ADVERTISEMENT

Re-watching Iowa... wow, Herbie's blind

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
That final drive is a thing of beauty... that 4th and 2/3 at the start of the drive where TM guns a laser to the "other" SB is hard to forget.

But we FF to 3rd and goal and Trace's pass to Hamilton is knocked down... giving Herbs the chance to go batshit stupid. According to Herbs, if Hamilton catches the ball he is tackled by THREE iowans and we lose.

GTFOH.

I froze the screen where he would have caught the ball and the ONLY defender with a chance was a DB who might have had the oppty to get there. But #74 was firing straight at the DB and he would have been a non-factor... aka roadkill.

The other iowa defenders were behind the play and had no shot.

EZ TD.

But hey, the last play thing was special cool and I enjoy (even now) re-watching that last drive for the ages. Herbs or not, still a fantastic moment.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I totally agree that batted pass was a TD. I think it was wishful thinking on Herbie's part that the play would have been stopped short of the goal line. Can't think of any other reason he would make that comment, even after I watched the replay of it.

That final drive is a thing of beauty... that 4th and 2/3 at the start of the drive where TM guns a laser to the "other" SB is hard to forget.

But we FF to 3rd and goal and Trace's pass to Hamilton is knocked down... giving Herbs the chance to go batshit stupid. According to Herbs, if Hamilton catches the ball he is tackled by THREE iowans and we lose.

GTFOH.

I froze the screen where he would have caught the ball and the ONLY defender with a chance was a DB who might have had the oppty to get there. But #74 was firing straight at the DB and he would have been a non-factor... aka roadkill.

The other iowa defenders were behind the play and had no shot.

EZ TD.

But hey, the last play thing was special cool and I enjoy (even now) re-watching that last drive for the ages. Herbs or not, still a fantastic moment.
You need to get a life.... why do you (and others) live and die by every word uttered buy these talking heads. There is euphoria when they say something good and the sky is falling or they are the devil incarnate when they say something we don't like or agree with.

You need to get a life.... why do you (and others) live and die by every word uttered buy these talking heads. There is euphoria when they say something good and the sky is falling or they are the devil incarnate when they say something we don't like or agree with.
Totally agree. Your best criticism is disagreement with his opinion after you've spent time studying game tape?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT