ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Favorite 80s Movie Girlfriend!

Favorite 80s Movie Girlfriend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One more write in that, looking back at the thread, I believe was missed. Karen Allen, who rose to fame in Animal House, but played in many films in the 80's. Another actress I would describe as "girl next door" cute.
Karen-Allen-Animal-House.jpeg

Karen-Allen.jpg

De Mornay was so sexy in that movie. I had to vote for her. Second was LaBroke but today's photos of her are off-putting. Now if you would have said the "Flash Dance" Jennifer Beals, that would have been my number one. Since then, my nights are haunted looking for a gal that eats crab with a tux jacket with nothing under but fake cuffs.

Flashdance_102Pyxurz.jpg

She was SPECTACULAR in that movie.

Hey Midnighter... I just saw that you list Aldie Virginia as your "location". Is that where you live now, or where you grew up? My in laws go down there several times a year with their beagleing club. There is some property/facilities there that are from the national beagleing association (or something like that). Anyway... small world.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Hey Midnighter... I just saw that you list Aldie Virginia as your "location". Is that where you live now, or where you grew up? My in laws go down there several times a year with their beagleing club. There is some property/facilities there that are from the national beagleing association (or something like that). Anyway... small world.

I live there now; grew up all over (Marine brat) but was born in and call Western PA home (Beaver County) - nearly all my relatives were born in and live there too. So, while we're all Pennsylvanians, my daughter is a rebel Washingtonian having actually been born in DC.

Haven't heard of the Beagleing stuff but not surprised - Aldie is smack dab in the middle of hunt country Virginia (though wine drinking/tasting is quickly taking over as the preferred pastime of the locals, myself included). We go to Middleburg, right down the road from Aldie, every year for their Christmas parade and the hunt portion is always awesome to watch...

LRG-Mburg-Hunt-at-Middleburg-Xmas-parade.jpg

How about Boof from TeenWolf? Michael J. Fox's girlfriend...

Hmmm...did a quick search to refresh my memory and note Pamela Wells (played by actress Lorrie Griffin), the cheerleader from Teen Wolf, is way more worthy of this poll and should have been included!

pamelateenwolfreal.png

Reactions: grinagrin
Haven't heard of the Beagleing stuff

Beagleing is basically like fox hunting, except the "hunters" are on foot and they chase rabbits with beagles (or basset hounds) as opposed to foxes with fox hounds. It's a good way for my in laws to get some exercise and then socialize at a cocktail party afterwards.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Shue in the 80s. Karate Kid and Cocktail!
Allow me to enter a write-in vote for memorable girlfriend performance by a 1980s female, one Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places. She doesn't get the win but deserves an honorable mention in my book.
trading%2Bplaces.jpg
Not the only thing that Jamie Lee Curtis "tucks away"

I'm more of the wholesome "girl next door" kinda guy over the "model type" (think Mary Ann over Ginger), so I went with Cates. It was a tough choice over Shue and a write-in for Lea Thompson.

If you like "girl-next-door" types I submit Lori Laughlin, Secret Admirer (later Full House). Absolutely NOBODY has aged as well as her. Perhaps more beautiful today than then.

Reactions: fairgambit
If you like "girl-next-door" types I submit Lori Laughlin, Secret Admirer (later Full House). Absolutely NOBODY has aged as well as her. Perhaps more beautiful today than then.

Will pick up that flag for you lest The BWI Council of Elders pelts you continuously with yellow flags!

351d3c6cf6020befd93da2964e2623f6.jpg

And agree - she's aged *very* well.....(will have to do a poll on that topic one of these days).

np042115_loriloughlin_article_new.jpg

Lea Thompson, Elizabeth Shue, Mia Sara, Phoebe Cates, Janet Jones, Michelle Pfieffer, Penelope Ann Miller, and Kelly Preston... wouldn't split a hair between them.

It is not even close and I am surprised none of these are mentioned. Men don't want kids. Here are my favorite girlfriends for those in their 80’s: Greta Carbo, Jean Harlow, Ginger Rogers, Carole Lombard, Thelma Todd, Olivia De Haviland, Fay Wray, Myrna Loy, Mary Nolan, Claudette Cobert, Marion Davies, Virginia Bruce, Gloria Swanson, Joan Crawford, Anna Mae Wong and Constance Bennett. Hubba Hubba.

It is not even close and I am surprised none of these are mentioned. Men don't want kids. Here are my favorite girlfriends for those in their 80’s: Greta Carbo, Jean Harlow, Ginger Rogers, Carole Lombard, Thelma Todd, Olivia De Haviland, Fay Wray, Myrna Loy, Mary Nolan, Claudette Cobert, Marion Davies, Virginia Bruce, Gloria Swanson, Joan Crawford, Anna Mae Wong and Constance Bennett. Hubba Hubba.
:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT