ADVERTISEMENT

Priority 1: Hire someone who KNOWS HOW TO BEAT the big 3...

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
NO IVY GUYS, NO PATRIOT LEAGUE GUYS, NO 3 TO 1 PASSING RATIO GUYS,

SOMEONE FROM THE MIDWEST, WHO KNOWS HOW TO COMPETE WITH AND BEAT MICHIGAN STATE, MICHIGAN, AND OHIO STATE, IN THIS LEAGUE.

Does NOT have to be someone with "experience" in beating these people, since so few actually exist, but someone who CAN beat them with equal talent.

I like the guy from Bowling Green.

How do we know who can beat them if they haven't beaten them yet? Find a current OC who is having success with less talent and give him our recruits to coach. I like young and hungry much better than coaching retreads.

SOMEONE FROM THE MIDWEST, WHO KNOWS HOW TO COMPETE WITH AND BEAT MICHIGAN STATE, MICHIGAN, AND OHIO STATE, IN THIS LEAGUE.

Does NOT have to be someone with "experience" in beating these people, since so few actually exist, but someone who CAN beat them with equal talent.

I like the idea of Sean Lewis, the co-OC from BG, too. Former Wiscy player with B1G roots and might like to come back to the conference. He's been with Babers for the last 4 years.

LINK: Sean Lewis

Last edited:
I like the idea of Sean Lewis, the co-OC from BG too. Former Wiscy player with B1G roots and might like to come back to the conference. He's been with Babers for the last 4 years.

LINK: Sean Lewis
THAT is the guy. Open up the check book, hire him, and leave the offense alone, I mean LEAVE the offense alone. Franklin needs a guy who can do the damn job, completely, who is not in over his head. NO MORE IVY GUYS, they cannot coach in this conference.

This guy at Bowling Green, knows how to win in THIS CONFERENCE. You need to hire, based on who can win in THIS CONFERENCE, not in the Patriot League.

Wait, when did bowling green beat ohio state? Sean Lewis has one year of. Co-Oc experience in the MAC. Come up with better names if you're going to start a thread

So a guy with a time machine to turn all our underclassmen into upperclassmen.

So Norvell is a bum who coached one year at Pitt and left with Graham when he had enough of Pitt after one year?
How does that make him a bum?
Montgomery coaching under Cutcliffe who knows a little about QB's.

is Galen Hall still alive??

Glenn Thomas, has been Temple's quarterback coach for one year. Prior to that was on the staff of the Atlanta Falcons. Check him out.

Glenn Thomas, has been Temple's quarterback coach for one year. Prior to that was on the staff of the Atlanta Falcons. Check him out.
Nice, hire an offensive coordinator, with zero experience as an offensive coordinator.

So an offense that chucks and ducks.
Have you seen them play this year? I would hardly define them as "chuck and duck". More like a point scoring machine. Matt Johnson is absolutely tearing it up.

Matt. Johnson.

Nice, hire an offensive coordinator, with zero experience as an offensive coordinator.
A quarterbacks coach from the Atlanta Falcons. Sounds like an Obrien type, who might be attracted to Penn State, and might be attractive to potential recruits because of the NFL background. He has some very nice experience.

What Franklin needs to do is to hire a young, ambitious coach who knows offense and the wins against the big three will come with it. Mike Yurcich, Sean Lewis, Jason Candle, or even Eddie Gran all fit the bill.

MSU is NOT one of the Big 3. Actually we were, and will be once again in about 2-3 years as REAL talent across the board arrives. MSU will revert to who they are. OSU will be a top program, as always, and Michigan will again under Harbaugh. As for us? with the last two classes Franklin has brought in (the best in the last quarter century) I think we will be right there. And he is off to great start for 2018 !!!
So the BIG 3 will be PSU, Michigan and OSU :) AND the Big 10 will go nuts !!! Book it.
Just like real estate "it's talent, talent, talent".

Michigan State, has benefitted greatly from the downfall of Michigan. That's over now.
At some point, they will run out of Jack Conkln's and Monte Nicholson's. The Flint
pipeline, with Harbaugh, will return to Michigan.

So an offense that chucks and ducks.

An offense that moves the ball and scores points. BG does pass more than it runs, but they do have over 2,000 yards rushing on the season, including a back with over 1,000 and another with 700 plus. Also, Lewis played tight end at Wisconsin and he understands toughness. From the below article:

It's quite a stark difference from what Lewis saw as a Badgers tight end. He played most of his career in a pro-style offense under then-offensive coordinator Paul Chryst.

Though the two styles of offense seem to be polar opposites, Lewis was able to note one key similarity.

"I think when playing under coach Alvarez, he always preached toughness -- and it's a big thing that we preach throughout our program, is toughness," Lewis said.

LINK: Former Wiscy TE returning to Madison - early 2014 season article

Don't worry. It isn't likely.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Someone who knows how to beat the "big 3." Even if they have not beaten them yet? Okay............I have a dream!

MSU is NOT one of the Big 3. Actually we were, and will be once again in about 2-3 years as REAL talent across the board arrives. MSU will revert to who they are. OSU will be a top program, as always, and Michigan will again under Harbaugh. As for us? with the last two classes Franklin has brought in (the best in the last quarter century) I think we will be right there. And he is off to great start for 2018 !!!
So the BIG 3 will be PSU, Michigan and OSU :) AND the Big 10 will go nuts !!! Book it.
Just like real estate "it's talent, talent, talent".

ACTUALLY, there is a Big 2 OSU and Michigan. And then there is the little 12.

MSU vs. PSU for best of the little 12.

ACTUALLY, there is a Big 2 OSU and Michigan. And then there is the little 12.

MSU vs. PSU for best of the little 12.
Actually it would be the Big 1 based on the last decade, but that is slowly changing. BT east will be as tough as any conference in the country in 2-3 years. Pitt will still suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT