ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: How many will PSU have in the Finals?

# of PSU Finalists

• 9 or more

Votes: 4 2.7%

Votes: 3 2.0%

Votes: 17 11.5%

Votes: 47 31.8%

Votes: 51 34.5%

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CP predicts 8. What's your prediction?
That's the death nel. This is the first year where Flo has finally seen the light with what PSU does every March. I honestly can't believe they have Davis winning it all. Part of me thinks they are either intentionally cursing him, or pandering to our crowd for the first time in the past decade.

The list of top 125s Davis hasn't yet faced is long. Could he run the table? Of course, but if you are honest, despite the records, it's more likely someone in the group #2-8. Don't overlook his match with Figs early.

Reactions: a_mshaffer
Looking at this poll made me consider what other teams are facing this week. The odds are that you will meet a PSU kid in the quarters-semis-or finals. That means you have to game plan for a kid who will:
1) compete with excellent energy and attitude every second. PSU wrestlers uniformly compete well in SV as well as regulation.
2) Come ready to compete with a strategy, technique, and game plan that will be world class. They will be a step or two ahead here unless you are really on your game. They will not be a step behind.
3) Be significantly more competitive in March. If you have wrestled them at any point this season they will have learned from that experience and step on to the mat a more difficult opponent than last time.
4) Be from a very very good room. PSU kids are used to deep waters against world class talent. The grind of the matches on Friday are nothing new to them. They will not falter under the pressure of a close match.
5) In Imar's first loss to Cenzo I watched him put his head down after being scored on late in the second. He put his head down. This is probably our greatest advantage in March. Who want's to go against a team that will never put it's head down two or three days into the hardest tournament of the year?

CP predicts 8. What's your prediction?
Wow! 8 would be amazing......almost a PSU vs everyone else championship round. Of course that is overly optimistic (but please prove me wrong :) ). I'm leaning towards 5 in and 5 champs.

1-Haines- Champ(close)
2-Psycho- 2nd vs KOT- Champ vs Carr
3-Carter- Champ(if knee is ok)
4-Brooks- Champ(close)
5-Kerk- Champ(easy)

Reactions: mhlarch
1-Haines- Champ(close)
2-Psycho- 2nd vs KOT- Champ vs Carr
3-Carter- Champ(if knee is ok)
4-Brooks- Champ(close)
5-Kerk- Champ(easy)
This is basically what I'm predicting. Kerk with a comfortable win, MM with the hard fought upset over KOT. I think Brooks can also win comfortably, just has to overcome Hidlay's slowing the pace of the match and edge wrestling. I think Carter will be fine but I'm a bit concerned with his conditioning having not wrestled in a while. Haines has just been so solid as of late. Hoping Beau can prove me wrong and make it six :)

Reactions: James Toney
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT