• Goldeneye

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The World Is Not Enough

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Okay, here's part two - favorite James Bond theme songs from the 80's - 00's. If you have a write in, please share!

1. 'For Your Eyes Only', Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only

2. 'Skyfall', Adele - Skyfall

3. 'A View To A Kill', Duran Duran - A View To A Kill

4. 'Goldeneye', Tina Turner - Goldeneye

5. 'The World Is Not Enough', Garbage - The World Is Not Enough

Here's something interesting about A View to a Kill:

"A View to a Kill" is the thirteenth single by the English new wave band Duran Duran, released on 6 May 1985. Written and recorded as the theme for the 1985 James Bond movie A View to a Kill, it became one of the band's biggest hits. It remains the only James Bond theme song to have reached number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100; it also made it to number 2 for three weeks on the UK Singles Chart.[1][2]

This song is still huge. I just don't like it as a James Bond song.

LdN

Here's something interesting about A View to a Kill:

"A View to a Kill" is the thirteenth single by the English new wave band Duran Duran, released on 6 May 1985. Written and recorded as the theme for the 1985 James Bond movie A View to a Kill, it became one of the band's biggest hits. It remains the only James Bond theme song to have reached number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100; it also made it to number 2 for three weeks on the UK Singles Chart.[1][2]

This song is still huge. I just don't like it as a James Bond song.

LdN

There is some cool musical trivia with regard to Bond songs. Did you know Blondie was the original choice to perform 'For Your Eyes Only'? It's a good enough proper Bond song whereas Easton's is more of a ballad, but I still like Easton's better.

Reactions: simons96
I think "Goldeneye" is a better song, but FYEO is a better Bond theme . . . btw, only credit sequence that features the artist singing the song . . .

There is some cool musical trivia with regard to Bond songs. Did you know Blondie was the original choice to perform 'For Your Eyes Only'? It's a good enough proper Bond song whereas Easton's is more of a ballad, but I still like Easton's better.

That's pretty awesome. Is it the same song and lyrics? Listening at work can't really tell as it is so different in sound.

LdN

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
That's pretty awesome. Is it the same song and lyrics? Listening at work can't really tell as it is so different in sound.

LdN

Two different songs - Debbie Harry and Chris Stein wrote their version; Bill Conti and Michael Leeson wrote the one for Easton.

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT