ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty amazing stat

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
Guess who is last in FBS in passing yards allowed per game? 129th of 129 teams. Allowing 403 passing yards per game

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695/p3 Also note who is 128th.

It also shows you how misleading stats can be early in a season. The OSU secondary is going to be fine but they're young. And they just happened to have to start their season against two NFL-bound QBs in Lagow and Mayfield.

Guess who is last in FBS in passing yards allowed per game? 129th of 129 teams. Allowing 403 passing yards per game

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695/p3 Also note who is 128th.

It also shows you how misleading stats can be early in a season. The OSU secondary is going to be fine but they're young. And they just happened to have to start their season against two NFL-bound QBs in Lagow and Mayfield.
Thanks, I like this database. Check out who is last in Sacks Allowed. It's probably going to get worse for Auburn, not better.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468/p3

Reactions: tboyer

If you listen to Herby they are NFL bound. ;)
Seriously though, Mayfield is very good but I"m not sure Lagow will even be the IU QB when they roll into town.
I to expect the OSU backfield to get better.
On a side note did you see the Collegefootball live segment yesterday with Joey Galloway and Jesse Palmer? Wow Ohio ST. is going to be calling and wanting their diploma back. I hope Joey doesn't live in the Columbus area. He was brutally honest with his evaluation.

If you listen to Herby they are NFL bound. ;)
Seriously though, Mayfield is very good but I"m not sure Lagow will even be the IU QB when they roll into town.
I to expect the OSU backfield to get better.
On a side note did you see the Collegefootball live segment yesterday with Joey Galloway and Jesse Palmer? Wow Ohio ST. is going to be calling and wanting their diploma back. I hope Joey doesn't live in the Columbus area. He was brutally honest with his evaluation.

It's the nature of the beast. Whenever a top program loses a game, some former letterman gets on TV to say -- IN MY DAY that would have inconceivable, MY TEAM never lost a game, people never even completed a pass on us in my four years!

You know what, Galloway was on that Ohio STate team that lost 63-14 to PSU. so keep that in mind.

Ohio State has lost 1 game. The only argument for it being a big deal is that they got blown out in their bowl game and now another semi-blowout. Pretty unusual for them but not unheard of even for Ohio State. You get a weak run of recruiting, a few of your 4 stars and 5 stars don't pan out, you end up with a weak unit (which I think is their OL) and all of a sudden you've got a problem. All this means is Meyer will play some young guys earlier and they will get experience and be really good by midseason -- or next year at the latest.

It's the nature of the beast. Whenever a top program loses a game, some former letterman gets on TV to say -- IN MY DAY that would have inconceivable, MY TEAM never lost a game, people never even completed a pass on us in my four years!

You know what, Galloway was on that Ohio STate team that lost 63-14 to PSU. so keep that in mind.

Ohio State has lost 1 game. The only argument for it being a big deal is that they got blown out in their bowl game and now another semi-blowout. Pretty unusual for them but not unheard of even for Ohio State. You get a weak run of recruiting, a few of your 4 stars and 5 stars don't pan out, you end up with a weak unit (which I think is their OL) and all of a sudden you've got a problem. All this means is Meyer will play some young guys earlier and they will get experience and be really good by midseason -- or next year at the latest.

Good points but so far I am a Galloway fan. Last year he did not buy the "eye test" and "fluke win" that Herby was pushing ad nauseam. He also wasn't buying the "best DLine in college football" crap that Palmer was trying to sell as well as Schiano.

Reactions: tboyer
Good points but so far I am a Galloway fan. Last year he did not buy the "eye test" and "fluke win" that Herby was pushing ad nauseam. He also wasn't buying the "best DLine in college football" crap that Palmer was trying to sell as well as Schiano.

Must say that part surprised me. I figured Tyquan Lewis and Bosa and company would be too much for everybody this year. Well, they weren't too much for Oklahoma clearly. They didn't compete very well at all.

Must say that part surprised me. I figured Tyquan Lewis and Bosa and company would be too much for everybody this year. Well, they weren't too much for Oklahoma clearly. They didn't compete very well at all.

Yea my guess is they'll figure is all out just in time for our game.:eek:

Ohio State's pass defense stats will get instantly better this weekend. They face Army. Army has exactly 2 completions, in 2 games. Without even trying Ohio State's per game stats will suddenly look much better.

Ohio State's pass defense stats will get instantly better this weekend. They face Army. Army has exactly 2 completions, in 2 games. Without even trying Ohio State's per game stats will suddenly look much better.

Not an easy opponent though. PSU had a real hard time with Army in 2015. Defense couldn't stop them from running the ball. Seems so long ago now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT