ADVERTISEMENT

PSU accuses Paterno estate of "Bald Misstatements" & - link **

Barron needs to be asked about this. What would he say?

BOT should committ seppuku at this point. They're going down with

the ship. I'm not sure how even their families can respect them. Hearing Garban's grandson who is in high school tell me his grandpa is an "honorable man" when I only asked if he was related to him, and nothing further, tells me that they know that they've ruined their reps for life. Having a 10th grader tell people that yes he is related and his grandpa is honorable just shows that they know the effed up miserably.

University administrators are upset because they thought they solely had the right to make bald misstatements and vitriolic accusations. We know them all such as Joe being fired for "failure of leadership" then the university claiming he wasn't fired. Then to comply with Sunshine Law requirements they called another meeting to fire him again. Suhey said he was just retired three weeks early. Yeah, that's the type people running our beloved alma mater.

Sounds like a last gasp to me. They're going down swinging, but regardless I sense they know they're going down. Once those documents are released, it's probably over for NCAA/PSU/FSS.

I just don't understand why "ACP" is tossed around when it comes to Freeh. He wasn't hired for legal advice or court representation. He was a PR stunt.

That's what Penn State said? I don't know if it's just me but those sound like pretty uncivil remarks. Very "uncivil"......

Hopefully someone, (alumni trustee in open public session), will ask Barron specifically what he makes of those remarks in regard to his call for civility.

I know the alumni would ask him in open session. However, given his prior behavior, Barron will likely claim he has an important meeting to attend and then go talk to friends in the hallway for another hour. Civility starts from the top and as we've seen, it's lacking in the PSU administration and BoT.

From the article:

"Plaintiffs assertion that Pepper Hamilton is somehow 'brazenly continuing to violate its discovery obligations' and is 'defying' a court order in 'direct affront to' this court's 'authority' are palpably false,"

Umm..well the court ordered that they turn over discovery material and they are refusing to do so, I'd say it's quite an accurate assertion.

The above is such a weak argument. They've resorted to completely ignoring court orders and/or relentlessly hiding behind ACP and then get upset for getting called out on it.

Problem is that Centre Daily Times and others will report only

PSU's response, and not state that it is a hilarious lie. This is because Penn State subsidizes the CDT by distributing 1,600 copies of their rag on the campus every day. That means that the old folks around the State College area will read this faux news and talk about it with their old friends, and suddenly it becomes the truth.

Re: Problem is that Centre Daily Times and others will report only

And that's exactly why they 'get hit in the side of the head' every so often in not recognizing public outrage. They've all convinced themselves in their little bubble in State College that they are handling everything just great. Then they meet alumni, get an earful, and they don't like it. So they run away from alumni comments at BoT meetings or promise to hold alumni meetings and then never do.

They need to get out of the bubble in State College. Their insular approach to everything is how people like Karen Peetz can say this will all be forgotten by 2013 and yet here we are in 2015 still waging the "war". Honestly, all of this could be long behind us, (not forgotten but at least put in the past), if they had just been honest from the beginning. But the Penn State Board of Trustees (and Erickson) did nothing but lie at just about every opportunity starting back when they said they would not see the Freeh report until the public did.

Of course, the reason they been able to live in that bubble for so long is because of the center daily times and State College.com. I'd also add PennLive and the ridiculous reporting of Charles Thompson who cannot even fathom in the slightest that Penn State may not be telling the whole truth here (and that they may actually be wrong compared with the alumni). It's a bad combination, and one that has not been changed. This leaves PSU open to issues like this in the future as well.

in the meantime

When the Paternos donate to the University the checks are deposited immediately. If the University feels that way about the Paternos why are they taking their money?

Now Ned, them whores are going to tell different lies than you. And when their lies ain't the same as your lies... Well, I ain't gonna hurt no woman. But I'm gonna hurt you. And not gentle like before... but bad.

"We" (folks who want the truth to be illuminated) will never again.....

find a more righteous court than the Commonwealth Court that was in charge of the Corman suit. This case (The Paterno et al suit) could turn for the worst at any time. Not predicting it will, but you just never know. That is why (not to beat that drum to death), the Corman betrayal was so infuriating.

The number of people who A - truly want the full truth to come out...and B - have any influence over the process....can probably be counted on one hand (and you may not even need to use your thumb)

Alas

This post was edited on 3/12 10:05 PM by bjf1984

This post was edited on 3/12 10:07 PM by bjf1984

Is there any particular reason that they are doing this at

this particular time?

Re: BOT should committ seppuku at this point. They're going down with

I have some strong feelings about Garban and the other BOT members as do many people. However, I don't think a 10th grader that likes his grandfather has any bearing on what went on.

That's fine. But when someone asks if you're related to Steve Garban

and they say "yes I am and he is an honorable man" you have to wonder who coached them. Ever respond that way when someone asked about your grandparents?

Re: That's fine. But when someone asks if you're related to Steve Garban

It's a small town and I'm sure the young man has heard negative comments. Whether they a true or not a young person shouldn't have to go through it. Did Mr. Garban make mistakes? You and I have opinions on that. I think it's only natural and commendable that someone tries to defend a member of their family. I think Jay Paterno would agree with me on that.

Originally posted by dwiz:
and they say "yes I am and he is an honorable man" you have to wonder who coached them. Ever respond that way when someone asked about your grandparents?
Actually, you have to wonder how many degenerate Penn Staters in name only have taken out their rage at the kid's grandfather on the innocent kid himself over the last 3-1/2 years.

Well, clearly it can't be many since the BoT says those who oppose them are a very tiny minority. Then cut that tiny minority to even fewer by those that actually live in the Pittsburgh area (I assume) and even further by those that would actually have any contact with the kid or even know who he was related to. ;) (And before anyone gets upset- I am clearly being sarcastic and TIC).

As a side thought- I'd bet he's received a fair amount of comments from Yinzers about his grandfather being a 'cult member enabler who knew about the abuse and only cared about football' since he was on the PSU BoT- especially when this was a 'morally offensive firestorm' in 2011- 2012.

This post was edited on 3/13 1:52 AM by psu00

What is the saying? "The sons pay for the sins of the father."

It is my hope that the the families of Peetz and Surma and Frazier are constantly reminded just how despicable their family members were, protecting scoundrels and thieves and god-knows-what-else by their actions.

Just so young Mr. Garban knows, it is unlikely that his grandfather is an honorable man. The Paterno suit will reveal the unpleasant truths about many of these people.

Re: By law, all misstatements must be hairy. ******

That's a hairy-faced lie.

No... it is just nothing has changed in the psych ward called the PSU BOT..

...that's all.

How did we amass such low lifers.

the ship. I'm not sure how even their families can respect them. Hearing Garban's grandson who is in high school tell me his grandpa is an "honorable man" when I only asked if he was related to him, and nothing further, tells me that they know that they've ruined their reps for life. Having a 10th grader tell people that yes he is related and his grandpa is honorable just shows that they know the effed up miserably.
And exactly what motivated you to ask a high school kid if he was related to Steve Garban? Do you realize how petty and effed up it makes you look for asking such a question?

Re: If you met someone with the last name of...........

I actually did meet a kid named Goebbels once. First name Joe. No joke--in OA scouting in the late 1970s, Washington District, Valley Forge Council.

So you think the name Steve Garban can only be viewed in a negative light? Congrats, you finally got something right!

Originally posted by 91Joe95:
Now Ned, them whores are going to tell different lies than you. And when their lies ain't the same as your lies... Well, I ain't gonna hurt no woman. But I'm gonna hurt you. And not gentle like before... but bad.
Good one 91Joe95. And the BOT is still... "Unforgiven"

JAG:

Since you have surfaced would you still like to defend the Freeh report?
Originally posted by PSU JAG:

Actually, you have to wonder how many degenerate Penn Staters in name only have taken out their rage at the kid's grandfather on the innocent kid himself over the last 3-1/2 years.

jag should just stick to sports. He's an idiot on the bigger topics.

ded3a962baa43a4fb11767b4d4ef558b.jpg

This whole damn thing is sad................Paterno vs. Penn State.............SAD............

That said...........Paterno represented Penn State far better than Penn State represents themselves............

Well said. If I learned anything from all of this, it was that this University was basically on autopilot riding on the coattails of Joe Paterno. When it cam time to stand up on its own, its leadership failed miserably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT