ADVERTISEMENT

Renteria out at Nebbie

a_mshaffer

Dec 8, 2014
will be interesting how this plays out. Looks like he can't go to a B10 school immediately. Some folks on HR say he is heading to NoCaro to be with Ramos.

Seems like it's been a bit of a bumpy road for both Renteria and Mejia since getting recruited over at Iowa.

Sounds like a 141 pounder. Did he redshirt? If not the transfer shouldn't be a worry

He has not redshirted they wrestled him as a true freshman last year so would think could go any place in big ten and sit out and still have 3 years after he redshirts.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
With his redshirt year it looks like he could go anywhere including the Big 10 and just redshirt his first year but from what I’ve read the scholarship $ is the issue. If he went to a Big 10 school he couldn’t be on a scholarship his first year which I would think would prohibit most from going that route. Not entirely sure if that is accurate but it does make some sense.

this kid should borrrow the nickname wrestling nomad from the wrestling nomad

kid seems to want to be anywhere but where he was the day before.

Reactions: Crunched
Isn't it a bit silly to pretend the Big10 has any intra-conference transfer restrictions? If he is going to wrestle 141, Rutgers I am sure has plenty of full rides for intra-conference transfers. On top of that I don't think his skill set has been developed past the Rutgers' level so he should not regress.

He had trouble making weight all season and if he stayed he can't beat Red at 141#

Typical Brands over recruiting guys. This is why lightweight recruits shouldn't go to Iowa.

I find it hilarious that the "educated" posters on HR always want these wayward wrestlers without question. Lugo, Downey, DeSanto and now Renteria. Atleast two that have had issues looming and they hated them before they loved them. There is no room at the inn for Renteria but hey what the heck, the hell with loyalty to our recruits. Before the wild comparison to Kuhn and Keener is made they are not of like situation. One lost his team and the other graduated and they did not replace a recruited scholarship guy.

I find it hilarious that the "educated" posters on HR always want these wayward wrestlers without question. Lugo, Downey, DeSanto and now Renteria. Atleast two that have had issues looming and they hated them before they loved them. There is no room at the inn for Renteria but hey what the heck, the hell with loyalty to our recruits. Before the wild comparison to Kuhn and Keener is made they are not of like situation. One lost his team and the other graduated and they did not replace a recruited scholarship guy.

Keener seems more and more to just be the first off the CMU island and not the hired mercenary that was made of him last off season. Once word got back that there is life off the island they started leaving in mass.....

something not right up there

Reactions: Fatmarc
You come up with that by yourself?

No. It's just the kind of ridiculousness you find on HR that they say about Cael so I figured why not? I'm sure HR reads this board so it'll probably piss them off even if it's nonsense. The only difference is that I admit it's just nonsense while they believe this kind of shit.

No. It's just the kind of ridiculousness you find on HR that they say about Cael so I figured why not? I'm sure HR reads this board so it'll probably piss them off even if it's nonsense. The only difference is that I admit it's just nonsense while they believe this kind of shit.

I do like the sweeping generalizations in this post. So we can assume everyone on this board is a jackwagon because you are? I think that is pretty misguided because this board isn't like that.

Typical Brands over recruiting guys. This is why lightweight recruits shouldn't go to Iowa.
The last thing you'll ever see me doing is defending the Sqwawkers and their legions, but you kind of have to admit that in the lightweight department they are almost second to none.

In fact, since 1999, only Minnesota has more AA's at 125, they're tied for first with OK State at 133, third at 141, and first at 149.

So, yeah, maybe they "over recruit," but it does seem to work.

The last thing you'll ever see me doing is defending the Sqwawkers and their legions, but you kind of have to admit that in the lightweight department they are almost second to none.

In fact, since 1999, only Minnesota has more AA's at 125, they're tied for first with OK State at 133, third at 141, and first at 149.

So, yeah, maybe they "over recruit," but it does seem to work.

Yeah man, I know they are fantastic at developing lightweight guys.

I do like the sweeping generalizations in this post. So we can assume everyone on this board is a jackwagon because you are? I think that is pretty misguided because this board isn't like that.

You obviously don't read HR and if you do you're blinded by the fact that you are a Hawk fan. Ever since Cael recruited Nevills while Haines was a verbal we've been hearing about it being just another reason Cael is a scumbag for recruiting over Haines.

Last edited:
Reactions: D3wrestler

You got to admit the HR evolving to a single entity is pretty neat. Deity status next maybe?

#theinternethasitsownrules

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
With his redshirt year it looks like he could go anywhere including the Big 10 and just redshirt his first year but from what I’ve read the scholarship $ is the issue. If he went to a Big 10 school he couldn’t be on a scholarship his first year which I would think would prohibit most from going that route. Not entirely sure if that is accurate but it does make some sense.
Not sure but couldn't he go to a school and work out with the wrestling club for one year..

thanks for the clarification, guys leaving Iowa for other parts blur the memory the past couple of years

what was old is new again....

#wheredoesiowagetallthemoney
#mustbeaslushfund
#somebodaybetterlookinto
#complianceofficeatIowadoesitright

#mustbeaslushfund
#somebodaybetterlookinto
LMAO...love the hashtags...at the end of the day who cares if he ends up at Iowa. PSU is set and he wouldn’t crack our lineup nor is he better than RBY or Teas at this point and he has a year of collegiate experience under his belt.

#mustbeaslushfund
#somebodaybetterlookinto
Pretty sure that he is going to Iowa for no money at all because he loves the coaches so much.#NothingToLookAtHere

Reactions: dunkej01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT