ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Team Points at NCAAs

How many team points will PSU Score at NCAAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

just a little more bike GIF by Red Bull

I like pleasant surprises. As much as we have been blessed with national champions, my feeling is that the team usually comes up short according to OUR expectations. 170 is tough to acheive, especially now that Rutgers has a wrestling team.

Reactions: mcpat
You have your timeline a little confused. They clinched it way back in November 2023 when the season started. The tournament starting tomorrow is only to determine the final team score.
I think RB’s point was that only a plane crash was going to stop the Lions.

136 total. Which is still impressive.

For a comparison, if you average the past 10 NCAA tournaments, the winning team had an average of 128 points.

Penn State's average when winning the tournament, with Cael at the helm is 130 points.

Last edited:
If we push 6 to semis and 4 to finals - perfectly reasonable - we would be at 104.5 before counting bonus, 2 Rd of 12 bouts for AA plus extra consy bout for Rd 12 winners, plus the bouts Nagao and Kasak will have - including a Rd of 12 and bout after that if all goes well for them.

We could be at about 130 tonight - putting us in the magical 150+ point range by the end of it all.

If we push 6 to semis and 4 to finals - perfectly reasonable - we would be at 104.5 before counting bonus, 2 Rd of 12 bouts for AA plus extra consy bout for Rd 12 winners, plus the bouts Nagao and Kasak will have - including a Rd of 12 and bout after that if all goes well for them.

We could be at about 130 tonight - putting us in the magical 150+ point range by the end of it all.
We are going to have 8 in the semis. 2 in the blood round.

8 in the finals and 2 in the consi finals.

8 champs and 2 3rds.

I'm being a bit conservative, I don't think our guys will pin/tf the rest of their opponents. 🤯

I was pessimistic. We’re at 124.5 with Brooks and Kerk to go in championship bracket ; kasak and Bernie with 1 more each tonight

They have already set their all time team scoring record at 148 pts and need 23 today to eclipse the all time record!

1. This is very much in play

2. There’s a thread on Intermat making fun of how many of us voted that the team would break the record
Well, they have to go somewhere, when we finish with 2x the points of the nearest team.

Time will tell, but we can enjoy the big victories while they stew in their jealously with the small.

136 total. Which is still impressive.

For a comparison, if you average the past 10 NCAA tournaments, the winning team had an average of 128 points.

Penn State's average when winning the tournament, with Cael at the helm is 130 points.
In the Cael era (14 tournaments), 24 times a team has hit 100+ team points. PSU has done it 12 times, Ohio State and Iowa are next at three times. These other teams are nowhere close to getting there consistently. Heck three teams did it in 2012 and still couldn’t beat PSU. PSU has 9 of the top 12 scores. Caels secret sauce is to ride 5 horses every tournament and he will beat you because those 5 will reach the final and get you at least 100 pts.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT