ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: The Future of Penn State Football (If you actually had a say)

To return Penn State Football to elite status, we should?

• If you can’t beat them join them (bagmen will do the dirty work)

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Fire Franklin, I don’t care who we hire

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fire Franklin, Urban, Saban, Rhule, etc. will all be running over themselves to get to PSU

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Success with Honor. We will peak as a NY6 type team but We are doing it the right way.

Votes: 48 28.9%
  • Success with Honor will prevail. A string of Playoff & NC’s await

Votes: 39 23.5%
  • Keep hiring different assistant coaches until we find the right one.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • An All knowing BWI poster plots a Lasch Building takeover. Start game planning/coaching immediately

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Lower our expectations (in general)

Votes: 25 15.1%
  • We are still fighting the NCAA sanctions, give it time.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 15 9.0%

• Total voters
Guess PSU/Franklin must be doing some serious cheating to get any 4/5 star to come to Penn State. He's just not able to pony up enough to get them all, huh?
I am honestly surprised that the idea of Alabama or Ohio State cheating is a controversial take. And as I’ve already said in here, when Penn State starts pulling kids out of Florida and having them show up on campus for unofficial visits, I became a little skeptical.

I have an idea. They’re cheating.
You want me to dig around and use my contacts to get you the specific cases of players getting improper benefits at Ohio State and Alabama? Give me some time, I’m going to work the phones and see what I can come up with.
Do you remember Tom Bradley saying he could write a book about Terrell Pryor’s recruitment? I bet it wasn’t just a book of pleasant reflections. I’m guessing he may have known of a shady deal or two going down.

I don't think that's necessary. I'm sure that your list will include most, if not all, four- and five-stars who went to OSU and Bama in the last 10 years.

What would be interesting is if you contacts could come up with a list of players receiving impermissible benefits at PSU. While you're at it, could you ask them about Stanford?

I have an idea. They’re cheating.
You want me to dig around and use my contacts to get you the specific cases of players getting improper benefits at Ohio State and Alabama? Give me some time, I’m going to work the phones and see what I can come up with.
Do you remember Tom Bradley saying he could write a book about Terrell Pryor’s recruitment? I bet it wasn’t just a book of pleasant reflections. I’m guessing he may have known of a shady deal or two going down.

Yes. I would love for you to use your contacts and bust this case wide open !! If you and your contacts can get Ohio St, Bama & Clemson on probation that would really open up college football.

Please keep us posted on the results !!!!!

I don't think that's necessary. I'm sure that your list will include most, if not all, four- and five-stars who went to OSU and Bama in the last 10 years.

What would be interesting is if you contacts could come up with a list of players receiving impermissible benefits at PSU. While you're at it, could you ask them about Stanford?
Yes, I’ll call my Penn State and Stanford contacts as well. I’ll get the list to you shortly.

Yes. I would love for you to use your contacts and bust this case wide open !! If you and your contacts can get Ohio St, Bama & Clemson on probation that would really open up college football.

Please keep us posted on the results !!!!!
Crap! I forgot about Clemson!!! I’ve got quite a bit of work ahead of me. Give me a day or two.
To reiterate, I’m surprised that thinking these schools are cheating is a controversial opinion. And as I’ve said, after the NCAA tried to kill Penn State football I have no problem with Penn State joining in with these programs and offering whatever it wants to players. The NCAA doesn’t care, I don’t care.

This would be a great thing. For the last few years many experts have opined about how we can break up the Bama-Clemson-OSU monopoly that is controlling the CFP. Talk about expanding to 6 or 8 teams to be more inclusive .... Well, all we need is for this investigation to land us hard facts and get those cheaters on probation. With those 3 out of the equation, teams like Penn St will have a shot.!

Crap! I forgot about Clemson!!! I’ve got quite a bit of work ahead of me. Give me a day or two.
To reiterate, I’m surprised that thinking these schools are cheating is a controversial opinion. And as I’ve said, after the NCAA tried to kill Penn State football I have no problem with Penn State joining in with these programs and offering whatever it wants to players. The NCAA doesn’t care, I don’t care.

I wait with baited breath

Please keep in mind that potential recruits read these posts. Be careful
Potential recruits? Or the families / parents of potential recruits? No offense meant to you DrJC but I'd be amazed if anyone under 30 found their way to this message board. Any teenager I've been around doesn't stray too far from the Instagram or Twitter verse to find their way to an actual old school message board. Kind of the reason I'd guess the average age of the board is 52.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT