ADVERTISEMENT

PSU will never see a national title again

No. I’m saying let the ncaa and the athletes choose the model they’d like to play under- NIL or the traditional scholarship model.
In that scholarship model, how would the use of athletes' name, image, and likeness be addressed? It can be done without their compensation or it would be prohibited?

An 8 million dollar NIL deal for a 5* recruit ? College football as I knew it is over.

I think some of this stuff is temporary. When enough companies get burned by 5* athletes not panning out they will be more careful with their $$$ and who they give it to.

I think some of this stuff is temporary. When enough companies get burned by 5* athletes not panning out they will be more careful with their $$$ and who they give it to.
I get what you're saying but have you ever seen the money retreat? I can't recall it. Mass media tv coverage which of course expanded to cable then streaming has provided a lot of money that's been a boon for the at home fans but yo me has changed the in person experience to something I don't enjoy anymore.
But I'm sure they're making so much that people with my mindset doesn't matter to them .

There is at least one NIL collective that will exist for PSU supporters. Timing for launch is blue white weekend. We have to compete in this new dimension as well.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
LOL. Unless you are a crazed PSU fan with boatload of money why would anyone contribute to a collective like that and get zero advertising benefit??
How many millions are spent already by football fans? This is discretionary income towards not just an entertainment product but a passion for many. What if a fraction of what you paid for that passion gave you an enhanced experience or access? Not every fan sees it the same but many will take this next step for their team.

We don't need to be undefeated when we play Ahia State at home- we just have to be good enough have it scalpable for these little blue and white zones studemts to have gas money to get back and forth from northern VA twice if they let ol ML in my Hey My Fellow Kids Tshirt. The blue and white zone complex.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
We don't need to be undefeated when we play Ahia State at home- we just have to be good enough have it scalpable for these little blue and white zones studemts to have gas money to get back and forth from northern VA twice if they let ol ML in my Hey My Fellow Kids Tshirt. The blue and white zone complex.
My Blue and White Hello My Fellow Kids Rock Out shirt is getting here Prime today or tommarah..

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Whatever happened to the notion you went to college to get an education and LEARN something so you can make a life for yourself and your family?

Whatever happened to the notion you went to college to get an education and LEARN something so you can make a life for yourself and your family?
If we're talking about football players - whenever the NFL started paying wages equal to what a "student athlete" would earn in multiple lifetimes in a "traditional" career.

If we're talking about the general public - when tuition rates raised to the point that getting a college degree causes crippling lifetime debt that delays and prevents things like purchasing a home / getting married / starting a family etc.

NIL is simple. It used to be illegal for car dealers and other businesses to hand out money to players; now it's legal. The whole idea that boosters giving $ to players would give some schools an unfair advantage, is now seen as quaint.

Players today are still part of the “everyone is a winner/participation medal” era and therefore they all believe they will make the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT