ADVERTISEMENT

REALISTIC offensive changes

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
* Its not impossible to improve WR and TE blocking mid-season. HAMMER downfield blocking in every practice, you're running laps all night if you attempt some low effort bs arm block
* This one isn't rocket science, but throw to the long side of the field more often. Even with all our issues, we should be able to outrun most teems if we have space
* The middle of the field exists. Shocking, I know. Our TEs aren't good blockers anyway, slip them out more often and get easy RPO concepts over the middle
* Be more creative with the run game. Mix Power, Duo, Iso, Inside/Outside Zone, and Counter.
*More 11 personnel running plays because right now it makes little sense to run the ball with tight ends who can't block.
*Wildcat with Singleton taking the snap and Allen in the side car in 3rd downs

These are realistic options. I think the only thing Franklin will end up doing is running the ball more and limiting Allar to 20 to 25 throws per game and honestly I would love that.

We ain't beating Michigan regardless of what we do but I think as a fan I would love some changes. Even the freaking Steelers made changes and that was Matt Canada who is even worse than MY.

Reactions: aworsnup
* Its not impossible to improve WR and TE blocking mid-season. HAMMER downfield blocking in every practice, you're running laps all night if you attempt some low effort bs arm block
* This one isn't rocket science, but throw to the long side of the field more often. Even with all our issues, we should be able to outrun most teems if we have space
* The middle of the field exists. Shocking, I know. Our TEs aren't good blockers anyway, slip them out more often and get easy RPO concepts over the middle
* Be more creative with the run game. Mix Power, Duo, Iso, Inside/Outside Zone, and Counter.
*More 11 personnel running plays because right now it makes little sense to run the ball with tight ends who can't block.

These are realistic options. I think the only thing Franklin will end up doing is running the ball more and limiting Allar to 20 to 25 throws per game and honestly I would love that.

We ain't beating Michigan regardless of what we do but I think as a fan I would love some changes. Even the freaking Steelers made changes and that was Matt Canada who is even worse than MY.
Well thought out recommendations. There's nothing there to argue with, IMO. Good job on this.

Yawn. Don't blame me but you asked.

Regardless of what you think about me, read this post

images

Reactions: Washingtonlion

Forget about it. This season is over. All that remains is another loss to Michigan and wins against 4 patsies followed by an invitation to another irrelevant meaningless bowl.

Bragging about never throwing an interception is sad. It shows that you are only trying "safe" plays and that you are not doing enough. No competent manager teaches
"never make a mistake". You learn from your mistakes. Try not to repeat mistakes.
If they don't turn this around, what 5 star QB would be excited about trusting their development to Yurcich.

Reactions: lilromeo
How about pulling your starting QB for a series or two to settle his butt down. JoePa did it with McQuery and Richardson back in 97 (I think) and it seemed to work. McQuery starting hitting receivers. Only problem there though might be that Pribula is no where near the passer that Richardson was.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Bragging about never throwing an interception is sad. It shows that you are only trying "safe" plays and that you are not doing enough. No competent manager teaches
"never make a mistake". You learn from your mistakes. Try not to repeat mistakes.
If they don't turn this around, what 5 star QB would be excited about trusting their development to Yurcich.
Back in the day the big eight used to constantly lead college football pass defense stats. Because no one ever threw passes in that conference.

I’m sure they had a low interception totals too.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Didn’t see Adam’s breakdown and the execution was bad but the play calling was lousy and predictable and did nothing to put a struggling Allar in a position to succeed.

If you watch Adam and Codutti's breakdowns, you will see the blame spread pretty evenly.

1. Yurcich formations seem to give away run/pass
2. Our motions brings defenders into the box, which doomed a lot of our runs.
3. Allar had bad mechanics, played as if the rush was in his face even when it wasn't. It caused a lot of bad throws.
4. Yurcich called 6 games as if we were content to grind out 3 yards every snap. Saturday, we started going down field and never quit.

I'm not sure what needed to be done to settle Allar down. Sometimes, it's just not your day.

If you watch Adam and Codutti's breakdowns, you will see the blame spread pretty evenly.

3. Allar had bad mechanics, played as if the rush was in his face even when it wasn't. It caused a lot of bad throws.
4. Yurcich called 6 games as if we were content to grind out 3 yards every snap. Saturday, we started going down field and never quit.

I'm not sure what needed to be done to settle Allar down. Sometimes, it's just not your day.
He choked. Plain and simple. He has 3 weeks to learn.

Or sometimes you players are inferior to the other team.

Did Adam Lombardi mention that?

Only 1 change needs to be made if you are going to run this offense. Drew has to pull the ball and run sometimes. Maybe it is for 3-5 years every time but he has to show he will pull it. You have to be able to somehow block the 1 person a team leaves outside in case he would ever pull it and go. Right now, even UMass, pinned their ears back and unloaded on out RB's.
Not sure why everyone got so hyped about Allar. We have seen this all play out with Hack. JF just won't allow the offense to not be qb possible run.

Reactions: KCLion
Only 1 change needs to be made if you are going to run this offense. Drew has to pull the ball and run sometimes. Maybe it is for 3-5 years every time but he has to show he will pull it. You have to be able to somehow block the 1 person a team leaves outside in case he would ever pull it and go. Right now, even UMass, pinned their ears back and unloaded on out RB's.
Not sure why everyone got so hyped about Allar. We have seen this all play out with Hack. JF just won't allow the offense to not be qb possible run.
It is not an option if the QB never runs and is not a threat to run

There is a subset of "fans" here who seem to prefer the negative.

Love to say "I told you so" and trash some of the players.

It's a strange way to root for your team.
It's reality. You should try it sometime.

I am posting because I have paid for the right to voice my opinion. If you disagree, don’t read my post. It’s a pretty easy solution.
But you said the season was over, so why bother continuing to post?

Reactions: royboy
Too harsh. One bad game is ONE bad game.
I know it seems like a bad game because they lost but watch the footwork the last month of the season. That’s where Hacks downfall started as well. Poor footwork and no pocket presence leads to inaccurate passes.
I love Allar, but the fact is a JF offense is better suited for a Pribula type qb. Not one person in Columbus on Saturday was scared that drew would run.

Reactions: KCLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT