ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball REPORT: Penn State, Mike Rhoades come to agreement

John Wayne Agree GIF by GritTV

@Dylan Callaghan-Croley - If he finds another guy to score as much as Johns, we’re in luck. ;)

“This past offseason, Rhoades landed both three-star point guard
Zeb Jackson and power forward
Brandon Johns. Johns was one of Ram's top players this past season averaging 111.6 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game while Jackson had a smaller role, averaging 5.2 points, 1.5 rebounds, and 1.7 assists a game.”

@Dylan Callaghan-Croley - If he finds another guy to score as much as Johns, we’re in luck. ;)

“This past offseason, Rhoades landed both three-star point guard
Zeb Jackson and power forward
Brandon Johns. Johns was one of Ram's top players this past season averaging 111.6 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game while Jackson had a smaller role, averaging 5.2 points, 1.5 rebounds, and 1.7 assists a game.”
LOL, thanks for catching that.

It will be interesting to see who performs better over the long-term between Rhoades and Shrewsbery. It is also interesting that Rhoades and Franklin have commonality in terms of being PA natives and playing at small schools. I hope Rhoades keeps the momentum going. It was nice to get into bball again! I almost forgot how much I enjoy the college game.

It will be interesting to see who performs better over the long-term between Rhoades and Shrewsbery. It is also interesting that Rhoades and Franklin have commonality in terms of being PA natives and playing at small schools. I hope Rhoades keeps the momentum going. It was nice to get into bball again! I almost forgot how much I enjoy the college game.
I would bet on Rhoades being better over the long term

I kind of don't understand why ND would have had Shrewsberry above him. Not complaining though

All Rhoades lead back to central PA

I would bet on Rhoades being better over the long term

I kind of don't understand why ND would have had Shrewsberry above him. Not complaining though
Here we go again. Talk up the new guy by talking down the old guy. Like I said I hope he's successful but this is NOT a Splash hire.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Here we go again. Talk up the new guy by talking down the old guy. Like I said I hope he's successful but this is NOT a Splash hire.
The post is really not doing either of those things. I don't understand why ND had Shrewsberry ahead of a lot of people, either; e.g., McDermott from Creighton

Last edited:
Interesting scoop from Dave Jones…

“It is expected Rhoades will bring several members of his VCU staff with him. But also confirmed as an assistant is Rowan head coach and former PSU star Joe Crispin.”

“It is expected Rhoades will bring several members of his VCU staff with him. But also confirmed as an assistant is Rowan head coach and former PSU star Joe Crispin.”
Not a bad idea but well see how things play out

Reactions: hlstone

well now we know the style of play he is going for

if you are across half-court and get the ball, then shoot

Reactions: Parkland Fan
What’s funny is I wanted us to grab an assistant coach from Rowan for a while, but it was Giannini.

Happy for Joe and Erin that they get to head back to State College. State College High School also gets a nice replacement for Shrewsberry.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Minor point of order but Mahanoy City is not "Central PA." Look at a map.

Best to Rhoadsie. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Minor point of order but Mahanoy City is not "Central PA." Look at a map.

Best to Rhoadsie. Good luck, you're going to need it.
It’s also not really a city, either. More people may live in my neighborhood that that city. :) That coal region has become so depopulated it really boggles the mind. I wonder why we as a country do not take our immigrants and refuges to areas like Schuylkill county to try to repopulate the area. Some of those towns up there will become ghost towns. Heck, why not take the Ukrainians into places like that.

It’s also not really a city, either. More people may live in my neighborhood that that city. :) That coal region has become so depopulated it really boggles the mind. I wonder why we as a country do not take our immigrants and refuges to areas like Schuylkill county to try to repopulate the area. Some of those towns up there will become ghost towns. Heck, why not take the Ukrainians into places like that.
Because all the jobs are in China……

I grew up over there, I feel ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT