ADVERTISEMENT

Roberson enters portal tomorrow

Yes it is.
I can't imagine he could be worse than what we saw. I know that's a possibility , but I still just can't imagine it. To make x amount of Millions and coach like that.......coaching =F . Who here doesn't think so?

Put him and Ferentz in a van and leave them in Gettysburg battlefield at 2 am and leave them with headcams and call the livestream Training Day of the Remember the Corn Maze of the Titans

IMHO

if he couldn’t be a better option than a 30 percent Clifford he needs to head to IUP
You may be right but too early to call. Supposedly there were some very candid conversations this week and it wouldn’t surprise me if a conversation of “you don’t have what it takes to play here” did occur. I was surprised that Clifford was forced into the starting QB role today when he was visibly hurt.

If these guys aren't good enough to sit down SC with limited capacity, where do you suspect our backups are going portal wise? The clamor for poor QBs is low.

Ok, so let's say that Roberson is just not an option for whatever reason. What about the 3rd string QB? We looked so bad today that I don't even understand how this team defeated Indiana.
I have heard that Veilleux is still learning the playbook and has significant accuracy concerns at this point in time. He is a true Freshman whose senior year football season was cancelled IIRC. I never expected him to get any playing time this year because of his inexperience. The issue is with Roberson and his lack of development.

I can't imagine he could be worse than what we saw. I know that's a possibility , but I still just can't imagine it. To make x amount of Millions and coach like that.......coaching =F . Who here doesn't think so?

you did watch the Iowa game right? Roberson looked like an 8 year old in there, although it was in a difficult situation.

Considering Clifford's injury, why didn't Roberson make it an obvious choice for playing time? Instead, the coaches would be deemed wrong regardless of who they started. In this case, SC is ineffective and one-dimensional...in the other case what if Roberson or Veilleux threw an interception or two, which Clifford DIDN'T do, thereby making the situation even worse? In contrast, Caleb Williams made his own case at OU and Rattler wasn't even injured.

Reactions: lazydave841
Considering Clifford's injury, why didn't Roberson make it an obvious choice for playing time? Instead, the coaches would be deemed wrong regardless of who they started. In this case, SC is ineffective and one-dimensional...in the other case what if Roberson or Veilleux threw an interception or two, which Clifford DIDN'T do, thereby making the situation even worse? In contrast, Caleb Williams made his own case at OU and Rattler wasn't even injured.
Did your post have a primary message? If so, what was it?

You’re all over the road.

Reactions: aworsnup
the current offense is much worse than what we fielded last year. one of the options we had last year was Levis runs on short yardage. maybe we use Warren more like we used Levis.

you did watch the Iowa game right? Roberson looked like an 8 year old in there, although it was in a difficult situation.
I just have a hunch about this coaching staff. We lost our #2 who is playing well in the SEC. Loyalty doesn't have to be to only one player. I propose this coaching staff was too loyal to one QB. I don't care who's name you put in at that QB spot. I do flaw their system. These results and our situation at QB make me the master of the captain obvious armchair coach. But who can deny that is what happened . SOmeone has to be held accountable. I own a business and the buck ALWAYS stops with me.

We cannot reliably get 2-4 yards on running plays this year. I think this year’s running game is one of the worst, if not the worst, I have ever seen Penn State field.
That is the problem with this year's offense, they cannot run the ball. Against a bad Illiois team, if they could have run for 200 yards, PSU wins by 14 points and would have gotten by with an injured Clifford at QB.

I think the continual turmoil involving the offensive coaching staff has something to do with this. Maybe that’s why so many of our players, especially OL’s, don’t seem to develop. Three different OC’s in three years is also never a good thing.

Reactions: psu1969a
That is the problem with this year's offense, they cannot run the ball. Against a bad Illiois team, if they could have run for 200 yards, PSU wins by 14 points and would have gotten by with an injured Clifford at QB.
It does not seem to be a priority in this offensive system.

Did your post have a primary message? If so, what was it?

You’re all over the road.
You are desperate for an argument LOL...very entertaining.

Concerning the content of my post, my point was clear...considering Clifford's injury, Roberson could have instilled enough confidence in the coaches to remove all doubt that he should start. Apparently that didn't happen, and thus the coaches therefore were forced to make a difficult decision instead of an easy one.

You are desperate for an argument LOL...very entertaining.

Concerning the content of my post, my point was clear...considering Clifford's injury, Roberson could have instilled enough confidence in the coaches to remove all doubt that he should start. Apparently that didn't happen, and thus the coaches therefore were forced to make a difficult decision instead of an easy one.
Are you an aspiring attorney? You use far more words than necessary to complete your meandering thoughts.

I like your style and memory. How many board names do.you.have?

Congrats on Pick’Em. You’re doing really well

Only name change I've done is from djr4rebs after being unable to recover my password. Don't play pick em.

Speaking of Rattler……

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
To sum this thread up Franklin and staff can’t develop QBs, or any position. Look at Hack and Clifford. Hell, Stevens and Levis really improved after leaving the system.

Reactions: BW Lion
To sum this thread up Franklin and staff can’t develop QBs, or any position. Look at Hack and Clifford. Hell, Stevens and Levis really improved after leaving the system.

Stevens? Really? He improved so much that the OC turned HC he followed benched him for a true freshman.

Levis isn't exactly lighting up the QB world yet either. He's been key, but he's also been limited.

1) There seems to be a large disconnect between recruiting rankings and what actually transpires with those recruits. 2) Clifford should never have been in uniform yesterday. I don't know the inner workings of the team and staff, but he should have been in street clothes regardless of the situation with the back-up quarterbacks.

1) There seems to be a large disconnect between recruiting rankings and what actually transpires with those recruits. 2) Clifford should never have been in uniform yesterday. I don't know the inner workings of the team and staff, but he should have been in street clothes regardless of the situation with the back-up quarterbacks.
Don't know how Clifford is feeling after this game, but it's possible whatever chance we had to beat Ohio State was lost by aggravating Clifford's existing injury. Ugh.

It’s been clear that the CJF staff, including the HC himself, has been bad at evaluating HS QB talent except for maybe for Fields who bailed before signing day. They also appear to be very bad at developing what QB talent they have. I have seen many teams with a 3* or less QB look far more competent than what CJF has put on the field. SC seems to me like he should have been a much better college QB relative to his hype coming out of HS. Trace is the only one who seemed to play at or above his level of expectations, although I think he was a perfect fit for JoMo’s offense and it had more to do with Trace himself rather than the QB coaching he received. Allar could be the next one to bail before signing day. Why go to a team that has a bad track record for coaching up QB’s?

Everyone knew going into this year that Roberson was misfit for this offense. I am shocked he didn't leave with Bowen and Johnson. Furthermore, I am shocked we didn't bring in one of several mobile pro-style QBs that were available in the portal because Franklin had to have known that Roberson couldn't play in this offense. Personally, I think we need to throw CV out there next week against Ohio State running the most conservative game plan we can muster to get Clifford as healthy as he can be for Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT