• 50 - 59

Votes: 97 29.6%
  • 60 - 69

Votes: 93 28.4%
  • 70 and older

Votes: 29 8.8%

• Total voters
B9991_B78-6_C92-437_F-8341-6_D38_D5_D33_E7_E.jpg

To the contrary. Those of us who are older understand that sticks and stones may break our bones but names will never hurt us.

So why didn't the elder statesmen of the board impart that lesson to their millennial children who need safe spaces on college campuses and have panic attacks when they're confronted in the work place?

Reactions: Aardvark86
So why didn't the elder statesmen of the board impart that lesson to their millennial children who need safe spaces on college campuses and have panic attacks when they're confronted in the work place?

I blame it on the 60’s, personally.

But some of us did. A work colleague once told me he teased his son mercilessly so that he would develop a thick skin. And there is an Asian kid at my sons school who is no good at math who the boys have dubbed “the exception”.

Lately it seems all rationality and civility has been thrown out the window. SMH.
I'm not speaking about this board though. Generally we're pretty decent ,unless its an
"in game" thread. LOL.
No doubt. Its a lot easier to be less civil when you don't have to do it to someones face. The current day 'telephone tough guy' sits at his keyboard spewing venom with no repercussions. I see this with this board, all social media and sometimes even at work when the workforce is becoming more and more remote.

As I heard someone say, twitter was put in place as a social experiment...and we are all failing miserable :)

Reactions: BBrown

In all honesty, in my 50s, I feel better then ever. I have always worked out hard, but now, with kids old enough to take care of themselves, I have more time to take care of myself and my marriage. I am coming off back to back Spartan Trifecta's that included two Beasts on the grand daddy of them all on Killington. My wife and I have never been in a better place. We have our family time with the kids, we travel, and just generally enjoy just hanging out. I am not saying that the others decades weren't satisfying, just different and kid-centric (as they needed to be).

In all honesty, in my 50s, I feel better then ever. I have always worked out hard, but now, with kids old enough to take care of themselves, I have more time to take care of myself and my marriage. I am coming off back to back Spartan Trifecta's that included two Beasts on the grand daddy of them all on Killington. My wife and I have never been in a better place. We have our family time with the kids, we travel, and just generally enjoy just hanging out. I am not saying that the others decades weren't satisfying, just different and kid-centric (as they needed to be).
Damned straight. Take no prisoners, MA.

Reactions: MAJoePa
Lately it seems all rationality and civility has been thrown out the window. SMH.
I'm not speaking about this board though. Generally we're pretty decent ,unless its an
"in game" thread. LOL.

Absolutely true. In politics, driving about town, shopping in a grocery store, sporting events.... It's bad and getting worse. I guess all we can do is lead by example.

Considering the majority of posters are 40 and up, I am surprised the board is not more civil.
You mistakenly assume a progression in age equals a progression in civility. When you live in pain, get "reduction in forced" in your 50's, twice, remember Vietnam's vets coming home vilified, spat on, cursed, physically assaulted by crowds of "war protesters" after being DRAFTED, not volunteering and coming home to parades and TV spots where you greet your deliriously thrilled family, etc. plus tons more the "fill line" as my wife calls is surpassed on occasion and you may be a bit less civil. Sort of like a civil war? Oxymoron's live.

We'd be glad to have you Carl. Each week a bunch of us agree to get together at a certain time and place, but none of us can remember either one, so we stumble around looking for a good place to stare at broads and we eventually find each other.:) Here are two early arrivals for our Friday, or was it Saturday? meeting.:confused:

1fcfb94128beaf1c285b8e555b163f36.jpg

Reactions: Bob78
Aside from having some lapses in memory, that guy seems much younger than 98.

There might actually be a positive correlation between throwing “F bombs” and longevity. I’m going to give it a try. :)

If so, then I am gonna run out of f***ing money because I'm gonna make it to about 1f***ing40.
Just f***ing sayin'.

Reactions: kevin310
You mistakenly assume a progression in age equals a progression in civility. When you live in pain, get "reduction in forced" in your 50's, twice, remember Vietnam's vets coming home vilified, spat on, cursed, physically assaulted by crowds of "war protesters" after being DRAFTED, not volunteering and coming home to parades and TV spots where you greet your deliriously thrilled family, etc. plus tons more the "fill line" as my wife calls is surpassed on occasion and you may be a bit less civil. Sort of like a civil war? Oxymoron's live.

O K, Carl.........

By the way, do you have access to any firearms?

We'd be glad to have you Carl. Each week a bunch of us agree to get together at a certain time and place, but none of us can remember either one, so we stumble around looking for a good place to stare at broads and we eventually find each other.:) Here are two early arrivals for our Friday, or was it Saturday? meeting.:confused:
They appear to be a bit older than I, maybe 20 years older but look like smart fellows, know where to look and all but possibly can't remember what to do with it.

1fcfb94128beaf1c285b8e555b163f36.jpg

Reactions: fairgambit
O K, Carl.........

By the way, do you have access to any firearms?
Hundreds with limitless ammunition. Never drew down on a human or considered it. Hope I never have to, to defend my wife or myself. But, I'll be armed in my home it it is necessary. I just passed my eight hour CC training test and take the shooting part this spring when the weather warms up. Never expect on need it but am cautious and preparing for a potential dreadful event if our defense is necessary. Be Prepared.

Carl, trust me on this. These fellows will tell you, despite their age, it just like riding a bike. You never forget what to do with it. The problem is that, like a old bike, sometimes the equipment is flat and fails to inflate.:(

Reactions: Bob78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT