ADVERTISEMENT

PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING, Penn State should play PITT every year (last game of the year)..........

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
No!

Because of YOU, we play Maryland tomorrow. GO FIGURE!

quint.jpg

...they don't need Penn State to pad their schedule...
...they already have Vlemson and Miami...

I don't know why we would ever want to play Pitt

no point in playing any OOC game at the end of the season. this does not happen much anywhere. i think Ga v Ga Tech is one of the few i can think of. having a game like that before a possible conf championship is not useful. Georgia people talking about that today on call in shows. they see possible stupid injuries from Tech blocking style that could impact the game next week which is all that matters.

Playing Pitt or Maryland in the last game is the same thing. It’s a huge huge game for both and they are similar programs.

Reactions: mn78psu83
We have nothing to gain by playing them!!!
What's the fascination with playing Pitt? Is this a Western PA thing? I'd rather play UVa or VTech even Syracuse or Temple. Playing them every year gives them a way to survive. I was at PSU at the height of the rivalry in the late 60's and early 70's and have no desire to see them on the schedule any more.

no point in playing any OOC game at the end of the season. this does not happen much anywhere. i think Ga v Ga Tech is one of the few i can think of. having a game like that before a possible conf championship is not useful. Georgia people talking about that today on call in shows. they see possible stupid injuries from Tech blocking style that could impact the game next week which is all that matters.
Clemson and South Carolina play. Also, USC and Stanford rotate playing Notre dame at the end of the year. Army-navy. Florida-Florida state. Kentucky-Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT