ADVERTISEMENT

Football PSU football targeting NFL assistant for open DL coach spot

Why are we being critical of this for a DL coach? He has DC experience and NFL experience. An elite hire he's not but nothing indicates Barnes is better.

Reactions: BOSCO2
Why are we being critical of this for a DL coach? He has DC experience and NFL experience. An elite hire he's not but nothing indicates Barnes is better.
An elite hire is needed and if he isn't then elevate Barnes. .And go back to Michigan the season ended months ago a$$hole.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Has the NNNNNCAC sent James Franklin a list of "approved" DL coaches? Have some consideration. After all, he is spending his valuable time interviewing and vetting candidates.....and likely to hire someone who the experts here will deem inadequate.
It's already been established here that playing, coaching, or in this case knowing, interviewing or in any way evaluating talents or needs isn't necessary. Please help James before he makes another mistake.

Reactions: m3driver
"We need a guy with experience."

*target has NFL experience*

"Not that experience!"

Lol

Elite? LJSr isn't coming. Robinson would be an overpriced 1-year rental and if all you get is 1 season, we'd miss out on his best trait (recruiting).

Who else is out there that is a supposed HR hire?

Has the NNNNNCAC sent James Franklin a list of "approved" DL coaches? Have some consideration. After all, he is spending his valuable time interviewing and vetting candidates.....and likely to hire someone who the experts here will deem inadequate.
It's already been established here that playing, coaching, or in this case knowing, interviewing or in any way evaluating talents or needs isn't necessary. Please help James before he makes another mistake.
Nattering nabobs of negativity....

"We need a guy with experience."

*target has NFL experience*

"Not that experience!"

Lol

Elite? LJSr isn't coming. Robinson would be an overpriced 1-year rental and if all you get is 1 season, we'd miss out on his best trait (recruiting).

Who else is out there that is a supposed HR hire?
This...people are being ridiculous per usual

Fans of a team are always going to gravitate towards coaching hires that played for their team. It’s only natural as it brings some level of comfort and familiarity. I try not to condemn people for having this mindset although I strongly disagree with it.

Hinds didn’t go from coaching at Western Carolina to the Chicago Bears for the fun of it. Clearly the guy has impressed along the way. If he’s the guy, it means he was a better candidate than Deion was right now. We have a 2 year window here and DL is one of the most important positions on the field. We can’t afford to give Deion time to grow into the role if he isn’t ready for it.

Reactions: LMTLION
Fans of a team are always going to gravitate towards coaching hires that played for their team. It’s only natural as it brings some level of comfort and familiarity. I try not to condemn people for having this mindset although I strongly disagree with it.

Hinds didn’t go from coaching at Western Carolina to the Chicago Bears for the fun of it. Clearly the guy has impressed along the way. If he’s the guy, it means he was a better candidate than Deion was right now. We have a 2 year window here and DL is one of the most important positions on the field. We can’t afford to give Deion time to grow into the role if he isn’t ready for it.
You should condemn them for it

Absolutely. This is a true 2 year window that we have the talent and coordinators as well to win it all. MY and MD are going to be HC’s in the next year or two. We need to plug-in somebody with experience into this position, and especially considering that we all know the interior of the dl is the one area that may not be as solid as we would like.

Just saw a post from football scoop on Twitter, who initially reported Hinds ,and said something could be done by the end of the week just post that sources say Hinds will remain with the Bears.

Reactions: TheWizardofCamelot
Not a surprise. It seems college assistants are headed to the nfl to get out of this recruiting/NIL era . Why spend all that time on the road recruiting when your efforts get squashed by someone else writing a big $$ check

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT