ADVERTISEMENT

PSU -11 1/2 looks fishy

BFPSU

Aug 26, 2001
Just talking from a gambling perspective. When I was thinking about the line earlier this week, I figured maybe PSU-4. IMO, the current line is begging you to take Rutgers, it looks like a trap (how can anyone trust PSU this year)...so I’m going to put a little on PSU today.

I try not to put anything on my own teams. I've had to step in and take take the ItsFreeRealEstate.gif a couple times
On the Steelers this year. Last year I held off on -7 vs Maryland because I wasnt gonna be able to watch it and it out me on tilt knowing I basically just burnt money not doing it. Didnt do anything today cause that would jinx Psu and @rutgersal will be spamming the board.

Reactions: BFPSU
Just talking from a gambling perspective. When I was thinking about the line earlier this week, I figured maybe PSU-4. IMO, the current line is begging you to take Rutgers, it looks like a trap (how can anyone trust PSU this year)...so I’m going to put a little on PSU today.
If any oddsmaker had hung a -4 they would have been lit up by sharp bettors. That line would last for about 1 minute. There was nothing trappy about the line in the first place. If anything, it was too low based on overreaction to psu poor start.

Reactions: cjrugger
If any oddsmaker had hung a -4 they would have been lit up by sharp bettors. That line would last for about 1 minute. There was nothing trappy about the line in the first place. If anything, it was too low based on overreaction to psu poor start.
Well, the outcome certainly proved the oddsmakers to be smarter and more rational than emotional PSU “fans” who have no understanding of the game

Reactions: cjrugger
Well, the outcome certainly proved the oddsmakers to be smarter and more rational than emotional PSU “fans” who have no understanding of the game
Yeah, those sharps that were so impressive that we were 0-5 ATS for the first 5 weeks and it wasn't close

Reactions: BFPSU
Yeah, those sharps that were so impressive that we were 0-5 ATS for the first 5 weeks and it wasn't close
Small sample sizes of 1 to 5 games don't really prove much.

Incidentally, sharp bettors were on IU the first game and didn't really show much interest in the Maryland game. I'd say they won on IU, PSU vs Michigan, and PSU vs Rutgers today (line moved in PSU favor) and lost on PSU vs Nebraska, Iowa, and maybe a little on Ohio State.

I guarantee you won't make money betting against the sharp guys in the long run.

Small sample sizes of 1 to 5 games don't really prove much.

Incidentally, sharp bettors were on IU the first game and didn't really show much interest in the Maryland game. I'd say they won on IU, PSU vs Michigan, and PSU vs Rutgers today (line moved in PSU favor) and lost on PSU vs Nebraska, Iowa, and maybe a little on Ohio State.

I guarantee you won't make money betting against the sharp guys in the long run.
I agree, and I've learned the hard way

Reactions: Grant Green
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT