ADVERTISEMENT

QBs playing in BW game

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
has JF said whether Tommy will play in BW game? if he can play this may be the first BW game where we see all the QBs in game. that would be nice to get a good look at everyone. QB position is superb in terms of potential talent - never seen anything like that.

assume it will be touch FB re "tackling" QBs.

Looking forward to seeing the Freshman QB's slinging the ball around

No chance he plays. I don't think he ever was going to play.

I agree. No chance given Stevens is still in recovery mode. But likely would not have played more than a series or 2 at the most even if he had not been injured.

I really look for Clifford to only play about 1/2 of the snaps for the Blue, giving way to the freshmen. And I look for Levis to get the most snaps in the game, likely all for the White although it would not be unheard of for CJF to move Levis over to the Blue and give him a series or 2 with the first team OL and WR's.

Always fun to try and figure out the priorities CJF has for the game. Wonder if CJF will have a radio show late this week and give the fans some insight on what he plans to do from a personnel standpoint during the game......

Reactions: BBrown
We've kind of seen Clifford, I'd sure like to see some Levis, Roberson and Johnson.

Quarterback is so hard to predict. These guys all do good things in practice but you really can't know until they're on the field in front of a lot of people playing at game speed. BW game isn't really a very good game simulation but it's a start.

My question about Cliff is simply mobility. We know he's got a great arm and really good accuracy. But is he quick enough to outrun defensive ends and dodge blitzing linebackers and overcome blocking mixups without sacks and turnovers? Can he scramble and buy time? Can he get first downs with his feet?

The way college football is today, if I have to choose between a great throwing QB and a QB with an OK arm and really good mobility, I'd choose #2 without hesitation. I'm excited about Levis, Roberson and Johnson because they can all run. Not sure about Cliff in that respect. Tom Brady was (is) a special talent but I dont think he would be effective in the PSU offense. They have to have a QB with legs.

Reactions: BBrown
We've kind of seen Clifford, I'd sure like to see some Levis, Roberson and Johnson.

Quarterback is so hard to predict. These guys all do good things in practice but you really can't know until they're on the field in front of a lot of people playing at game speed. BW game isn't really a very good game simulation but it's a start.

My question about Cliff is simply mobility. We know he's got a great arm and really good accuracy. But is he quick enough to outrun defensive ends and dodge blitzing linebackers and overcome blocking mixups without sacks and turnovers? Can he scramble and buy time? Can he get first downs with his feet?

The way college football is today, if I have to choose between a great throwing QB and a QB with an OK arm and really good mobility, I'd choose #2 without hesitation. I'm excited about Levis, Roberson and Johnson because they can all run. Not sure about Cliff in that respect. Tom Brady was (is) a special talent but I dont think he would be effective in the PSU offense. They have to have a QB with legs.
I predict that Roberson is the sleeper QB and will shine in a year or two .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT