ADVERTISEMENT

Project Vigil: D-Day 2014: A Young Boy Reminded us of what makes the United States so great

amalone

Oct 12, 2005

I watched this video in 2014 and I watch it every year to remind myself that freedom isn't free and uncommon valor was a common thing on D-Day. I owe my own freedom to those who came before me... who believed that liberty and the freedom to be free could be won even if it cost was that serviceman's own life. I owe my life to those who fought and died in World 1 who kept my great grandfather alive, who kept my grandfather, a Marine who fought in the South Pacific, island by island who recently passed away and for my dad... who fought in Vietnam and my brother who was a part of Desert Storm and then survived the attack on 9/11. I hold dear... my life and every other life that was fostered out of your sacrifice, for those who were willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice... this young man and every other American owe a life of gratitude to you and your willingness to give your life for ours.

For all serviceman and woman who were willing to go into harm's way... I salute you as this young boy did to pay his respects to those who fell on D-Day, the longest day, in the lives of so many young men who had so much to live for... but chose to fight for our freedom's we so covet and get to enjoy today, because of their sacrifice. There is no cause greater than giving one's life in the name of another you'll never know... but are willing to do so at 1st call. This young boy understood the magnitude of the serviceman who came across the English Channel in choppy seas and stormed the beaches at Normandy in 1944. No greater tribute could be made than what this young boy did to pay the highest respect for those who fought and for those who died that day. May we never forget the sacrifice, as the Frenchman who live in the area who are still alive, who remember D-Day, still whistle the Star Spangled banner from memory due to the sacrifice of American Gi's and gaining their own freedom.

Also, one only has to look at the long rows of pristine white crosses in the multiple cemeteries that seem to stretch on for... forever on the cliff of Normandy to know the sacrifice that was made to topple tyranny. For that sacrifice, I salute all serviceman across the ages for my freedom and letting freedom ring on every Memorial Day. God Bless America and God bless this little boy for knowing many years prior... who had come before him. Hero's. Those who gave all to let us live free and for those who lived to talk about their fallen comrades sacrifice.

20060523141424_cambridge.jpg

American_military_cemetery_2003.JPG

cemeteries.gif

soldiers_in_normandy_cemetery.jpg

Normandy-American-Cemetery-and-Memorial.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News