Votes: 97 29.6%
  • 60 - 69

Votes: 93 28.4%
  • 70 and older

Votes: 29 8.8%

• Total voters

Woodpecker

May 29, 2001
Some responses to a recent thread got me wondering about the age distribution of board posters. So tell me ...

Reactions: fairgambit
Some responses to a recent thread got me wondering about the age distribution of board posters. So tell me ...

It should be interesting. I bet the avg for this board is in the 50-59 range. Thats where I fall.
But I bet if you went to 247 it would be significantly younger.

Considering the majority of posters are 40 and up, I am surprised the board is not more civil.
I think that the poll may need to be up through the weekend. So far, we're just catching those who can post late on a Wednesday afternoon. I expect the average to go down when the working stiffs get home and skew it away from the geezers.

It should be interesting. I bet the avg for this board is in the 50-59 range. Thats where I fall.
But I bet if you went to 247 it would be significantly younger.

What makes you think the 247 board is younger? I have an account there, but I rarely visit. I don’t like how premium posts are mixed in the normal threads but the premium posts are block from view.

At least there’s an age category older than mine.....lots of time the last category is “age 65 and older”!

The approximate average age of board members was pretty much known after a couple of spirited Ginger or Mary Ann debates.

What makes you think the 247 board is younger? I have an account there, but I rarely visit. I don’t like how premium posts are mixed in the normal threads but the premium posts are block from view.

I was only there for about 6 mos. right after Fitz went over but it just seemed like a younger crowd than here. Seemed like more students.

Considering the majority of posters are 40 and up, I am surprised the board is not more civil.
£¥€|< you and the £¥€|<ing high horse you £¥€|<ing rode in on. Who the £¥€|< are you to £¥€|<ing call us un-£¥€|<ing civil?!!?? :):cool::D

Some board regulars just hanging out.:)

Old-men-sit-on-bench-on-Mother-Teresa-Boulevard-Prishtina-Kosovo.jpg

old-men-sitting-on-bench-2896x1944_98647.jpg

201507559c005d9c159.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78
I was only there for about 6 mos. right after Fitz went over but it just seemed like a younger crowd than here. Seemed like more students.

Yeah, it's clearly a younger crowd at 247. I saw a thread there where most had no memories of penn state teams of the mid to late 1990s.

ADVERTISEMENT