ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Not 100 sure but think be wrestled up in the freshmen division to get a match with Desmond. Little Harer is redshirt 8th grader

On another note, we are down in Va Beach at the tournament. Its my first time. Its kinda a sight to see 60 mats operating smoothly. Great tournament so far. If anyone gets a chance to come to this event, it is well worth it!!!
Attach a photo!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
thread-derailed-gif-8.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ruby Tues
You guys don't like tough wrestling

-Tom Brands
I ran the local youth travel basketball program for a couple of years. I had 240 kids on travel teams. I had parents try to bump kids up a few times even when birth certificates were required. They would intially lie on sign up sheets, the teams would get put together and then the league would require the proof of the birth certificates. Instead of parents feeling bad they would act like it was my fault that I wouldn't allow their child to play with his/her best friend. It was the CBL (Community Basketball League) of the Lehigh Valley that would not allow it.

Alright el-jefe. Give us the wish list and we can see if we landed one do them next week
We're known to be in on:
- Marc-Anthony McGowan, 2023, Blair/FL 120 (in top 6)
- Tyler Kasak, 2023, Beca 138 (supposedly PSU vs. Nebraska)
- Meyer Shapiro, 2023, Wyoming Seminary/MD 145 (supposedly PSU vs. Cornell)
- Jim Mullen, 2023, NJ HWT
- Mason Gibson, 2024, Bishop McCort 120 (in top 4)

You can get other names from Dice's spreadsheet -- pinned thread. We may or may not be recruiting any of the rest, just names to be aware of.

Kasak seems to be the most likely.

After that, purely a guess: Shapiro. McGowan just published his finalist list this week. Mullen will probably wait to see about football offers (that doesn't mean he won't wrestle). GIbson is at NHSCAs now.

Note also that many PA 2022 placers remain uncommitted (including 2 champs and a finalist). So there's an opportunity to add some high-quality depth -- whether that's among this week's commits or a little later.

I get it but the entire point of the tournament is to segregate at grade level. If Denny wanted him wrestling freshman, maybe he shouldnt have held him back a year.
Harer is gonna look really bad if he puts junior in the middle school brackets at Fargo or Super 32.

It's one thing to try to sneak junior into the wrong grade at NHSCAs. It's another to make a public stink about getting caught and gripe about others not being good enough.

We're known to be in on:
- Marc-Anthony McGowan, 2023, Blair/FL 120 (in top 6)
- Tyler Kasak, 2023, Beca 138 (supposedly PSU vs. Nebraska)
- Meyer Shapiro, 2023, Wyoming Seminary/MD 145 (supposedly PSU vs. Cornell)
- Jim Mullen, 2023, NJ HWT
- Mason Gibson, 2024, Bishop McCort 120 (in top 4)

You can get other names from Dice's spreadsheet -- pinned thread. We may or may not be recruiting any of the rest, just names to be aware of.

Kasak seems to be the most likely.

After that, purely a guess: Shapiro. McGowan just published his finalist list this week. Mullen will probably wait to see about football offers (that doesn't mean he won't wrestle). GIbson is at NHSCAs now.

Note also that many PA 2022 placers remain uncommitted (including 2 champs and a finalist). So there's an opportunity to add some high-quality depth -- whether that's among this week's commits or a little later.
@El-Jefe - given that Cael has landed top guys off our own radar so to speak recently, who might you choose as a surprise, out of left field top recruit?

@El-Jefe - given that Cael has landed top guys off our own radar so to speak recently, who might you choose as a surprise, out of left field top recruit?
I have no idea. Haven't been following nearly as much this year outside of PA and the big preps (Sem, Blair, Malvern). Most of the guys I could think of are already committed.

For entertainment purposes: absolutely none of us are tracking Sasso as a possible PSU recruit. Wouldn't that be something?

I have no idea. Haven't been following nearly as much this year outside of PA and the big preps (Sem, Blair, Malvern). Most of the guys I could think of are already committed.

For entertainment purposes: absolutely none of us are tracking Sasso as a possible PSU recruit. Wouldn't that be something?
That would constitute an “oooofff” in Buckeye land

oof-old-man.gif

Reactions: danoftw
...he is one of the best QBs in the state so he may not even be wrestling in college...🤷🏽‍♂️

no one has mentioned the monday commits yet in this thread and if you think it amuses me that i know and you don't, well, you're damn right. keep guessing lol.
I'm quite content to wait until Monday. Whoever commits will have to pass Cael and staff's scrutiny. We have the luxury of a great returning team and new recruits ready to learn. I appreciate all the work you put in to help us understand what is happening with the kids that most of us would never hear about without you. Thanks.

FWIW, and it may very well not be worth anything, Gibson didn’t exactly dominate today at NHSCAs in the quarters and semis. Quarters was a very good showing, semis he got slowed down a bit by Jackson Young of New Jersey, who took fifth this year at 120 at the NJ state tournament.

FWIW, and it may very well not be worth anything, Gibson didn’t exactly dominate today at NHSCAs in the quarters and semis. Quarters was a very good showing, semis he got slowed down a bit by Jackson Young of New Jersey, who took fifth this year at 120 at the NJ state tournament.
10 point win 1 point win what the diff JUST WIN BABY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT