ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Manville

The Vak

Jan 25, 2002
Manville not going to PSU? That's the word from Christian Pyles on Twitter, and he also posted on Hawkeye Report. This isn't totally unexpected, as I've seen you guys post about it also. Not a lot of room in the line up for him as it stands.

Hey Vak, been ages.
I have no idea if anything has changed, or when that interview with him was made, but he clearly seemed like he was still communicating with Cael about PSU at the time.

Edit: The date of the article was 10/20, that doesn't mean the interview was the same day though.

Last edited:
i think he means for this year.

I thought so too, but then on HR he said that it he was going to the Army WCAP. However his Twitter, while protected, still lists him as a Penn State commit. Maybe the Army WCAP can be used to grey shirt like the OTC? I don't know. Maybe I jumped the gun.

Either way, I still don't see him in the line up until at least his junior year at Penn State.

I'm not the biggest Manville fan, but he'd be an upgrade over Kaleb Young

Disagree on the college level though obviously Mason was better at the HS level. I think Young has a lot of upside due to athleticism. No idea if he reaches it. I think Manville is probably close to maxed out, unlike a guy like Cenzo or Nolf who you could see where his progression could take him to a new level.

He posted nothing on Twitter not that it means anything. I actually like the kid, and even though cracking the lineup would be tough, I wouldn't count him out.

Disagree on the college level though obviously Mason was better at the HS level. I think Young has a lot of upside due to athleticism. No idea if he reaches it. I think Manville is probably close to maxed out, unlike a guy like Cenzo or Nolf who you could see where his progression could take him to a new level.

I agree about Manville, which should tell you what I think of Kaleb Young.

I agree about Manville, which should tell you what I think of Kaleb Young.

It does, and let me be clear, I wasn't trying to say Young could be on the level of Nolf or Cenzo. I reread what I wrote, and saw how it could be misconstrued. I just think he has the upside to AA a couple of times. We'll see.

CP just followed up with this, so looks like you were right, liex. My bad for passing bad info.

Reactions: Maddog
Despite some weird assed beliefs held in Iowa City, Manville will develop into quite the beast wrestling in the Penn State wrestling room. As far as where he will slot, right now who cares and it isn't important.

As far as Young. In HS, and still the difference between Young and someone like Joseph or Kemmere was vast. Young has the DNA that will really respond to college level strength training, he has a very strong work ethic and a huge desire to become very good. Not sure how this Iowa thing works out for the kid, but I believe he made a very good choice in schools and can become quite good.

I want him cause he will only get better..He is already a beast....His brother is even better believe it or not...We NEED his brother too....If Mason does not come chances of his brother are slim...

Despite some weird assed beliefs held in Iowa City, Manville will develop into quite the beast wrestling in the Penn State wrestling room. As far as where he will slot, right now who cares and it isn't important.

As far as Young. In HS, and still the difference between Young and someone like Joseph or Kemmere was vast. Young has the DNA that will really respond to college level strength training, he has a very strong work ethic and a huge desire to become very good. Not sure how this Iowa thing works out for the kid, but I believe he made a very good choice in schools and can become quite good.
Listen...Mason Manville is going to shock you guys...His work ethic is off the charts....He will be even better after a year at the OTC...Bet anyone he comes in and gets a spot with 1st or 2nd year....

Reactions: Sean Harp
Glad to hear, seems like there's been more than 1 false rumor about Mason. Can't wait to see him at PSU.

I'll go back to hoping we land Fix and/or Gable.

I want him cause he will only get better..He is already a beast....His brother is even better believe it or not...We NEED his brother too....If Mason does not come chances of his brother are slim...
I get what you're trying to say, but let's try to not give the impression we ever take A because of younger brother B.

The thing about Manville is he lost in OT to Marinelli who is beating everybody from 149 up to 184 in the Iowa room. I think a lot of people are selling him short. Who knows what will happen in two years? From his interview it sounds like he has a plan and that is why he's at the OTC for the year. The kid obviously eats, drinks and sleeps wrestling.

So much for freedom of originality & choice of words on a basic forum...

blah, blah, blah.

show me where in the Rivals Terms of Service that it indicates that you can post whatever you want, however you want, and it's guaranteed to not be modified, deleted, etc.

if you want to bitch about things, try looking a little harder for things that are worthy of a complaint.

Such a weird thing to mess around with. It's not like the thread title insisted Manville was leaving. It was a question, including the proper punctuation. It was based on a well-known and respected wrestling media member's social media account. It was clarified later. There was no reason to change the thread title unless all thread titles are going to be changed when information changes.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
Glad to hear, seems like there's been more than 1 false rumor about Mason. Can't wait to see him at PSU.

I'll go back to hoping we land Fix and/or Gable.
Dan has eligibility left?

That would really fry the Iowa brains. :p

The questions regarding M. Manville's ability to be an impact performer for Penn State are somewhat puzzling - this kid will wrestle anyone, from anywhere, never backs down from a challenge, isn't afraid to lose, has had a lot of success, and seems to live the sport. Personally, I can't wait to see him in compete for PSU.

The thing about Manville is he lost in OT to Marinelli who is beating everybody from 149 up to 184 in the Iowa room. I think a lot of people are selling him short. Who knows what will happen in two years? From his interview it sounds like he has a plan and that is why he's at the OTC for the year. The kid obviously eats, drinks and sleeps wrestling.
And he lost during a period he took a few losses to Hidlay, which he avenged.

The Manville-Marinelli comparison is instructive as it relates to the 2 programs right now. Manville lost in OT to Marinelli during what might have been a dip in form. Many Iowa fans are saying Marinelli is their best recruit since Metcalf and is wreaking havoc in the room, while many Penn State fans are wondering where Mason might fit in our lineup, if at all.

The questions regarding M. Manville's ability to be an impact performer for Penn State are somewhat puzzling - this kid will wrestle anyone, from anywhere, never backs down from a challenge, isn't afraid to lose, has had a lot of success, and seems to live the sport. Personally, I can't wait to see him in compete for PSU.

Preacher....preach!

The Manville-Marinelli comparison is instructive as it relates to the 2 programs right now. Manville lost in OT to Marinelli during what might have been a dip in form. Many Iowa fans are saying Marinelli is their best recruit since Metcalf and is wreaking havoc in the room, while many Penn State fans are wondering where Mason might fit in our lineup, if at all.

Saying so well what so many are thinking.

Spencer Lee can't get there soon enough.

Reactions: diggerpup

As I was typing this reply, Marinelli just hit another spladle on Sammy Brooks.

Spencer will be learning the Iowa style....Weather he likes it or not....That is sad for real.
Spyker - Spencer can still change his mind. Don't give up the full press to ensure he comes out of the dark side...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT