ADVERTISEMENT

RBY appreciation thread.

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
I just want to thank RBY for coming back and putting on that PSU singlet for a 5th year. It has been a blessing and a privilege to watch him wrestle and mature before our eyes.

Watching RBY beat Luke Pletcher as a true freshman, out at OSU, was so awesome and it seems like yesterday. His final matches against Dayton Fix were epic.

Last night didn't go as he planned, but it takes nothing away from the joy he brought so many wrestling fans with his speed and finesse. Keep your head up Roman and I know the future's bright in whatever you decide for yourself. Thank you again from a very grateful fan!

Last edited:
RBY wasn't just a wrestler, he was an entertainer. Backflips out of single legs, jumping over the top of wrestlers on their knees, his Ali shuffle on his feet, etc. If everyone wrestled like RBY, wrestling would be a much more popular sport. He is must-watch TV!

Roman, I know you don’t give a flying hoot, but thanks for entertaining us while wearing my school colors.
Just a little nit pick.
Since your message is addressing RBY directly
"wearing my school colors" should read "wearing our school colors". He is blue and white through and through.

It's all in the application.

I finally saw the Flow documentary on RBY, wow, what a man he is already and has been for some time. There are so many things I admire about him but two that stood out are although he said he was nervous on the mat many times, I never saw it. He displays such emotional intelligence for his age. His intellect, situational awareness and adaptation are genius. The other is that he is carrying his family forward, upwards of 30 people, mostly by himself. He is changing the lives of the current and next generation of Bravo's. The access and opportunities he is providing them, through his success and network, is inspiring. I can't wait to watch him continue to excel and give back to those in South Tucson. My fat ass got up and went for a run (very, very slow) after watching his story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT