qb that couldn't move. I'm not saying he needs to be a star, just serviceable.

Reactions: psu00
IMO this is more on the recruiting services that ranked this kid as a 4*. We've seen this countless times. Just because they look good on a 7-7 drill in shorts doesn't mean it translates to games. Rivals puts way too much emphasis on their camps.
But and here it comes.... Franklin and staff still recruited him so....

IMO this is more on the recruiting services that ranked this kid as a 4*. We've seen this countless times. Just because they look good on a 7-7 drill in shorts doesn't mean it translates to games. Rivals puts way too much emphasis on their camps.
But and here it comes.... Franklin and staff still recruited him so....
And no other coach ever recruits a kid that doesn’t work out? Wow, I did not know that.

He has more than most. He has no eye for talent… he thought a Slade was better than Sanders.

He has more than most. He has no eye for talent… he thought a Slade was better than Sanders.
giphy.gif

Obviously, we don't see practice so it's all conjecture. But there is something seriously wrong in that qb room.

Reactions: BBrown
Did anyone see TR on Saturday during warm-ups? Is there a chance he got injured in practice before the game, hence why Sean had to play?

Reactions: step.eng69
Roberson was Franklin's vision of a Trace McSorley replacement. They are pretty close to the same size. But then ...
  1. The offense changed. It's no longer all about the read-option run. The Yurcich offense is served better by a more traditional pro-style quarterback -- tall, strong arm, able to see and exploit the entire field.
  2. The offense drifted towards being even more pass-oriented, because we can't run. Nothing has changed on how we (do not) develop offensive linemen.
  3. As usual, the backup (now Roberson) has almost no playing time. He was put in a tough, unfamiliar situation in Iowa -- like parents sending a grade school kid immediately to high school. I would blame the parents.

Roberson was Franklin's vision of a Trace McSorley replacement. They are pretty close to the same size. But then ...
  1. The offense changed. It's no longer all about the read-option run. The Yurcich offense is served better by a more traditional pro-style quarterback -- tall, strong arm, able to see and exploit the entire field.
  2. The offense drifted towards being even more pass-oriented, because we can't run. Nothing has changed on how we (do not) develop offensive linemen.
  3. As usual, the backup (now Roberson) has almost no playing time. He was put in a tough, unfamiliar situation in Iowa -- like parents sending a grade school kid immediately to high school. I would blame the parents.
Or maybe it just turned out he wasn’t very good and his ranking was wrong….just a thought.

You’re the one who threw it on Franklin that a recruit didn’t work out as if it never happens anywhere else. When you post stupid things, you’re going to get called out for it.
Oh good Lord just stop. Stop being disingenuous. You know exactly what I meant. And yea when YOU post stupid shit I will surely call YOU out on it.

Reactions: Psugo823
Oh good Lord just stop. Stop being disingenuous. You know exactly what I meant. And yea when YOU post stupid shit I will surely call YOU out on it.
You have to put in the disclaimer that I knew what you meant, but I’m the guy posting stupid shit….interesting take.

You have to put in the disclaimer that I knew what you meant, but I’m the guy posting stupid shit….interesting take.
I say that because you are not new here. You and I have a long history of posting and you know exactly what my feelings are of Franklin and this program and recruiting. So yea just stop looking for a fight where there wasn't one to begin with.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I say that because you are not new here. You and I have a long history of posting and you know exactly what my feelings are of Franklin and this program and recruiting. So yea just stop looking for a fight where there wasn't one to begin with.
I just got a text from a fellow alum and it seems there's smoke on another site. That's if the screen shot he got sent was real.

Did anyone see TR on Saturday during warm-ups? Is there a chance he got injured in practice before the game, hence why Sean had to play?
Yep. Watched alot when they were in sweats around 11 AM and TR looked fine during passing drills. He didn’t put a ton of zip on the ball, but that time is as much about getting loose as anything else so not a good barometer.

The issues are as outlined by KnightWhoSaysNit. He was recruited as running QB for the old offense. If Allar and Pribula commit TR would portal out, IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT