ADVERTISEMENT

RIP--colorful ex-Eagle, actor Tim Rossovich

I’m just guessing here, but perhaps eating glass as part of his regular diet may have contributed to his demise.

He appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated many years ago and the article stated that while he was at USC he was found standing outside on a small ledge of a high rise building naked. Obviously, his naked presence on the ledge drew a large crowd believing that someone was suicidal. As it turned out, he explained that he had taken a shower and couldn't find a towel to dry off so he went out on the ledge naked to air dry. He was a colorful guy long before it was popular to act in that manner. The guy certainly loved life.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I was shocked when the Eagles moved him from DE to MLB as a kid. Played pretty well at MLB

He said in an article he would sleep with his head facing north for energy or something to do with the effect of magnetic poles.

I never met him, but heard some stories... he’s a cousin by marriage to my mother in law (he married my mother in law’s cousin).

I drank with Rossovich and the football player Bill Bradley at the Bryn Mawr Ale House one long afternoon long ago. Yes, he ate a glass upon request. I just kinda looked at him, mid-glass, thinking much like I do about existence - Why?.

Bill Bradley was a good safety. Not much mention of him anymore as one of the Eagles' all time greats.

Reactions: sluggo72
Bill Bradley was a good safety. Not much mention of him anymore as one of the Eagles' all time greats.
He was a good safety. I think he is overlooked mostly because he played on some really bad Eagle teams. We were a bad football team before Vermeil changed the whole mindset of Philadelphia football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT